Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
critbot

Animations running way too fast (gun sway etc)

So the game actually looked like it was playing fine. However soon as i walk the gun sway animation is going like 100 times faster than it should be and its just far too distracting and i was hoping to experience this classic as close to how it should be as possible. The game itself doesn't seem to be running too quickly (if anything it seems the enemys fall a bit slowly but it could be my imagination) just the gun/hand animations. My pc is windows 7 x64, has an i3 2100 processor and gtx 550 graphics card. Did anyone run into this problem and find a fix? Anyone help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by critbot: 07-16-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
critbot

Sorry for double post, just had a random development. Out of nowhere the game seemed to run at the normal speed under the same settings it didn't previously, unfortunately it lasted all of 1 minute 30 before the game froze and made a horrible buzzing noise, couldnt close it down and had to shut it off by the power button. This game is lucky its worth the effort, i do hope it pays off i love this game :P.

Last post on this topic. Sorry i cannot be of more help but i only saw one person with the same problem as me. I unfortunately cannot pinpoint a fix for the speed issue, i honestly started it under the same settings it run too fast on previously and its fine all of a sudden. The random crashing seems to have been fixed by the 3d acceleration fix of http://www.jkhub.net/. I haven't progressed far but it certainly got me much further through the level without crashing after adding the dll. Sorry again for the wasted thread i just thought would conclude what happened in case anyone ran into similer problems.

Last edited by critbot: 07-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.
critbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
DracoCW

If anyone else has this problem, I have found a solution (at least for me). If the weapons sway is to fast and shooting and changing your weapons seems to be glitchy, just force vsync in your video adapter drivers in Windows for JK.exe. This way you limit the fps and the gun sway etc. should no longer be to fast/glitchy.
DracoCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
MrRip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoCW View Post
If anyone else has this problem, I have found a solution (at least for me). If the weapons sway is to fast and shooting and changing your weapons seems to be glitchy, just force vsync in your video adapter drivers in Windows for JK.exe. This way you limit the fps and the gun sway etc. should no longer be to fast/glitchy.
This just worked for me. Thank you very much.
MrRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
nillabomb

I have this problem as well. I start the program in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode. I tried the vsync via nvidia control panel (I have a gtx 285 card) but it didn't make a difference
nillabomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II