Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 04:06 AM   #9841
Stache
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 373
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
Turns out I just have too many souls. Or don't have any souls. I've lot count.
There's something that has been bugging me about that; you outright stated the other mercs don't have souls, strongly implying you took them for yourself at one point or another in order to cheat both Death and the Devil and escape from hell.

If so, how did Sniper and Scout briefly end up in heaven? Is a soul not required for this? Did their soul temporarily leave your body when that happened?
Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #9842
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 6850
Posts: 18,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stache View Post
There's something that has been bugging me about that; you outright stated the other mercs don't have souls, strongly implying you took them for yourself at one point or another in order to cheat both Death and the Devil and escape from hell.

If so, how did Sniper and Scout briefly end up in heaven? Is a soul not required for this? Did their soul temporarily leave your body when that happened?
I've been wondering that myself. I just think Satan is dumb, I mean, I'm totally going to hell anyway, looking at what I've done, plus I can regenerate, so I don't know why he bothered with the contract.

Plus, as I said in the previous comic, they're just hallucinations of a dying brain. They would have 'gone' anywhere they believed. I believed I was going to hell so that is where my mind took me.

It's that or they absorbed some souls during Scream Fortress.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #9843
Thurbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 2038
Posts: 5,589
But some people really just turn into ghosts or become undead when they die. Though I guess in one halloween comic Soldier suggested it's because they have unfinished business.
Thurbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #9844
Gyokuyoutama
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 4193
Posts: 5,846
After 10 games, finally get Flame and Glass to combine.

But I'm at one life and the opponent played Yurius, Levin Duke in his turn, so it kills me.
Gyokuyoutama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #9845
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 6850
Posts: 18,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post
But some people really just turn into ghosts or become undead when they die. Though I guess in one halloween comic Soldier suggested it's because they have unfinished business.
Yeah, death is super inconsistent in the comics.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #9846
Wake123
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 715
Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
Yeah, death is super inconsistent in the comics.
Kinda makes you wonder why it is a problem for the administrator in the first place

Eh, I remember back when it was just red dudes shooting blu dudes out in the desert for no good reason... Not that the comics are bad, but I liked the "background lore" when it was just the mann brothers and a bunch of unsolved mysteries. To this day the Loose Canon comic is still the best
Wake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #9847
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 6850
Posts: 18,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake123 View Post
Kinda makes you wonder why it is a problem for the administrator in the first place

Eh, I remember back when it was just red dudes shooting blu dudes out in the desert for no good reason... Not that the comics are bad, but I liked the "background lore" when it was just the mann brothers and a bunch of unsolved mysteries. To this day the Loose Canon comic is still the best
Honestly my favourite one is A Smissmas Story. It bridged the gap between what the mercs do and reality around them.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #9848
aabicus
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 6819
Posts: 16,259
Today's article is on Superhot and yesterday's article is on the Sneaky Spats of Sneaking!
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #9849
Timerlane
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Reputation: 999
Posts: 2,137
Honestly, when the Lady Killer came out, I spent a little while looking over what else would 'go' with it, and I couldn't think of anything more appropriate than the Spats, to go with 'formal, Victorian-era'.
Timerlane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #9850
A Dapper Apple
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Reputation: 4956
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabicus View Post
How else would I cosplay as the Rat in Spats
A Dapper Apple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:03 PM   #9851
hugthebed2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 1507
Posts: 1,398
Shoutout to aabicus' screenshot of L4D2 showing me a bunch of cool client-side workshop mods that are mainly changes to the HUD but also helpful.
hugthebed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #9852
aabicus
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 6819
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugthebed2 View Post
Shoutout to aabicus' screenshot of L4D2 showing me a bunch of cool client-side workshop mods that are mainly changes to the HUD but also helpful.
Woo!

Now that you mention it I should write a sequel to this article, cause it kinda sucks and is wrong on a number of levels.
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:38 AM   #9853
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 6850
Posts: 18,858
Aabicus's L4D mods are useful. Mine are stupid.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #9854
hugthebed2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 1507
Posts: 1,398
I just wish I could use my hunter mod while hosting, because then only people with a hunter model mod themselves can join.

I'm usually the person who hosts servers in my group due to port forwarding knowledge and a decent PC.
hugthebed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #9855
TailsTheeFox
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Reputation: 746
Posts: 1,273
Wow this thread is closing in on 10,000 posts, and 1,000,000 views.

Half of each is from The Medic. ;P
TailsTheeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2015, All Rights Reserved.