Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
BlazingNova

May I suggest that people google his name?

Then again, there may be a bunch of pinkie_pies going around because of the whole MLP thing.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #17
Nekomancer

Exactly, this is not really an uncommon nickname, so such results are unreliable.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #18
Muffins21

Banned
Im playing with a Pinkie pie ATM
Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
mcnam4119

Unhappy VAC Ban

The same thing happened to me. Someone was able to access my account and then somehow got me VAC banned. One of my friends told me that someone had gotten their VAC ban removed so he told me that I should appeal to valve. But I keep seeing different arguments saying it is or isn't possible to remove a VAC ban. I don't really know what to do anymore.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #20
hybridchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnam4119 View Post
The same thing happened to me. Someone was able to access my account and then somehow got me VAC banned. One of my friends told me that someone had gotten their VAC ban removed so he told me that I should appeal to valve. But I keep seeing different arguments saying it is or isn't possible to remove a VAC ban. I don't really know what to do anymore.
If someone ever did appeal a vac ban they did it by contacting support.
If you want to know if it is possible then attempt to appeal the vac ban by contacting support.

Though in theory VAC bans are permanent and undoable. Which is to say that I believe someone out there is working on a way to stop VAC. Which is my way of saying that the 'better mousetrap' is not the same thing as 'impervious'. And all of that is to suggest I'm a conspiracy theorist working on a conspiracy
Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 AM   #21
ch0pst1xZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridchic View Post
Though in theory VAC bans are permanent and undoable. Which is to say that I believe someone out there is working on a way to stop VAC. Which is my way of saying that the 'better mousetrap' is not the same thing as 'impervious'. And all of that is to suggest I'm a conspiracy theorist working on a conspiracy
This made me smile.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #22
redavatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridchic View Post
If someone ever did appeal a vac ban they did it by contacting support.
If you want to know if it is possible then attempt to appeal the vac ban by contacting support.
Or by emailing a well known games magazine, making Valve suddenly go into PR-mode and unban the guy involved as a show of "good faith" (read: kissing public and pretending it was all a mistake out of fear of putting people off Steam).

I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh but the whole VAC system is flaky at best - people got unfairly banned before due to Valve's error and even then they first pretended the people banned were just making excuses. Then there's the thing where they'll unban people for PR yet ignore others at the same time. Either be consistent and unban/ban everyone, or have a proper set of rules in place - obviously there's no real ones right now.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #23
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavatar View Post
Or by emailing a well known games magazine, making Valve suddenly go into PR-mode and unban the guy involved as a show of "good faith" (read: kissing public and pretending it was all a mistake out of fear of putting people off Steam).

I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh but the whole VAC system is flaky at best - people got unfairly banned before due to Valve's error and even then they first pretended the people banned were just making excuses. Then there's the thing where they'll unban people for PR yet ignore others at the same time. Either be consistent and unban/ban everyone, or have a proper set of rules in place - obviously there's no real ones right now.
Are you referring to the MW2 incident? There's a pretty significant difference between the wide spread ban that happened due to a signature failure, than the individual whining that generally happens on these forums.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 AM   #24
masterchef341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
Are you referring to the MW2 incident? There's a pretty significant difference between the wide spread ban that happened due to a signature failure, than the individual whining that generally happens on these forums.
true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavatar View Post

false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eram View Post
....so minecraft then.

hilarious.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie_Pie View Post
But, I have proof it wasn't me...
This is the most silliest poop ever....
The VAC is permanent?
Why should we care who was using your account to cheat? It doesn't disrupt my game less just because the account used to cheat on was hacked. What's to stop two cheaters swapping their account details and going "oh, it can't've been me, see the IP is different! Must've been hacked!"?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion