Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2

Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
wubik3ns

Syncing issues with character animations during cutscenes?

Anybody having a problem like this?

During cutscenes only, character animations become out of sync and characters will do stuff like walk through objects (walls, doors, etc) and whenever a character is holding an object (weapon, drink, etc) the object won't actually be in their hand, but will float in mid-air near their hand instead.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
IdolNinja

I've heard of it, but only from a small handful of people. I worked with all of them trying to find similarities in hardware and/or software, but there was no common thread that led to a root cause. Sorry, but there is no known fix at this time.
IdolNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
wubik3ns

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdolNinja View Post
I've heard of it, but only from a small handful of people. I worked with all of them trying to find similarities in hardware and/or software, but there was no common thread that led to a root cause. Sorry, but there is no known fix at this time.
Ah okay, that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know though.

It's the last major problem that I'm having with the game that I can't seem to fix. I used to crash every 20-30 minutes, but running the game in windowed mode fixed that. Using your powertools program fixed the W7 speed bug. Now all that's left is this animation syncing issue during cutscenes, which seems to be kind of random. This one cutscene that I was watching started to go out of sync, so I restarted the game and loaded up FRAPS to record the problem, but when I tried to re-watch it, it didn't go out of sync like last time.

Fullscreen or windowed mode, powertools or no powertools, running the game on low grahical settings or high graphical settings, SLI on or off, etc... the bug always occurs randomly. Reinstalling the game or my drivers does nothing. I've even tried reinstalling my OS, but no luck. Like you said, it's completely unpredictable with no commonality.
wubik3ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Baragwin

I think I found the solution for the problem.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=130490789

use this guide, but instead of GTA San Andreas apply everything to Saints Row 2. I'm guessing that the game ran to good, so the cutscenes went out of sync. When I limited it to 30 fps, they returned to normal.
Baragwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2