Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Toxxel

Working game(w7 64bit)

Though I do not have the steam install, I have the original two Cd's. After about a two days of searching I found a way to get the game working on my system running windows 7 64 bit. I'm not quite sure how the files are distributed for the steam install but I'll shed some light on my workaround. The game can be installed without using the 16 bit installer which is unsupported by 64bit systems by following the below and copying these files from your install/cd's

CD1/CD2

File structer

-Main folder(Jedi Knight)

Controls(Folder)
Episode(Folder)
player(Folder)
Resource(Folder)
ddraw.dll(downloaded file for 3D acc fix http://www.jkhub.net/project/get.php?id=1804)
JK.EXE
SMACKW32.DLL

-Controls(might be able to skip adding files but should add folder)

CH F-16 COMBAT STICK.CTL
CH FLIGHTSTICK PRO OPTIMIZED WITH KEYBOARD.CTL
CH FLIGHTSTICK PRO.CTL
FP GAMING ASSASSIN 3D WITH JOYSTICK.CTL
GRAVIS GAMEPAD PRO.CTL
LOGITECH CYBERMAN 2.CTL
LOGITECH WINGMAN WARRIOR.CTL
MS SIDEWINDER 3D PRO.CTL
MS SIDEWINDER GAME PAD.CTL
MS SIDEWINDER PRECISION PRO OR FF.CTL
SPACETEC SPACEORB 360.CTL
THRUSTMASTER FCS OPTIMIZED WITH KEYBOARD.CTL
THRUSTMASTER FCS.CTL

-Episode

JK1.GOB
JK1CTF.GOB
JK1.MP.GOB

-player(Folder Only)

-Resource
VIDEO(Folder)
JK_.CD
Res1hi.gob
Res2.gob

-VIDEO(Inside Resource Folder)
01-02A.SMK
03-04A.SMK
06A.SMK
08-10A.SMK
12A.SMK
16A.SMK
18-19A.SMK
21A.SMK
23A.SMK
25A.SMK
27A.SMK
33-34A.SMK
36A.SMK
38A.SMK
39A.SMK
41-42A.SMK
41DA.SMK
41DSA.SMK
44A.SMK
46A.SMK
48A.SMK
50A.SMK
52-53A.SMK
54A.SMK
57A.SMK

Create a shortcut of JK.EXE on your desktop or anywhere else, Add -displayconfig -windowgui to the Target area. Should read something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\JK.EXE" -displayconfig -windowgui or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common\Jedi Knight\JK.EXE" -displayconfig -windowgui for steam users(shortcut change in steam client). Set the shortcut and/or original JK.EXE compatibility to run Windows XP SP3 or lower.

The game will run in windowed mode, had graphic glitches fullscreen. But setting your screen resolution in graphics area, does support widescreen high resolutions (ran 1680x1050). Ingame seems to run fullscreen if not almost prefect windowed mode, using - and = to adjust the render area of the screen to fill. In graphic options I enabled 3D acceleration and only had to tweak the controls a bit and now runs nearly flawless.

Though I do have the cd's I get ingame music only if the cd is inserted, it's treated as a music cd, which might be a different story for music on the steam version if even included.

All this was done without any registry changes or keys at all.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Sweetz

This is not an issue for the Steam version of the game as Steam games don't have installers. Steam games essentially download directly in an "installed" state and the Steam client takes care of creating any registry entries or running any redistributables that the game's installer would normally handle.

So congrats on posting this info where it's almost completely out of context I guess.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Death_Masta187

it saved me 5 bucks
Death_Masta187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Axenet

Working game(w7 64bit)

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit and I can't get DF2:JK to install at all. I run the installer directly from the CD and the executable shows in the Task Manager for several seconds and then it's gone, and nothing ever happened. No errors, no messages, nothing.

I'm not sure if your post is describing installing or just running JK. If it's just about running JK once it's installed, then how in the world did you get JK installed?

Last edited by Axenet: 03-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
Fillyjobob12

Question well

i got myn installed and mysteries of the sith and they both look like ther gona work nicely but they go to a small windowed state and wont properly go full screne and i need help
Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
isisvera90

blerg just downloaded and it just bombs out after the first missions openeing movie anyone got this thing working steam install on a win 7 64 bit any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
NOFpuXnk

Toxxel

READ OLDER POSTS.

the new patch has been out for AGES
www.jkhub.net added much more to it too. it includes adjoin and thing limit patchs.

join the community that never stopped playing at irc.gamesurge.net #jediknight

Last edited by NOFpuXnk: 09-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.
NOFpuXnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
SiksSickStick

Necroposting time.

Thanks for this guide. Everything runs, but I want to know if it's possible to change the ingame Field of View (whether by console or config text edit.)

Like any old game that isn't -natively- compatible with widescreen, there is a 75-degree lock that cuts off half the weapon Viewmodel and makes the game appear "zoomed" and it's disturbing to the eyes. I'd like a 90-degree FOV, though if it's not possible that's fine.

On top of that, the HUD also does NOT scale to the resolution. Can I increase the HUD size as well?
SiksSickStick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II