Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > UFO Extraterrestials Gold

Old 02-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
TheSkeeve

Game unable to progress in the story?

I'm currently in Oct of 2109 and I can't seem to make any progress with the story. I've started building the Centarous but I'm still missing 8 parts of the ship. The last weapon upgrade I've researched was the particle rifles and commanders can no longer be researched. I believe I still need to get stasis grenades before finishing all the weapon researches. I have all the HWP vehicles. I had all the bases built, but recently gave Pulsar back to the Aliens just to try and get more ships to fight.

My problem is that there's nothing new to research at all, and I can't figure out how to build the rest of Centarious. Capturing commanders don't show up on research for me either, and I capture every single one I see. I believe the last research I finished was the Vampire Engine.

I've beaten the original XCom, TFTD, and Apoc, so this is kinda grinding on my nerves that I'm so far in this game and can't progress anymore. Anyone know what's going on or have any tips?

Last edited by TheSkeeve: 02-20-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
owl208

You have to go to the manufacturing screen and build the components to Centaurus in a workshop, similar to how you would build armor, weapons or improved interceptors. Once you've built all the components to Centaurus, a Centaurus button appears on your Geoscape view (trust me-you can't miss it) and when you press it you leave Esperanza and begin a series of missions which bring on the end of the game. As you build each component, the Centaurus screen will show you what you have built and what you still need. Its pretty straightforward. Be sure to equip the 10 soldiers well before you leave because even though you have a lab on Centaurus, there isn't a workshop to make ammo clips, etc., so you are limited in these missions to the equipment your soliders carry, which makes for some tough choices like shields vs clips, etc.

Last edited by owl208: 02-25-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
TheSkeeve

Thanks for the reply, but that's not the issue. I don't have the option to build any other parts of the Centarious. By this point, I've pretty much given up and uninstalled the game. I did copy my save file before uninstalling, if I ever want to go back. I think my game could've been glitched too.
TheSkeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
Pastshelfdate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeeve View Post
Thanks for the reply, but that's not the issue. I don't have the option to build any other parts of the Centarious. By this point, I've pretty much given up and uninstalled the game. I did copy my save file before uninstalling, if I ever want to go back. I think my game could've been glitched too.
I think we have nearly the same problem. I don't recall researching a "Vampire Engine," but I've only been able to build the Landing and Access Platform [?], Living Quarters, the Laboratory, and the Distribution modules for Centaurus. The rest say I have to research them, yet there are no subjects at all in the research page. I can't select something that's not there.

And yes, I've captured several alien leaders, Phantoms, Preachers and Vipons, yet they don't appear on the research page.

I still love playing the game, but eventually my soldiers will max out on experience, and then what?

I've emailed Chaos Concept about this, but I guess they're too busy, working on the next game, which is fine. I just hope my email helps them with debugging, and making the research tree more robust. I suspect I researched some topic(s) too soon. That's a problem with X-Com: Terror from the Deep, as I recall.
Pastshelfdate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > UFO Extraterrestials Gold