Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Caster

Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
royal_prawn

good game... one question.

what is considered "beating the game?" I only ask because I have a big backlog(over 100 games ).
Old 05-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
elecorn

Caster Master
For me, beating the game is getting to the credits at the end.

Caster is episodic, so there may be new content in the future, but I'm not sure when that will be.

I intentionally made Caster a bit short since I myself would rather experience something fun and feel like I finished it rather than quiting halfway because I got bored or the game was too long. I can't play RPGs anymore for that reason no matter how good they are
elecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
breichart

Great game by the way. I hope you make a sequel or some more dlc's, because I will buy them. Love the artstyle.
breichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
royal_prawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecorn View Post
For me, beating the game is getting to the credits at the end.

Caster is episodic, so there may be new content in the future, but I'm not sure when that will be.
so the game never ends? I forgot to mention that I had beaten the Middon Region. I also beat the first level of the Lydonia Chronicles tonight. from what I learned on the forum, it seems that the "base" game seems to be the Middon region and the Lydonia Chronicles seems like an add-on. correct me if I'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecorn View Post
I intentionally made Caster a bit short since I myself would rather experience something fun and feel like I finished it rather than quiting halfway because I got bored or the game was too long. I can't play RPGs anymore for that reason no matter how good they are
I agree in a sense. games are like movies in that way. Why pad a movie that's an hour and a half into three hours when the extra hour and a half would just make people dislike it? the reverse is the same too. why make a 2 hour movie into a movie that's an hour and a half just to make it "tighter" or whatever the word I'm looking for is. it could possibly take away important plot points. just look at the HP movies :P
royal_prawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Caster