Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
RosietheRiveter

Volunteer Moderator
stickied
RosietheRiveter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
Grim69

I have just created a new server for DOD:S using Steam pipe, but cannot connect as it says the server version is running a newer version to my client?

Any suggestions folks?
Grim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
wickedplayer494

DoD:S probably isn't coming this week for the conversion to go live:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher Dunn via HLDS
>Is DOD:S still on track for release this week?
Probably not. We have a few outstanding regressions.

I could use some help gathering data to reproduce these bugs or confirm them closed.

Audio files specified in .RES file not downloaded. (Possibly related to Linux case sensitivity?)
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...mes/issues/194

Sounds in .bsp not playing. (It would help to have an example .bsp that has sounds in it that don't play, and doesn't involve a bunch of extra custom assets outside the .bsp.)
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...mes/issues/240

Any examples of clients not reporting the sv_pure status properly?
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...mes/issues/234

Hopefully we can fix any important regressions (i.e. bugs that are not newly introduced by the SteamPipe filesystem changes) in a week or so.

We'll give everybody on this list several days notice before we flip the release game to SteamPipe.

- Fletch
wickedplayer494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #19
INsane_dod

Thanks, it is so nice to see the attention to detail they are giving this, especially Fletcher.

Go, Go, Go dods players, drop your weapons, hit the dirt and find more bugs!
There has got to be more crawling around.

Has someone got details on a fixed dod_anzio? Isn't it done already?
Report here if you know...
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...mes/issues/225
INsane_dod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #20
wickedplayer494

The current ETA is Friday morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher Dunn via HLDS
Hello!

We’re planning on switching Day of Defeat: Source to be delivered through SteamPipe on Friday Morning.

This update will cause all clients to be converted to the new VPK filesystem.

Servers downloaded with the HLDSUpdateTool will no longer be compatible. Only the server obtained using SteamCMD will work. The server is currently available for download; we encourage all server operators to download and install the server now if you haven’t already. The server is currently interoperable with the “steampipe” Beta of Day of Defeat:Source, which is also currently available.

Details about the conversion and instructions for downloading the server and client beta are available here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7388-QPFN-2491

- Fletch
wickedplayer494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
Looks like my dod_cobra_rc1 map handled the transition OK. I must have packed everything in the bsp when I built it.

Insane...do you need any help in looking for any issues w/CAMP packs?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
INsane_dod

Just woke up and see we updated ... found one issue for custom maps with the HTML css file objInfo.css
It is the style sheet for the HTML map descriptions and now must be in the same folder as the HTML document...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source\dod\custom\camp maps pack 1\resource\maphtml\dod_strand_english.html
objinfo.css needs to be in there too.

When this was a GCF system it was not required. I will fool around with objinfo.css but a quick fix is to just alter the download so it does have objinfo.css in there.

EDIT:Fixed the camp maps downloads for that issue.

Last edited by INsane_dod: 03-28-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
INsane_dod

I noticed it is far better to download maps and manually install them rather than have the server download them.

1. The map is there for on-line play "Find Servers" , it is not in the list for off-line play "Create server". It does load via console using the map <mapname> command, it just that the drop down list will not show maps in the download folder...it is also showing the graphs folders as a map selection.

2. The thumb files that are used in the "Find Servers" panel with "Simplified list" ticked are the same, if they are in the Custom folder AND the map is in there all will work OK, but if the map .bsp file is in the download folder you cannot see the thumbnail images.

The download folder and the custom folder are not working in sync.

The best place to put custom stuff at the moment is the custom folder if possible. I will report it as a bug ... if it is not there already.

Edit: I found more...
I placed in the gameinfo.txt SearchPaths section...
game+mod dod/download

Now if a map is in download\random folder name\maps I can see it in the "Create Server" panel drop down list...I can also see the thumbnail image in the server browser "Lan" tab when I start the map.

Reported to github now with test files.

Last edited by INsane_dod: 03-29-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
sawcoach

I found something else with custom maps. At the present time all maps can stay in the maps folder & work fine for online servers as well as when creating a server. If maps are in the download section after downloading from a server or in the custom folder, as I was led to believe they would have to be, they aren't available when creating a server as Insane stated.

When I switched to the Beta version all my custom maps were switched over to "Maps" folder with the stock ones which I wasn't expecting.
sawcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
INsane_dod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzDad View Post
Looks like my dod_cobra_rc1 map handled the transition OK. I must have packed everything in the bsp when I built it.

Insane...do you need any help in looking for any issues w/CAMP packs?
So far all I see is the issues that were there before SteamPipe, for dod_strand the water at allied spawn annoys some people ( I like it actually) and this is in the console...
Code:
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
   - Material       : strand/strand_grass002dirt001
   - Surface center : 90 37 -5
Warning: WorldTwoTextureBlend found on a non-displacement surface (material: strand/strand_grass002dirt001). This wastes perf for no benefit.
   - Material       : strand/strand_sand007bgravel4
   - Surface center : -768 132 -144
   - Material       : strand/strand_sand007sandfloor1
   - Surface center : -768 -138 -144
#
All seems to be working after they fixed the custom sounds not loading issue. So glad, dod and dods have a huge amount of custom maps, any update that breaks that is a game killer.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #26
INsane_dod

From the HLDS mailing list. Our Orangebox freinds are coming to join us....

Quote:
Subject: [hlds] Source engine games Steampipe conversion schedule

Hello!

Here is the expected schedule for the conversion of Source engine games to SteamPipe:

Day of Defeat: Source: already happened

Half-life 2: Deathmatch: Wednesday, April 3 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW)

Counter-Strike: Source: Tuesday, April 16

Team Fortress 2: Tuesday, April 23

Our goal is to repeat the process that we used with the Day of Defeat: Source switchover last week. The "beta" dedicated server (The SteamPipe version of the dedicated server) is actually the exact same server installation that will host the clients after the switchover. We will try to avoid releasing a dedicated server update near the time of the client switchover, so that SteamPipe dedicated servers can be up and ready, and as clients switchover to SteamPipe, those dedicated servers will be ready to host them.

One note concerning the TF2 beta. As you probably know, it's currently a separate app. (The TF2 beta client is App ID 520 and the TF2 beta dedicated server is AppID 229830.) About a week before the TF2 switchover, we'll initiate a beta process identical to the one used for the other games. We'll release the Steampipe version of the official dedicated server (App ID 232250) and an opt-in client beta available from the "betas" tab for the regular "Team Fortress 2" application (App ID 440). This beta client will have all the same content as the regular game, will talk to the same item server as the regular client, and will have all the same items in your backpack. It will be running App ID 440, not 520. The only difference is that it will be using the new file system with VPK files, it will have a different PatchVersion in the steam.inf file, and will only be able to connect to SteamPipe servers. To avoid confusion between the two different types of TF2 betas, at that time we will deactivate the beta client app 520 and dedicated server app 229830. We'll have further details on this process when we release the official dedicated server.

If you have questions that are not answered by this FAQ, now is the time to ask!
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7388-QPFN-2491

Thanks,
Fletch
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #27
IronCore

how about sourcemods plugins and rcbot2, are they still working or too early for that now?
IronCore is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source