Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 04-20-2017, 05:48 AM   #10876
The Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabicus View Post
Today's article is A Chat About Dragonborn! There are so many quests in Skyrim where you swear your soul to XYZ entity, I've always been curious what happens when the Dragonborn finally dies. Lotta different factions/greater beings can claim they got dibs.
Akatosh gets first dibs on the Dragonborn because being Dragonborn is essentially being a shard of Akatosh. He gave you the dovah sos, he takes it away.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #10877
Thurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 1970 Corvette View Post
People STILL somehow missed it.
No, but what came of months of deleting hundreds of posts was simply not acceptable - like it literally jaratees me off for the fact that the only thing this amounted to was to suffocate as little belief in the integrity of post:rep ratios as I had

That's a joke tho, pls no take sereyus
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #10878
A 1970 Corvette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXxt23ac3vg

I know this video isn't terribly interesting if you don't know the cards involved (hell, they used a few that I had to look up myself) but this is pretty nutso. I always knew Dewloren and Grandsoil had some crazy potential... But damn.
A 1970 Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #10879
aabicus

Saints Row 2 is being given away on GOG.com! Grab it for the next 36 hours, you won't regret it*
*assuming the comments are right that it's more stable than the Steam version
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #10880
The Medic

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXxt23ac3vg

I know this video isn't terribly interesting if you don't know the cards involved (hell, they used a few that I had to look up myself) but this is pretty nutso. I always knew Dewloren and Grandsoil had some crazy potential... But damn.
Can you explain it to me because it looks interesting but I got no clue how to play Yu Gi'oh. I think maybe they had to get their entire deck in the graveyard to win but I'm not sure.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #10881
aabicus

Anyone know of any good bisexual visual novels? Having a surprisingly hard time finding any. Preferably in English.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #10882
Kumquat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
Akatosh gets first dibs on the Dragonborn because being Dragonborn is essentially being a shard of Akatosh. He gave you the dovah sos, he takes it away.
I wonder if in TES, it's possible to quantify the "size" of a soul

Like, Akatosh isn't some super special god soul, he just happens to be the "biggest" piece

If that's the case, then if DB eats enough soul bits then he might be the one absorbing Akatosh and not the other way around

But if it is a size issue, then Akatosh is likely too big to be rivaled by all the dragon souls put together, though.
Kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #10883
A 1970 Corvette

Quote:
Anyone know of any good bisexual visual novels? Having a surprisingly hard time finding any. Preferably in English.
Bi VNs seem to be a pretty rare market (though, admittedly, I usually go for the more eroge side of the market so I don't know about more romance-based VNs) I'd wager because people think that people are either only wanting straight or only wanting gay. Most of the stuff I've seen caters hard to one kind of thing and sticks to it, jack of all trades stuff seems much more rare for various reasons.

Then again the only non-pure-smut VN I've read was Katawa Shoujo which had the absolute best man on man ending in a predominantly straight VN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
Can you explain it to me because it looks interesting but I got no clue how to play Yu Gi'oh. I think maybe they had to get their entire deck in the graveyard to win but I'm not sure.
The background for this video is as such:
"Choose any format, TCG or OCG.
Your decklist must be legal during that format.
Your hand can start with any 5 cards of your choosing.
You must run 60 cards.
Your opponent’s opening hand is 5 blank cards.
You must have 0 cards in your Main Deck when you win the Duel.
You must have 0 cards in your Extra Deck when you win the Duel.
Your opponent must have 0 cards on their field, or in their hand/graveyard when you win the Duel.
You must win on your first turn.
You cannot win by deckout.
Your opponents life points must be 8000 when you win.
You must go first."

The cards used and their interactions are fairly myriad, but the main idea was to see if it was possible using a specific format of YGO to do a First Turn Kill with no cards in hand, deck, or Extra Deck with the maximum deck size. So while not a viable deck by any means, it DOES show that this specific set of challenges are doable within the constraints of the game.

Last edited by A 1970 Corvette: 04-20-2017 at 03:10 PM.
A 1970 Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #10884
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumquat View Post
Isn't that the whole deal with the differently sized soul gems?
MysticTheMeeM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #10885
Jay Dorris

Quote:
Preferably in English.
Chupacabra sightings are more common than english translated VNs.
Jay Dorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #10886
Kumquat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticTheMeeM View Post
Isn't that the whole deal with the differently sized soul gems?
I suppose a better, if more innuendo-laden way for me to ask my question is, "does size matter the most when determining what makes a TES soul special?"

There's funky stuff like Vivec fitting in Azura's star; lore-wise is it only because Azura's star is bigger, or is there some qualitative difference between Vivec's soul and those of other mortals?

Then there's also the distinction between black and white souls, and with Dragons it just gets more confusing, particularly since Azura's star can't trap them in Skyrim, which could just be gameplay/story segregation, or else it actually has lore significance.

Last edited by Kumquat: 04-20-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #10887
aabicus

Today's article is on Saints Row 2 Being Free! (I published it on the stroke of WordPress midnight, better people find out ASAP before the giveaway is over)

Last edited by aabicus: 04-20-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #10888
SN34

Still waiting for today's post.

gib post pls
SN34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #10889
The Medic

Quote:
Bi VNs seem to be a pretty rare market (though, admittedly, I usually go for the more eroge side of the market so I don't know about more romance-based VNs) I'd wager because people think that people are either only wanting straight or only wanting gay. Most of the stuff I've seen caters hard to one kind of thing and sticks to it, jack of all trades stuff seems much more rare for various reasons.

Then again the only non-pure-smut VN I've read was Katawa Shoujo which had the absolute best man on man ending in a predominantly straight VN.

The background for this video is as such:
"Choose any format, TCG or OCG.
Your decklist must be legal during that format.
Your hand can start with any 5 cards of your choosing.
You must run 60 cards.
Your opponent’s opening hand is 5 blank cards.
You must have 0 cards in your Main Deck when you win the Duel.
You must have 0 cards in your Extra Deck when you win the Duel.
Your opponent must have 0 cards on their field, or in their hand/graveyard when you win the Duel.
You must win on your first turn.
You cannot win by deckout.
Your opponents life points must be 8000 when you win.
You must go first."

The cards used and their interactions are fairly myriad, but the main idea was to see if it was possible using a specific format of YGO to do a First Turn Kill with no cards in hand, deck, or Extra Deck with the maximum deck size. So while not a viable deck by any means, it DOES show that this specific set of challenges are doable within the constraints of the game.
Well, that is... insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumquat View Post

Like, Akatosh isn't some super special god soul, he just happens to be the "biggest" piece

If that's the case, then if DB eats enough soul bits then he might be the one absorbing Akatosh and not the other way around

But if it is a size issue, then Akatosh is likely too big to be rivaled by all the dragon souls put together, though.
Actually, there is a Walking Way (a way of becoming a god) called soul stacking, that basically suggests that if you eat enough powerful souls, you could become a god. But really, to get on the level of Akatosh, the Last Dragonborn would need to consume literally every soul, and THEN he'd also need to work on Alduin and Auriel, because they're all fragments of the same time god, Aka.

Anyway, an article with content.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #10890
Gyokuyoutama

Good way to start a flame war #32142: Ask "is the correct version 'mirror mirror on the wall' or 'magic mirror on the wall'?"
Gyokuyoutama is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2