Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2

Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #301
IdolNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorghan View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is there an option to install the mod, but to let the CD locations stay at their original places?
Yes, it's one of the options in the Misc submenu.
IdolNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #302
Thorghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdolNinja View Post
Yes, it's one of the options in the Misc submenu.
Sorry for this maybe noob question.
Can I use the "p-option" to create the "standard GotR" mod and then on a second run I change the CD location option?
Thorghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #303
IdolNinja

Quote:
Sorry for this maybe noob question.
Can I use the "p-option" to create the "standard GotR" mod and then on a second run I change the CD location option?
Absolutely. You can build new GotR patches with different options all the time using the same save and playthrough if you want. Everything is interchangeable and should work just fine. Experiment. Have fun. Try stuff out. Remove things you don't like. etc.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #304
Thorghan

Many thanks. Worked as supposed to.

Just one more question. Can I ever switch back to vanilla SR2 without losing to much stuff like stats?
Like I described a couple of posts ago, I can't load any of my newest savegames without the mod.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #305
IdolNinja

Quote:
Many thanks. Worked as supposed to.

Just one more question. Can I ever switch back to vanilla SR2 without losing to much stuff like stats?
Like I described a couple of posts ago, I can't load any of my newest savegames without the mod.
If you wanted to revert back to vanilla, you would simply need to verify integrity on Steam and it will replace the modded patch and preload files. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use any of your GotR modded saves in vanilla since there are references in them to things that simply don't exist like the new cribs, weapons, etc.

Saves are always forward compatible, just not backward compatible.

Your stats are tracked in your profile.dat, which should be okay if you restore vanilla. This file tends to be buggy though and often needs to be deleted and have the game recreate it to prevent crashing.

Last edited by IdolNinja: 08-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #306
Thorghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdolNinja View Post
If you wanted to revert back to vanilla, you would simply need to verify integrity on Steam and it will replace the modded patch and preload files. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use any of your GotR modded saves in vanilla since there are references in them to things that simply don't exist like the new cribs, weapons, etc.

Saves are always forward compatible, just not backward compatible.

Your stats are tracked in your profile.dat, which should be okay if you restore vanilla. This file tends to be buggy though and often needs to be deleted and have the game recreate it to prevent crashing.
Ok, thanks for your help.
Now I just have to remember to install GotR again, if I play SR2 at any time again.
Keep up the good work.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #307
hotsauna

Just posting back, I will be checking on the issues outlined in my earlier message, seeing if I can reproduce them. I simply haven't had time since my last post but I'll make sure to post back once I've figured out whether it was just a corrupt save or the exact patch config that causes the bugs I was having.
hotsauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #308
cossayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
Noob Question here>

I got Saints Row 2 in the THQ pack, so im still pretty new to it and the modding community. This mod pack seems really awesome and im tempted to download it - but will I have to start the game again? and will my friend have to also get it so we can still play co-op?

Thanks
Don't know about the coop part, since I'm not interested in that kind of interaction, but it's not necessary to start a new game.

The mod simply adds additional stuff, textures and tweaks, modular and optional. I'm only running certain parts of it and have a try on different features off and on. It never once messed with one of my saves.
cossayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #309
Wasp20

how can I remove the skateboard animation only?
ty
Wasp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #310
IdolNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp20 View Post
how can I remove the skateboard animation only?
ty
That is an optional mod that you manually selected in the animation menu. GotR saves all your previous choices, so simply go back into that menu and turn it off then build a new patch.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #311
ShadowStealer7

Why are all characters naked in the multiplayer lobby?
ShadowStealer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #312
IdolNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStealer7 View Post
Why are all characters naked in the multiplayer lobby?
The mod is only designed for coop and single player. With all the weapon and clothing changes it breaks multi.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #313
lordfrikk

If I want the basic path just with 360 onscreen prompts, will selecting the prompts install the basic patch as well or does that happen only if you don't make any selection/changes?
lordfrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #314
kidakaze

Could you add a mod that extends/freezes the timer on missions? I've been stuck on the Samedi Shopping Maul mission for months because the crappy steering makes it impossible to get there before the time expires
kidakaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2