Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #1501
Adradis

Bingo: Something like this, you make sure you wait for an official word to trickle down from the top, rather then making an off the cuff comment that may be wrong. Other thread, they were just shooting the breeze.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #1502
arose1980

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegis View Post
Actually, I think they're quite aware of the 1 EUR = 1 USD thing going on and EXACTLY because it is so important they are withholding on commenting until they got a certain answer/got their plan worked out. Not everyone in Valve is as aware of the Steam pricing decisions as those who are responsible.

They're watching, but they will remain quiet so as to not risk heat up the flames.

I know you want an answer and so do I, but their other posts have nothing to do with it.
YES! Finally somebody who displays common sense.
For those of you who are upset, do you want an official response that offers something substantive or do you want a "We will look into this" response? I say give it the time it deserves. If you cannot wait to purchase a game for a week then go buy it retail. Otherwise be patient. I believe that Valve deserves our patience for the product they have supplied us with over the years.

For those of you who are acting like 5 year old's who didn't get your way, well don't be surprised if your ranting and raving doesn't reward you with anything but being ignored.

Alan
Old 12-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #1503
faugusztin

arose1980, if you really think this will be solved in week, then you are overly optimistic... This won't be solved before end of year, and we all know why.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #1504
Pitel

http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.c...ews.php/10439/ Short article @ CS-Nation. It seems they are aware of the problem.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 AM   #1505
Trawn

I won't pay anymore valve's digital delivery those prices doesen't make any sense

Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #1506
Lucky_Fr4gg3r

I lost nearly all my respect for Valve after this stupid move.

Who on earth would buy something digitally if you can get it for the same price, of not cheaper, physically?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #1507
b4@

I thought about buying some games for my brother. Guess it's the local shop that get my money!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #1508
KeRupTion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
This is insane!!!

For Valve is more important the snow than this topic
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=772043
(yesterday posts from Valve employees)

Valve, Don't you think is more important euro/dollars conversion, VAT, etc, than speak about how many inches of snow for tomorrow?

Where is Valve when we REALLY NEED a official response?

I think Valve is ignoring us and there is no turn back about 1€/1$
Mike and Burton have nothing to do with pricing for steam games. Valve is not a single entity, it is a group of people. If you want help from a company, you have to ask the higher ups.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #1509
aoineko

So disappointed!

I'm so disappointed by this unfair conversion rate! I bought about 90% of my recent PC games through Steam but I will stop buying anything if the price still like that! VALVe was one of the few companies I had full trust... it's no longer the case. So disappointed.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:26 AM   #1510
dammskog

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegis View Post
Actually, I think they're quite aware of the 1 EUR = 1 USD thing going on and EXACTLY because it is so important they are withholding on commenting until they got a certain answer/got their plan worked out. Not everyone in Valve is as aware of the Steam pricing decisions as those who are responsible.

They're watching, but they will remain quiet so as to not risk heat up the flames.

I know you want an answer and so do I, but their other posts have nothing to do with it.
they were aware of it during the BETA, they ignored it and let it go live. they probably need extra cash for their christmas party...
they have been aware of this for way longer than 5 days. they just have ignored it and us.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #1511
impar

Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by damicatz View Post
Don't blame Valve for the high prices, blame the governments you elected that taxed everything to high hell thereby increasing the cost of everything.
Also, something tells me that the European Commission won't mind. Higher prices = more €€€ in tax revenues.
The issue is that the EU is an open market with no trade borders.
I can not be forbid to buy any product or service from any of the other EU countries.
That includes using the UK Steam store.
Thats what at stake here.

You are a citizen of the USA, right?
It would be the same as you, a citizen of State X, be forbid to buy products or services from any other State of the USA.
Get it now?

Also, I am not sure Steam returns the VAT collected to the Taxes Services of the various states of the EU.

Last edited by Better|Off|Dead: 12-22-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:33 AM   #1512
dammskog

Banned
to people who think this is a tax thing...
old prices: $ + VAT= X -> Y €
new prices: y € + more € = Z €

oh. and please read the front page of thread as well as 1€1US group before you think you know what this is all about
Old 12-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #1513
Mnemonic

First the crap about e.g. COD4 being 20$ more expensive in EU than in US, and now this...

Bye-bye Steam, I'm ashamed that I once told Gabe that I really liked the idea behind steam - NO MORE!

Last edited by Mnemonic: 12-22-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #1514
Mascot

This has probably been mentioned, but... 102 pages. So I'll add my .02 at the end where nobody is likely to notice it anyway. Just like whomever probably already said it on page 72 or something. :P

Norway is not a member of the EU. Our currency is not EUR. We do not have VAT on digital imports. Yet we still get the EUR pricing. Even if it includes EU VAT (which it shouldn't in Norway's case) it's *still* inflated.

Steam already struggled price-wise in competition with stores. Now they've effectively priced themselves out of the market for me. And I *hate* shopping in stores.

Edit: Whadday know, Norway was actually mentioned in the very first post. Shows how awake I am.

Last edited by Mascot: 12-22-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #1515
Oggy1985

as Valve "has plans to fix Euro problem", so do i have plans to buy more games from Steam <= just don't know why those plans are DATE RELATED when it comes to their realization

if prices doesn't return to what they were before (or lower) i doubt that "my plan" is ever going to be realized...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion