Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes

Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Zeathy

Other CINEMAX games on Steam?

Is there any chance that we will see other CINEMAX games on Steam? I was looking through some of the games that you have made and I would very much like to play them.

Particularly Daemonica and Necromania. Inquisitor and Legends of Daemonica also look like they will be fun when they are done.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
Well, Daemonica and Necromania are quite old now, the English version of Inquisitor could finally be released this year, but there is no telling if Steam guys will be interested in it, and development of Legends of Daemonica is currently on hold, since we want to finish Gyro13 first.

But since I'm not the one who negotiates deals with Valve, I don't know many details about our plans here on Steam.
kovi_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
0xDEADC0DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovi_cz View Post
Well, Daemonica and Necromania are quite old now, the English version of Inquisitor could finally be released this year, but there is no telling if Steam guys will be interested in it, and development of Legends of Daemonica is currently on hold, since we want to finish Gyro13 first.

But since I'm not the one who negotiates deals with Valve, I don't know many details about our plans here on Steam.

I'm writing just to say that after Numen I got Daemonica and I'm really glad I did, it's a great game and I'm loving it. I cannot wait for Legends now!

I'd love to try Inquisitor as well. Is Cinemax only the publisher or are you guys really making all those games at the same time?

I'd love to see Daemonica on steam, maybe you can add it as bonus content on Legends of Daemonica preorder?

Best luck with all your games! Numen and Daemonica made Cinemax one of my fav indie developers around.
0xDEADC0DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
We are really glad that you like our games, 0xDEADC0DE. As far as Legends of Daemonica is concerned, its development was put on hold some time ago, but that idea with the original Daemonica as a pre-order bonus is not bad at all. When Legends of Daemonica is done one day, I hope that I will still remember it.

As far as Inquisitor is concerned, we would like to release the English version by the end of this year. Maybe here on Steam, if Valve is interested in it.

Daemonica was done by RA Images - basically two guys who joined Cinemax after that and were the core of Numen, as well as Legends of Daemonica and Gyro13 that was/is being developed directly here at Cinemax. Inquisitor was made by the Wooden Dragon team, some of its members joined Cinemax during the development and Inquisitor was worked on then by both the remaining Wooden Dragon guys from their homes and Cinemax guys here.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
0xDEADC0DE

Hi Kovi, it's been long time since our little chat here and I see that Cinemax looks more interested in mobile and DSIware games nowadays, is Legends still on hiatus?
I also hope it to have the wonderful exploration elements Daemonica had, maybe an isometric camera like the first game could help in making the game look better and still use fewer assets
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
Hi 0xDEADC0DE. Since we are just a small team (even smaller than when we were working on Numen), iOS and DSiWare games are ideal for us now because we can create them with one programmer and one or two 2D artists. There are a few games that are finished and awaiting their release (Decathlon 2012, Commando: Steel Disaster) and also a few more that are currently being developed.

Legends of Daemonica is unfortunately still on hold since we don't have enough resources (read finances) to create it. Legends of Daemonica was supposed to be more of a classical 3D adventure without the original isometric camera but rather with static cameras switching automatically to show the main character best. With lots of dialogues and puzzle solving.

Remnants of the Numen team have finished the porting of Gyro13 to PC in the meantime and the PC version with much better HD graphics and some additional features should be released later this year. We will definitely try to get it to Steam.

And we are also focusing on the English version of our oldschool RPG Inquisitor whose Czech version was released in 2009 after ten years of development. Then we needed three years to prepare the English translation of all those thousands of pages of text and the game is almost ready now for the English beta that should start later this month with the release planned for this September.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
0xDEADC0DE

this is great news! Best luck for all of your projects. Of course the one I'm more interested in will be Inquisitor, but Commando seems a really nice Metal Slug clone and I'll surely check out Gyro13 once it lands on PC.
About the Inquisitor beta, as a Daemonica and Numen avid player, is there any chance to get in?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
We are glad that you are such an avid player of our games, 0xDEADC0DE, but even despite that there is no chance for you to play the beta at this moment. The beta is open only for those who pre-ordered the game in the past or signed up for it when we were offering this option. But it shouldn't take long for you to be able to play the game as well now.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes