Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 04-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #16
DragonSlayer99

I'd say D2 needs fixes, not a real remake. I mean it's the map that's played the most. In general. And you don't really need to change the things are are working, do you? Can't say much about office, simply because I don't care about that map.

And no, Valve's focus isn't only the pro scene. But yeah, it makes sense they care a lot about 'em proZ because that's the best marketing strategy they can get, right (pun not intended)?

EDIT: MM killed the community server star

Last edited by DragonSlayer99: 04-15-2017 at 09:16 AM.
DragonSlayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer99 View Post

EDIT: MM killed the community server star
MM helped, but vavle's policies also killed it. For example, blacklisting servers that run skin plugins, but still advertising in communities servers "Leave this server to watch the major on the home screen!". Disabling drops in community servers, requiring people to play in valve servers for XP instead of also allowing purely vanilla community servers to give XP, etc etc.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #18
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer99 View Post
I'd say D2 needs fixes, not a real remake. I mean it's the map that's played the most. In general. And you don't really need to change the things are are working, do you?
Valve obviously wants the best possible looking maps now that CS:GO is being televised and viewership rising for streams.

D2 will come back with a graphical upgrade and a few changes to tweak its gameplay.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:12 AM   #19
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7_again View Post
Why not make negev or m249 exactly like Day of Defeat: Source mg's? I mean , just mounting it down to any surfaces with right click and spray with dead-end accuracy. That would be more tactical IMO and I wonder why they didn't implement it after so many years. And keep 5k dollar price of course!
I agree with the keep the 5k dollar price while giving it some buffs. The machine gun is supposed to be the heaviest and most expensive weapon in the game but sadly, it is not equally dangerous.

It doesn't need to be accurate like rifles, it's supposed to be a situational weapon like holding corner angles, suppressing fire and such. If the weapon is put at a high price, at least make it superior at its situational role. I don't care if it's a recoil reduction, +firing rate or make it able to mount on low walls, it needs to be equally powerful as its cost.

Prior to the Negev update, I find both machine guns (M249 and Negev) pretty effective at close-quarters/indoor defense but I do feel the level of effectiveness doesn't justify its high cost.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #20
Warboss Choppa

I freaking hate playing comp right now, it's literally smoke negev spamm and then smoke and negev spam with 2 ppl.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #21
nooneeverdoes

laboratory mouses do not speaking
nooneeverdoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive