Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
ripcord47

rant

Im being forced out of this game due to being placed in servers with non English speaking people. why am i lumped into servers with Russians every game?
whats the point of having a setting that allows me to set the max ping of servers i can join if everyone else has 100+ ping what bright spark thought of that system?
and the map vote in casual should be removed, if there is a map rotation it should be played not just the same 2 maps voted for over and over.

why is there a vote kick in competitive, every in cs who dies tries to kick the last last player alive because he couldn't kill the whole other team.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
AlmightyCasual

The language barrier with Russian players is the biggest issue. They don't speak any English, we don't speak any Russian.

And it's indeniable they are culturally different too, which is something that can never be overcome by something as trivial as a video game. Aggression and pride are very strong motifs, I think. I could be wrong.

In Casual modes, the maps should be played in sequence 100%. This would benefit everyone, as map knowledge would be slowly gained by every new player. We've all been in MM when one of our team has declared they 'have never played this map'.

Sadly votekick has to stay, because there is no other manageable way to deal with the inevitable mentally-ill people that enjoy ruining other peoples fun for their own amusement.
AlmightyCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
MechanimaL

i dont understand the problem, use public lobbies so you can, if you will, be together only with ppl of your language.
MechanimaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
kinderjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanimaL View Post
i dont understand the problem, use public lobbies so you can, if you will, be together only with ppl of your language.
You can try using public lobbies, but it will take you a lot of time to get in a game. A lot of people just sit in lobbies waiting for friends, or eating and not realising they don't have the proper lobby settings. If you want to get in a match you mostly have to solo queue or have your own team.
I mostly have time to play during late nights, and basically solo queue all the time. I still get kicked from a lot of games for the sole reason (I'm guessing) of speaking English, or no Russian. As a matter of fact I have just been kicked and it didn't help that I was 2nd and winning 13/6, with no info whatsoever from my Russ comrades. One starts the vote, the others think, oh, he's done what we needed, bam I'm kicked. The only joy I get out of this is to see they have lost. Funny how a solo player is placed at the mercy of 4 other players who in my case from south England, are Russians.
So this problem gets unfortunately the same attention from valve as the cheating issue. None. But hey, we have a forum where you can share your story and people will come and on your troubles with their vast knowledge of the game.
kinderjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderjoker View Post
I still get kicked from a lot of games for the sole reason (I'm guessing) of speaking English, or no Russian.
Your attitude here tells a lot why you get kicked frequently.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Bynirn

I would queue with at least 3 friends so you have a chance of winning if your teammates don't speak the same language.
Bynirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive