Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Clones

Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
chaosfox60

Hidden Gem?

Just bought this game in the xmas sale, and I have to say you need to fire your marketing guys.

Its great solid product yet I have never heard of it, and I love lemming type games.

I'm gonna let a few friends know about it sure but I thought I would just mention some ideas to get this game known again as I notice the developer lurks.

Get in a Indie Bundle:

By now most people have seen the astronomical sales the bundle promotions bring. You should get in on this.

humblebundle/indiegala/indieroyal etc

However this is a burst of flame before a game dies, as people buy these on mass and reduce the price and perceived value of the product FOREVER.

The trick to make money from this deal is to make it from the new player baseby means of DLC.

After a Humble bundle you now have a huge player base trying out your game for the first time. If you can convert at least 10% of that into DLC sales you will be rolling in cash.

Reddit & other community sites:

The reddit community loves active developers on the site, and this will give you a short term boost of traffic if not sales.

Create an account and do and AMA (ask me anything) about developing your game. Most people will appreciate the time and at least download the demo to have a look.

The same can be said of something awful and other large community's that have a gaming section.

Yeah its self promotion a bit but as long as you are not spamming, people will be willing to hear you out.

TL : DR

Your marketing sucks, I want to help.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Dr0W

I have to agree.
Dr0W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
okmot

Tomkorp Computer Solutions Inc.
Thanks for the game praise, and the marketing critique We do find that it's difficult to get a lot of recognition being an indie company, especially since it's our first game. We've done some google and FB ad runs, but were not impressed with the results. Steam has been great for us, at least during launch and holiday sales.
We'd love to get in an indie bundle but this might have to wait until the port to Linux/Mac is completed.

Your suggestions to announce on Reddit and SA are helpful, thanks! Are you aware of any large groups of Lemmings (or competitive RTS) fans that we should connect with? We've seen Clones during local LAN tournaments and the players really enjoyed the head-to-head action as well as spectating while others play.
okmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
AraxisHT

I suggest asking the Youtuber TotalBiscuit to take a look at your game. Sales tend to spike when he covers a game. Since it isn't a new game, he may be a little hesitant to cover it but it never hurts to ask. Also, if you release a significant update or DLC he's more likely to look at it.

He features this in the descriptions of his WTF Is... videos:
"If you're a developer and would like your game featured on our WTF is? series, please contact pr[at]cynicalbrit.com"

You may find his channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut

P.S. He has just announced that he is going to be a little busy covering Guild Wars 2 footage.
AraxisHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
mxtomek

Thumbs up

This games is really very good evolution of lemmings.
I tryed the demo first, and the trial was so good then I have no doubt to buy it.
This game can be little bit difficult at the beginning, even for experienced player, but after while this game gives so much FUN to find solutions and beat the levels.
I can only recommend it.
The author of this project is right, many of people does not know that this game exists. Add new things, baby campaign for beginners, update to version 2.0 and let the world know about it (maybe indiegames.com article or something like this)
Good work developers and see U in the next project.

Last edited by mxtomek: 03-15-2012 at 02:15 AM.
mxtomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
bloodhound01

Just give away some keys on reddit.com/r/gaming and people will love you for it.

The game is great.
bloodhound01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
okmot

Tomkorp Computer Solutions Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound01 View Post
Just give away some keys on reddit.com/r/gaming and people will love you for it.

The game is great.
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll include some keys (or a coupon code for the non-Steam version) as part of our next marketing push!
okmot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Clones