Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
wickedplayer494

Post Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 4/12/17 (4/13/17 UTC, 1.35.7.4)

Via the CS:GO blog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valve
[CSGO]
– Added Holiday Cheer.
[GAMEPLAY]
– For a limited time, the Negev and R8 Revolver are available in Competitive Matchmaking.
– R8 Revolver: Price reduced to 700
– Negev: Price reduced to 2000 as a starting point, to promote experimentation with the weapon.
[AUDIO]
– Volume now decays smoothly over distance, instead of by discrete steps.
– Adjusted HRTF audio mix to more closely match sound quality without HRTF.
– Added snd_hrtf_distance_behind (default 100), which allows HRTF to more closely match the perceived direction of a sound source as seen by the actual player behind a monitor.
– Fixed a bug where music volume would be set to the maximum level while accepting a lobby invitation.
[SERVERS]
– Added support for official game servers in Guangzhou and Shanghai for the Perfect World CS:GO Beta.
[MISC]
– Added Team ID option “Always On w/Equipment” to Game Settings
– Spectators can now use overhead equipment display.
– Fixed overhead equipment display not updating in some cases.
– Fixed orientation of stickers on dropped weapons.
– Adding Game State Integration output for use by tournament organizers. New output for player equipment value (with log_level 3), showing the observer slot for each player and adding a new ‘PhaseCountdowns’ feed for timing the end of warmup/freezetime/round ends.
Rumor has it:

- Mac OS X/macOS users may have broken audio after this update. Consider using Boot Camp for now if you already have a Windows installation set up through Boot Camp

- Chickens now have bunny hats, and when they're scared, they now drop easter eggs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnxFsAyGYxk (thanks to /u/TheCowYT for the video)

- Ahead of the now imminent release of CS:GO in China (with publishing handled by Perfect World), the Cartel series of skins now has low-violence variants: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/Gam...7de9b8c733ebc8

- Here's the item schema update with changes for the R8 Revolver and the Negev: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/Ste...fd8982031af981

- Size is ~30 MB

Last edited by wickedplayer494: 04-12-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
Warboss Choppa

$2000 for a Negev, well I know I'm not playing comp for a while.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
forrestparkay

Have they forgotten they have a beta client that people actually appreciated?
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
vandal33

I remember the old $5700 version was worth its price but right now, Is the Negev really that weak until it needs to cost $2000? Oh wait, I just remembered this is the same devs that made a one-shot-kill pistol for only $850.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:04 AM   #5
freakn1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal33 View Post
I remember the old $5700 version was worth its price but right now, Is the Negev really that weak until it needs to cost $2000? Oh wait, I just remembered this is the same devs that made a one-shot-kill pistol for only $850.
you have to warm up the negev before it becomes accurate

we becoming tf2 now
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
w0rshi

At $5700 almost nobody bought the negev in comp. MGs are the least used weapons in the game, it's time to change that. But if you guys keep complaining then I hope Valve removes the MGs from CS GO. If I buy a super expensive gun, I expect super easy kills, it makes sense. If I can just buy an ak or m4 and get kills then why bother with a negev? Dropping the price for a MG adds variety in MM. I don't want to see p90/m4/ak/awp/auto again.
w0rshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #7
MechanimaL

I think the negev is meant to serve a purpose as kind of anti-rush weapon and maybe other situations. Valve lets the people test out where it can be useful, which I find interesting.. If I support that kind of weapon in this game- I havent made up my mind about it yet.
MechanimaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #8
- HawkEye -

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rshi View Post
At $5700 almost nobody bought the negev in comp.
But it was good at what it did. All it needed was a price reduction, not a complete rework.
- HawkEye - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
ChocOrange

Of all the broken weapons in the game Valve chooses two that aren't currently used to 'fix'.

Sort out the weapons that need changing first. OP close range pistols with run and gun. UMP now that pros have finally realised... $900 reward shotguns.
Smoke and molly bugs.
There's a plethora of small bugs that should be fixed rather than dropping a weapon's price to find out the effect of people spam buying it.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #10
DragonSlayer99

The Negev just isn't CS anymore. It follows the stupid lots of inaccurate bullets formula. Essentially, instead of carefully aiming, you're better of holding m1 in order to be more 'accurate'...

I'm not even against an MG. But the implementation is like the exact opposite of being skill-based.
DragonSlayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #11
nooneeverdoes

The CSGO just isn't CS anymore. it is "COD:global fail"
nooneeverdoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #12
freakn1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer99 View Post
The Negev just isn't CS anymore. It follows the stupid lots of inaccurate bullets formula. Essentially, instead of carefully aiming, you're better of holding m1 in order to be more 'accurate'...

I'm not even against an MG. But the implementation is like the exact opposite of being skill-based.
it's the heavy's minigun from TF2 implemented into CS:GO

first few bullets aren't accurate so you get that spin up time then just spray and mow people down

devs are just so out of touch with the playerbase and gameplay
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:36 AM   #13
DragonSlayer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakn1ck View Post
devs are just so out of touch with the playerbase and gameplay
The opposite is the case. There are far more casuals than competitive players.

From a business PoV, they're doing everything right. It's just that the game took the CS formula, added a few nice things while making a lot worse, and lastly diverted from the original way too much (in the wrong way).

Meanwhile I'm waiting for another good FPS from Valve. But I don't see that coming anytime soon.
DragonSlayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:22 AM   #14
bob7_again

Why not make negev or m249 exactly like Day of Defeat: Source mg's? I mean , just mounting it down to any surfaces with right click and spray with dead-end accuracy. That would be more tactical IMO and I wonder why they didn't implement it after so many years. And keep 5k dollar price of course!

EDIT: But, proning is not in CSGO so you could mount it only in small height boxes or sth else.

Last edited by bob7_again: 04-15-2017 at 06:25 AM.
bob7_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #15
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer99 View Post
The opposite is the case.
If that were true, dust2 and office would have been the first two maps remade, and they wouldn't be trying to kill community servers. Valve only cares about the competitive scene, but are somewhat out of touch in terms of what makes the game competitive.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive