Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 06-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Abgrac

Lightbulb How to Upload / Use custom images / screenshots in the Library background!

I just hope this is not, in any way, against Steams rules...

To put a custom JPEG image to your Library's Game background and even upload online to Cloud, all you need to do is go to Steam/userdata/NUMBER(Here.is.7703550)/760/remote/<GAME-ID>/screenshots and put your JPEG image there with a logic sequencial name, like "2011-06-10_00003.jpg" following the last number already named... then copy it to the thumbnails folder as well.

Just to remind that you must restart your Steam for it to come up and show! Then you'll be able to Upload it online!

Also, if you don't know what's the GAME-ID, just ask Steam to create a desktop shortcut of your game, right-click it -> Properties and you'll find it after "steam://rungameid/"...

If you don't have those folders in your PC, you can just create them, inside de 760/remote one.
Hope this helps someone...

Last edited by Abgrac: 06-10-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Nicoli20

Thanks for this guide. It helped me sort out an issue in which my screenshots weren't being associated with the game.
Nicoli20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
DarkByke

Doesn't it do this automatically?
DarkByke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
pokami

It is not doing it automatically for non-steam games..
pokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Threemoons

QUESTION: I have several Skyrim screenshots, but it is only using ONE of them as my library background. How can I fix it/make it "move" through my screenshots?

Thanks so much!
Threemoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #6
Friendliest

jesus christ this is tedious
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #7
DarthPsymon

I'm late to the party, but thanks to this thread it helped me find what I was looking for.

I'll just add that I didn't have to make a thumbnail copy manually.
I moved my picture into the folder, which I found by clicking "show on disk" from the "screenshot uploader" window, restarted steam, and it generated a thumbnail for me so my image also appeared in the "screenshot uploader" window.
DarthPsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #8
Kothar Korinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threemoons View Post
QUESTION: I have several Skyrim screenshots, but it is only using ONE of them as my library background. How can I fix it/make it "move" through my screenshots?

Thanks so much!
I'm having the same issue with some "Payday 2" screenshots, and my "Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" screenshots aren't showing up at all in the Steam library background. It's not a big deal, but I would prefer it fixed if possible. Thanks for any help/info.
Kothar Korinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #9
CaptainElectric

Forgive my necro-post, but thank you!

I've been wondering how to solve this issue for years. I run a non-Steam game thru Steam and take a bunch of screenshots, but don't get around to uploading all of them, and eventually uninstall the game for some reason; then, eventually re-install the game, and none of my old screenshots show up in the Steam screenshot uploader along with the new ones.

Now I know why: because Steam assigns a random ID to those folders each time!

Not only can I now move those old screenshots to the right folder (and thumbnail folder), but I also tested your naming convention advice by running the game completely outside of Steam, taking a screenshot with Prnt Screen, and then saving it as a JPG in the appropriate folder before restarting Steam. It worked and showed up in the Steam screenshot uploader!
CaptainElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #10
CaptainElectric

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPsymon View Post
I'll just add that I didn't have to make a thumbnail copy manually.

I moved my picture into the folder, which I found by clicking "show on disk" from the "screenshot uploader" window, restarted steam, and it generated a thumbnail for me so my image also appeared in the "screenshot uploader" window.
Missed that part, thank you as well.
CaptainElectric is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips