Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding

Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
MOTpoetryION

Can any map makers answer this

Im waiting for the easyer tool set. And running ideas for maps in my head. And was wondering are there any problems involved with having a moving panel where a portal can be placed on it? Is it possable ive read somewhere about movable portals? But it was nothing more then just a mention. I hope you uderstand what in saying. thanks for any help
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
PluMGMK

Moving portals are normally disabled. You have to turn on the "sv_allow_mobile_portals" ConVar, which I imagine will be beyond the scope of the "easy" map maker.
PluMGMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
MOTpoetryION

what? entering a code is not hard. Or was someone being a little fascias?
MOTpoetryION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Dino_Yoshi13

Except for not everyone will know that code needs to be on when they play the map. What you want to do is send the command to the console using a logic_auto and point_clientcommand.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._clientcommand

The input from the logic_auto set should be the command you want to execute, in this case "sv_allow_moblie_portals 1". This will allow you to put portals onto moving surfaces by default.
Dino_Yoshi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
PluMGMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Yoshi13 View Post
Except for not everyone will know that code needs to be on when they play the map. What you want to do is send the command to the console using a logic_auto and point_clientcommand.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._clientcommand

The input from the logic_auto set should be the command you want to execute, in this case "sv_allow_moblie_portals 1". This will allow you to put portals onto moving surfaces by default.
Which, as I said, may very well be beyond the scope of the new map editor.
PluMGMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
MOTpoetryION

OK so if it is beyond the scope of the easy tool set. An easy fix would be just to tell everyone that they need to put that code in before they start, just add it in the description. But that will also mean only ones on the PC will be able to play huh? maybe i should take another look at the first set of tools again. Because my idea for a map is really cool i think.

Plumgmk, you have to agree that his response was allot more informative though.
MOTpoetryION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Spyro Cool

Is there a way to do this on certain surfaces only. (I think the 'Neurotoxin Shutdown' thing was like that.
Spyro Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Dino_Yoshi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTpoetryION View Post
OK so if it is beyond the scope of the easy tool set. An easy fix would be just to tell everyone that they need to put that code in before they start, just add it in the description. But that will also mean only ones on the PC will be able to play huh? maybe i should take another look at the first set of tools again. Because my idea for a map is really cool i think.
Only PC/Mac players will be able to play custom maps in the first place, so it is entirely irrelevant if PS3/Xbox360 players can or can not type in a console command.
Dino_Yoshi13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding