Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #151
Jela'n

I had a giant drop from the sky outside Whiterun gates.Maybe this giant missed it's mark and survived the fall into Breezehome and you now have a free-loader.What fun.
Jela'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #152
McDave

That sounds plausible Jela'n. I have seen a giant levitate during battle to the point I had to switch to a bow to bring him down. Not to mention those wild mammoth blimps. They've got quite the act going on.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #153
Falcon444

I don't have a column for building materials at the anvil, just the 14 columns for weapons and armor. Which means for now I have a foundation only. The unofficial patches for Dawnguard and Hearthfire are on my data list now. I had to resubscribe to the Skyrim patch. I am still waiting for the Skyrim patch to show up. How long do I have to wait? The giant in Breezehome and the unbound dremora that was in the library at the College of Winterhold are gone. I saw a markfordelete command and that worked. The unbound dremora I think was summoned by someone at the college when a dragon showed up and never went away.
Falcon444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #154
McDave

You've got so many bugs going on I would suggest starting over.

First, go to your Steam Library, right-click on the Skyrim game, select Properties, then the Local Files tab, then Verify Game Cache.

(you can stop here and see if it solved all your problems, but I seriously doubt it did. If not, continue...)

Once that has finished, go to your Windows Documents folder/My Documents/My Games/Skyrim and move the following three files and folder to another folder or Desktop for safe keeping. The game will make new ones upon restart.
Skyrim.ini
SkyrimPrefs.ini
and the whole Save folder

Now start the Skyrim Launcher, set your display options again at the prompt, then let the mods load and/or download. Once they've finished, go to your Data Files and disable all mods except Hearthfire, Dawnguard, The HDtexpack DLCs (if you have them), and the three Unofficial patches.

Now start the game and don't add any more mods until you have made your way to Riverwood again. Make plenty of Saves along the way. Stay away from the Lakeside Manor area until you reach Level 9 and the courier brings you the message from the Jarl of Falkreath.

Be very careful about adding mods and when you do, only add a couple at a time and play for a day or so before adding more. At the first hint of a crash, freeze-up, bug, disable the offending mod(s) and go back to a save before the problems started. Then reread the first post in this thread if the bug was Hearthfire related and see if any of the Bugfixes match your particular problem.

I know this sounds drastic and you probably don't want to lose all your progress, but the truth is you will probably have to do this every time Skyrim comes out with a new patch. I did all the above when v1.8 came out and have had zero issues since then. I didn't do this with my previous character and it was buggy as all get out, even with virtually all the same mods I have now.

Good luck!

PS If you play Steam games on only one computer, go ahead and turn off the Steam Cloud backup. It may be mucking things up.

Last edited by McDave: 11-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #155
Lauraliye

Hm, I guess I'm fortunate in that I never had any problems with Lakeshore Manor. However I'm trying to find out about the Breezehome bug, where you don't actually get the kiddie conversion after buying it from Proventus. Thought that Unofficial hearthfire patch had fixed that. Does it only work with creating a new character, cause this character is new, created from beginning, with only official DLCs an unofficial patches installed.

I don't have any of the mods listed as conficts, except UFO, and I have the fix mod for it, though that doesn't seem to work with regular followers, only the housecarls.

Also, the top food barrel outside the alchemy room appears when you buy the alchemy package, even though in CK it's labeled as part of the decorate dining room package. Bug in vanilla game?

These aren't huge deals for me personally, as I rarely use Breezehome, and I have my family established at Lakeshore Manor. I only want to fix my Breezehome mod for Hearthfire, for my subbers who requested it.

Thanks for any info anyone can give.
Lauraliye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #156
cldfreak10

Every SINGLE post I see regarding CTD's and Hearthfire, it's with mods. Mods mods mods. Isn't there any help where the people who choose to play vanilla experience crashes?

I'm completely and totally vanilla, and I run the game on a good solid Medium. I have Dawnguard and Hearthfire installed, and my game seems to be crashing when it loads in my "bedroom" at Lakeshore Manor. I have the home completely built up. I've tried all the workarounds I know to try (incl. changing sound to Studio Quality, reverting all graphics to Low, taking out all workbenches in the home, etc.)....NOTHING.

Now, I did do something that could potentially "mess up" the game...for a couple of things to save me hours of grinding for, I enabled the console and just added the item. I know this has the potential to bug the game out, and I understand that, but I didn't do any outrageous amounts or spawn any quest items that you aren't supposed to have more than 1 of, etc., it was just to save a couple of hours' time.

Any help would be more than appreciated. I'm not willing to delete my save though, I have too many hours invested in the game (lv. 42 stealth marksman, beaten Dawnguard and became vampire lord, etc).

Anyone got anything for me?

EDIT: For what it's worth, my game rarely, if ever, has CTD'd...maybe once or twice randomly, but never this bad of a problem where I couldn't load the game. I also don't encounter any Breezehome glitches (I have a lot of items between my Breezehome, my manor in Riften, and other places that I'm currently pooling together to take to Lakeshore Manor); seems as if Lakeshore Manor is the only one. I also have a steward (Aela The Huntress), a bard, and two children.
cldfreak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #157
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraliye View Post
Hm, I guess I'm fortunate in that I never had any problems with Lakeshore Manor. However I'm trying to find out about the Breezehome bug, where you don't actually get the kiddie conversion after buying it from Proventus. Thought that Unofficial hearthfire patch had fixed that. Does it only work with creating a new character, cause this character is new, created from beginning, with only official DLCs an unofficial patches installed.

snip
Sorry Lauraliye, I haven't purchased Breezehome since my first playthrough, and I doubt I'll ever adopt. Anybody else have any ideas?

Last edited by McDave: 11-23-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #158
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldfreak10 View Post
Every SINGLE post I see regarding CTD's and Hearthfire, it's with mods. Mods mods mods. Isn't there any help where the people who choose to play vanilla experience crashes?

I'm completely and totally vanilla, and I run the game on a good solid Medium. I have Dawnguard and Hearthfire installed, and my game seems to be crashing when it loads in my "bedroom" at Lakeshore Manor. I have the home completely built up. I've tried all the workarounds I know to try (incl. changing sound to Studio Quality, reverting all graphics to Low, taking out all workbenches in the home, etc.)....NOTHING.

snip
All I can suggest is you verify your cache files like I described in post #154, and install the Unofficial Patches if you haven't done so already. Even then you may still have to disable Hearthfire, restart and make a Save, then shut down and re-enable Hearthfire and rebuild the homes to fix it.

Last edited by McDave: 11-23-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #159
2fuf

Hi, I had problems getting the deco in Proudspire Manor to work and couldn't get the wife to move in or adopt children after building the children's room.

I did a lot of testing and analyzing with another player over at Reddit and I think I may have narrowed the problem down to having the Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers mod active at the time I bought PM.

Here's a link to the thread with all the steps that we considered: http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...please/c75mps0

I did also have my loading order messed up, so it may be that instead of the mod itself causing the problem in the first place.
2fuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #160
McDave

Hmmm... since I have the Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers mod and had just purchased PM yesterday to recover one of those stones (that's going to be one expensive crown!), I figured I was the perfect candidate to test this out. Unfortunately my results were incomplete.

Note: I don't have a wife or kids to test that part of the bug.

Since I hadn't furnished the house yet, I bought the Living Room and checked it out. No Living Room upgrade and still had cobwebs and hay strewn about.

So I shut down without saving, disabled the SOBQM mod, restarted and bought all the rooms/furniture. Have a LR, Patio, ect. now, but still have cobwebs and hay.

Shutdown again without saving, restarted and waited 15+ days before purchasing everything. Same results as the last time.

Did you just disable the mod, or remove it completely? What am I missing here?

PS The same thing happened with my last character right after Hearthfire came out, only then I also qualified for a housecarl and she never showed up.

Last edited by McDave: 11-24-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #161
Breton Warrior

If its of any help Proudspire Manor did work perfectly with the Barenziah Quest Markers mod prior to Hearthfires, I've not purchased it again since. Additional Map Markers added in by the Creation Kit for the Barenziah Quest should not create a negative effect, Mods such as Coloured Map Markers obviouslly did because the Map itself was tweaked by Beth.

Hearthfires made changes in the house itself and the puchasing of interiors, I have the Mod but have never been in the situation to start that particular quest. Is the Marker for that particular Gem inside the Manor? if yes then that would explain why it may be causing a problem.

BTW there is a known glitch of the cobwebs staying in that downstairs room, assuming you mean the one down by the alchemy station. There is a code which unfortunatly I cannot recall right now that can be used to finish that bit, do a Google on it, I'm sure the answer will show up. If not I'll check through all my Mod backups and see if I still have a reference to it myself.

THIS: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Proudspire_Manor

section 10 has the prid command for fixing that room I believe that is what I may have used myself? The final section is also references to Hearthfires bugs which may be helpfull? Sorry its to late here to read through it all, hope its of some use. BW
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #162
McDave

Thanks BW. I've been reading up on it in the wiki too (it's early morning here, my eyes are finally fully open).

The cobwebs I'm referring to are at the main entrance. I just tried the fix again and I was wrong before. The living room is not getting remodeled (thus the cobwebs). So in other words, it's still not working for me (even after waiting a month).

And I agree, all was well with Proudspire Manor and the SOBQM mod before Hearthfire came out. I guess the best advice I could give at this point is to not install the SOBQM mod before purchasing and furnishing PM, but do install it before talking to Vex about the stones (otherwise it won't work). I hope I can remember all this with my next character.

Unless 2fuf can clue me in?

Edit: I just thought of something. I have the "Droppable" version of SOBQM. I wonder if it's leaving a script behind once disabling it?

Last edited by McDave: 11-24-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #163
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post

Edit: I just thought of something. I have the "Droppable" version of SOBQM. I wonder if it's leaving a script behind once disabling it?
That actually sounds very much like the possible problem.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #164
Falcon444

Well, McDave I "Bit the Bullet" or in this case the arrow and started a new game. See posts #153 and #154. You have to realize my character was level 81, I had done all the major quests and most of the secondary. All my skills were 100 with two still missing perks. I had over 900 hours into the game and over $1.4 million in gold and that didn't include the jewelry, gems, dragon bones, enchanted armor and weapons I had stored. I had a number of mods that didn't show up on the subscribed list. One was for the map and one for the inventory. In my new game the map is back the way it was originally. I am not sure about the inventory screen. My categories are across the top of the screen, I think originally they were down the left side, I can't remember. But I do have building material plus jewelry and misc when I visit an anvil, which I didn't have before. In my data list I only have Dawnquard, Hearthfire, and the unofficial patches for those two. The unofficial patch for Skyrim still doesn't show up on the list. I have my new character at lever 8 and just before I started this post I checked the local file cache. It still says there is a bad file and downloads a 752 byte file, it also did that when I first started the new game. So far in the new game I haven't encountered and problems. (crossed fingers).
Falcon444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #165
McDave

Oh... that hurts to have to start over that far along. My last char. bugged out at 67. But then I was starting to run out of things to do.

Don't worry about that single file wanting to dl every time you run verify. Others here report the same thing without a problem. Just ignore it.

Still don't know what to think about the USKP not showing up. Is it on Nexus or Workshop? Arthmoor... where are you?

Last edited by McDave: 11-24-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V