Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Custom Content

Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #136
majorcain

"cl_drawhud 0" and "hidepanel all
Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #137
Jules

Why is it with the demo smoother, if I move the camera around with drive and set up a shot, as soon as I press make key, it immediately switches back to my first person view and makes that my key, anyone know how to get around it? It appears as if I can't setup any cameras, my only camera is my first person perspective.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #138
Justin7

I made some demo's today and I read stuff about it. But I wonder how to get it into .avi. I can't really work with the .demo files.

Whats the easiest way to do that?
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #139
bilal_786_786

I've tried to record from uncompressed on css it recorsd it all on CSS and when I check in my CSS folder the video is there but if I try to oepn it in Sony Vegas or WMP it won;t play...the file is like 3-4gb but won't allow me to open it as I get an error...same thing with Huffy :s
bilal_786_786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #140
Fragalishus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Why is it with the demo smoother, if I move the camera around with drive and set up a shot, as soon as I press make key, it immediately switches back to my first person view and makes that my key, anyone know how to get around it? It appears as if I can't setup any cameras, my only camera is my first person perspective.
Sorry, kind of forgot about this thread. Press and hold "make key" when using drive to place your key, once you let go the key will be put wherever you are at the time.

bilal_786_786, try running it through virtualdub and re-save it. This will usually repair the file. If virtualdub can't open it then you need to re-record it.
Fragalishus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #141
Yasushi

what is the code to disable sprays ?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #142
Fragalishus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasushi View Post
what is the code to disable sprays ?
Not sure, probably has "decal" in the name of the cvar I would think. "find decal" in console should find something relevant.

Or you can delete (or rename) the

...[game name]/[mod name]downloads
...[game name]/[mod name]/materials/temp

(...day of defeat source/dod/downloads etc.)

folders and that will get rid of them, too.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #143
rpmmatt

Please help. I have made a several demo's, everytime I try to edit one using the smoother, I can make my selection, I choose "drive", position the camera, and then try to "Make Key", but everytime I do the camera either returns to the position the demo was recorded from, or if I hold the "Make Key" button as suggested above, I get a HL2.exe error and crash back to desktop.
I cant get past this problem. I am using custom skins and sounds if that has anything to do with it.
Any help much appreciated.
rpmmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #144
Fragalishus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmatt View Post
Please help. I have made a several demo's, everytime I try to edit one using the smoother, I can make my selection, I choose "drive", position the camera, and then try to "Make Key", but everytime I do the camera either returns to the position the demo was recorded from, or if I hold the "Make Key" button as suggested above, I get a HL2.exe error and crash back to desktop.
I cant get past this problem. I am using custom skins and sounds if that has anything to do with it.
Any help much appreciated.
Well it could be any number of things. Haven't had that problem much myself, but the few times I did here's how I was able to get a recam (not always tho).

Watch the demo a few times and write down tick numbers for where you want the camera to be. You won't be able to get as exact, but just get a rough idea. When you first load up the demo, pause it, reload the demo and enter your start/end ticks. Then drive mode around the map and set your keyframes without letting the demo run. It's a little more difficult since you won't be running the demo where you can see your models, but sometimes you can get your keyframes placed and save it. Just try to set simpler paths, maybe even stationary shots, it's better than nothing.

If it still crashes at the beginning of the demo then it's either corrupt or you have some other issue going on, maybe a driver. Sorry the late response.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #145
kalleiskogen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragalishus View Post
Well it could be any number of things. Haven't had that problem much myself, but the few times I did here's how I was able to get a recam (not always tho).

Watch the demo a few times and write down tick numbers for where you want the camera to be. You won't be able to get as exact, but just get a rough idea. When you first load up the demo, pause it, reload the demo and enter your start/end ticks. Then drive mode around the map and set your keyframes without letting the demo run. It's a little more difficult since you won't be running the demo where you can see your models, but sometimes you can get your keyframes placed and save it. Just try to set simpler paths, maybe even stationary shots, it's better than nothing.

If it still crashes at the beginning of the demo then it's either corrupt or you have some other issue going on, maybe a driver. Sorry the late response.
I'm currently making a movie, and ive successfully changed the deathnotices and that, but what command, in the config, disables the hud elements, such as ammo, flag status and stamina , but leaves the deathnotices left?

Please Help!
kalleiskogen2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Custom Content