Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 03-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #1
Warboss Choppa

Does anyone ever think they will fix pistols?

I'm still flabergasted that Valve still has pistols that can one shot kill opponents with head armor (deagle and R8 aside). Even some pro players agree that they shouldn't be able to do this. And yet Valve has focused their attention to retweaking some weapons uneededly (negev and R8). Hell they haven't even raised the price on the UMP which would be a good nerf without completely ruining the way it performs. It just blows my mind still. Am I the only one who thinks like this?
Old 03-28-2017, 01:24 AM   #2
vandal33

Yeah, I've been wondering when will they nerf the ump-45 (or at least make more expensive) months ago.

As for the pistols, been wondering that for years.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
- HawkEye -

Apparently Valve likes the way pistols are. Which quite frankly is mind boggling but it's the way it is.
- HawkEye - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
freakn1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by - HawkEye - View Post
Apparently Valve likes the way pistols are. Which quite frankly is mind boggling but it's the way it is.
ya, at this point I don't think they will either

I mean this blog post was over a year ago:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13394/

"We still think there’s value in trying to find a better balance for pistols and more skillful ways to use rifles, so we hope to tackle rifles and pistols again in the future."
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #5
-CSGO-

Pistols are fine mate, eco rounds are difficult enough at the moment, I don't see why Valve make it impossible to win a eco round. (sry for bad english)
-CSGO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CSGO- View Post
Pistols are fine mate, eco rounds are difficult enough at the moment, I don't see why Valve make it impossible to win a eco round. (sry for bad english)
They really aren't, a $300 pistol shouldn't 1 shot someone who has a multiple thousand dollar rifle.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss Choppa View Post
They really aren't, a $300 pistol shouldn't 1 shot someone who has a multiple thousand dollar rifle.
Which pistols can 1 shot at rifle range?

The thing I hate is that positionally, it makes sense for a rifle to have an advantage far away and a SMG to have an advantage close up, a pistol often has as much advantage as an SMG for a fraction of the price. I don't care if they can 1-shot, as long as the person is out of position. Their ridiculous rate of fire and mobility is what gets me.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestparkay View Post
Which pistols can 1 shot at rifle range?

The thing I hate is that positionally, it makes sense for a rifle to have an advantage far away and a SMG to have an advantage close up, a pistol often has as much advantage as an SMG for a fraction of the price. I don't care if they can 1-shot, as long as the person is out of position. Their ridiculous rate of fire and mobility is what gets me.
Whilst I agree on the mobility, terrorists have to enter a site at some point and therefore ranges will be close and the 1 shot possibility becomes a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CSGO- View Post
The oneshot kill can be removed and still make eco rounds a possibility. Remember that a successful eco round can just mean 3 kills and doing economical damage or get a plant. It doesn't need to be a win.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
Whilst I agree on the mobility, terrorists have to enter a site at some point and therefore ranges will be close and the 1 shot possibility becomes a reality.
I can't think of a single map where CTs have to encounter the terrorists at close range. Every map has close range and long range possibilities that you can play based on what gun you have.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #10
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestparkay View Post
I can't think of a single map where CTs have to encounter the terrorists at close range. Every map has close range and long range possibilities that you can play based on what gun you have.
It's just about every map if terrorists use a smoke or two and decent flashes.
Watch some pro games to see how often it's successful.

Decent teams have strats to do precisely this and attempt to overwhelm the defences on an 'eco' buy. A plant or a few kills is considered a victory.

The issue is the strength of pistols in such a situation compared to the investment.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:19 PM   #11
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
It's just about every map if terrorists use a smoke or two and decent flashes.
Watch some pro games to see how often it's successful.

Decent teams have strats to do precisely this and attempt to overwhelm the defences on an 'eco' buy. A plant or a few kills is considered a victory.

The issue is the strength of pistols in such a situation compared to the investment.
^ Exactly
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive