Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 04-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
Mr.Infidelz^

Why is Agility Spy still a thing in Mann Power?

Before you say "Why are you taking Mann Power seriously?" let me ask you this:

Who is taking MannPower more seriously? The person who wants to deathmatch with different combinations of powerups and unlocks, or the person who dedicates themselves to constantly finding the agility power up just to run seven laps around the map at almost completely untouchable speeds.

"It's a legit strategy."

Just because it's in the game doesn't make it an enjoyable strategy to face against.
For me, this combo is the most annoying thing in MannPower. It seems to be the thing all trolls go for to end maps quickly for everyone else.

Spy needs an agility penalty of some kind, similarly to the penalty Demoknights got with Knockout a while ago.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
gen. DeGroot

People still play Mannpower?
gen. DeGroot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
Mr.Infidelz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen. DeGroot View Post
People still play Mannpower?
It actually seems to be quicker to find a Mannpower game than it does standard casual.

There's also plenty of players on both teams.

This is after I've had multiple servers try to start with three people on one team and one on the other in standard casual.

Not sure why servers even try to start a match with less than ten people.

Mannpower still exists though.
Mr.Infidelz^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
A Dapper Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Infidelz^ View Post
It actually seems to be quicker to find a Mannpower game than it does standard casual.

This is after I've had multiple servers try to start with three people on one team and one on the other in standard casual.
Absolutely Barbaric
A Dapper Apple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #5
GeneralKitsune

Quote:
Before you say "Why are you taking Mann Power seriously?" let me ask you this:

Who is taking MannPower more seriously? The person who wants to deathmatch with different combinations of powerups and unlocks, or the person who dedicates themselves to constantly finding the agility power up just to run seven laps around the map at almost completely untouchable speeds.

"It's a legit strategy."

Just because it's in the game doesn't make it an enjoyable strategy to face against.
For me, this combo is the most annoying thing in MannPower. It seems to be the thing all trolls go for to end maps quickly for everyone else.

Spy needs an agility penalty of some kind, similarly to the penalty Demoknights got with Knockout a while ago.
I'd say the fact that using Dead Ringer to save one self but still lose the power up is a reasonable enough downside to it. Unless they changed that of course. But trigger Dead Ringer will also drop power ups as well.

Quote:

Not sure why servers even try to start a match with less than ten people.

Mannpower still exists though.
I usually get into Casual matches in less then 30 seconds. I'm guessing it's a region thing though if people take longer to get into matches.

It's actually much faster for me then quickmatch has ever been.
GeneralKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #6
N01

I'm guessing the decent queue times are a result of most games of mannpower being half empty.

I remembered it existed a month back, didn't realize that people about capping with agility the same way people about capping hightower. I really don't get the problem, and in fact I'm pretty sure the super effectiveness of certain powerups to capture is part of the reason why you have to cap 7 times, the flag resets on a short timer, the dropped powerups only go to the enemy on death, and you spawn with ubercharge-so you can actually try to turn the game around on a team that gets better powerups for their classes and tries to steamroll. If someone can agile cap you, just walk in and out 7 times in a row... it was kind of a hopelessly onesided game anyways.

Personally, I like going battle medic with haste. and the blutsauger. That's a loadout that's actually fun to use against bad teams.
N01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #7
Thurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralKitsune View Post
I usually get into Casual matches in less then 30 seconds. I'm guessing it's a region thing though if people take longer to get into matches.

It's actually much faster for me then quickmatch has ever been.
Maps and current time are also important factors. No doubt you find matches a lot quicker when looking for popular maps during populated hours.
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #8
Mech_Chicken

Just use Natasha and troll agility users. It's also amazing for getting use out of accuracy. People accused me of hacking, then dissed my hats.
Mech_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:35 AM   #9
TailsTheeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Chicken View Post
Just use Natasha and troll agility users. It's also amazing for getting use out of accuracy. People accused me of hacking, then dissed my hats.
Scouts hate him, click to find out more!
TailsTheeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #10
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsTheeFox View Post
Scouts hate him, click to find out more!
Find out how this heavy main loses $2m every minute with this one simple trick!
MysticTheMeeM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #11
TailsTheeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticTheMeeM View Post
Find out how this heavy main loses $2m every minute with this one simple trick!
You won't last more than 3 minutes revved up with this game.
TailsTheeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #12
Aerowalk

Mannpower in 2017 LUL
Aerowalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2