Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #526
seigen

Bioware is a subsidiary of EA, wth are you guys talking about?
seigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #527
BeRazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigen View Post
Bioware is a subsidiary of EA, wth are you guys talking about?
Bioware was ours long before being a "subsidiary of EA" that's what we are talking about.
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #528
athelasloraiel

Im not buyin it if its not on steam.
Ill "borrow" from a friend instead.

Steam rocks.
athelasloraiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #529
jorre22225

As long as there won't be a Steam version about ME3, Bioware can forget my money. How can you put ME1 and 2 on Steam and then rip it off just because of a DLC question... The internet online shopping has come to the point it becomes ridicilous.

Thanks BioWare to spoil the fun, no matter how good ME3 could be.
jorre22225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #530
JokeeGA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorre22225 View Post
As long as there won't be a Steam version about ME3, Bioware can forget my money. How can you put ME1 and 2 on Steam and then rip it off just because of a DLC question... The internet online shopping has come to the point it becomes ridicilous.

Thanks BioWare to spoil the fun, no matter how good ME3 could be.
Its not BW, its Electronic Arts. Developer has little say in things these days. That said, they should have never jumped to bed with a edup publisher like EA. Just look at SWTOR. Promised to be a great game. Then EA rushed it to service and it just sucks. Now this whole Origin bullcrap. Tell you what. Im gonna make a $60 money order, send it to BioWare with my name and a note that says "Payment for Mass Effect 3" or something of the sort, and then I will go and get the game from alternate sources...like... you know... EAs Bull Free Razor 1911 version (or any other firm really)
JokeeGA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #531
ParadoxSalem

Jokee, fair and friendly warning. Steam forums have zero tolerance for discussion of piracy. I'd go back up to that other post of yours and remove the reference to the group named after sharp things and that alternate acquisition method you used.
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #532
Jgamer

according to the Character Import Tutorial you can still import your steam saves into origin

at least thats something

but since they are allowing ppl to use steam saves

they should just make it so that ppl can register the game with steam or something
Jgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #533
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgamer View Post
according to the Character Import Tutorial you can still import your steam saves into origin

at least thats something

but since they are allowing ppl to use steam saves

they should just make it so that ppl can register the game with steam or something
Saves are the same regardless of where you might have bought your copy of the game. This is true for about 99.9% of all Steam games. I fail to see why EA should provide a completely different service just because Mass Effect 2 saves are the same across the board.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #534
BeRazer

Funny about the saves is, there were news of EA support telling people saves from steam would not work on origin, sure this was incompetence from EA support. But game released and surprise! there are problems with save imports.

About EA games on Steam I think this has some interest.

Last edited by BeRazer: 03-10-2012 at 07:35 AM.
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #535
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRazer View Post
Funny about the saves is, there were news of EA support telling people saves from steam would not work on origin, sure this was incompetence from EA support. But game released and surprise! there are problems with save imports.

So, the steam saves can't be imported into Origin Me3?
poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #536
ParadoxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo View Post
So, the steam saves can't be imported into Origin Me3?
They can, but unless you altered your Shep's appearance at the beginning of ME2, the appearance won't carry over.
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #537
MickeyMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRazer View Post

Oh, this is why everyone is buying ME here. Valve's boss succeed you all to buy ME here didnt he.

I still think its their plans didnt mix, why didn Steam just change their policy in first place. Im not sure about Valve's plans yet I suppose it could've something to do with hardware, maybe mobiles. Origin is marketing tool, datamine so they can tailor even better games for their fans, you know those "small" things what they dig out of you. EA/Origin sold their soul to make games, Valve didnt yet.
MickeyMoses is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series