Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #181
Tallera257

Annnnd it gets worse. :P

I discovered a few days ago that not only are the Hearthfire player-built houses bugged for me (CTD on enter, as described a couple of posts up), but now the game also CTD's whenever I try to enter Hjerim for the Blood on the Ice quest. I haven't bought Breezehome, although I've seen that there is a known issue with the navmesh in that player house that is introduced by Hearthfire, and typically causes CTD's. Makes me wonder if that problem is happening to me in other houses???

Just got Dragonborn, and REALLY want to play this game, but this is seriously frustrating. I don't want to keep investing into a character with such serious bugs, only to find out 30 levels later that the only way to fix the bugs is to start a new character.
Tallera257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #182
Nikli

SEVERAL FIXES FOUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthmoor View Post
Unconfirmed report from someone in the UHFP comments that Werewolves of Skyrim has spawns that interfere with building the homes.
Some fixes I can confirm:

1. I can definitely confirm WEREWOLVES OF SKYRIM caused invisible building to occur for at least the house in Morthal
I unsubscribed and loaded a save before I started building and then the house could be seen

2. UFO speech lines:
Personal stewards can be designated initially by speech, but after this none of the speech lines for this role are seen (buy house materials, furnish etc)... even after new hearthfire UFO update installed
Found if you attack the follower and get them jarateed enough to leave you're service (but then sheath you're weapon to cease the fight) they will not leave but return to steward duties WITH ALL SPEECH OPTIONS!! WORKS EVERY TIME!!!!!

If you designate a new follower as a steward after letting a previous one go, you may have to kill the previous steward to enable the steward speech options to appear for the new one.

Sorry if I'm covering stuff already mentioned.
Hope that helps!!!
Nikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #183
Artticus

Thank you so much Nikli! WEREWOLVES OF SKYRIM was my issue with building my homes.
Artticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #184
jhallard

Lakeview Manor Steward is still a mess

I have done everything that is expected of me that has been recommended in this thread to resolve the problem with the Lakeview Manor Steward not responding appropriately and still I cannot get Lydia to purchase a Horse, a Carriage, cow, chicken or that stupid Bard. The only mod I haven’t deleted to see if that is the problem is SkyTest: Realistic animals…… I have deleted UFO and Lakeview Manor Extended as well.

Is there possibly a console command to spawn these purchases without the Steward? I'd really like to play the game not troubleshoot Skyrim's glitches!?! Thank you.
jhallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #185
Rjoande

Unique Region Names

I experienced the same problem trying to build Windstad Manor (but I think It would be the same with the other homes).
The mod "Unique Region Names" v.5 (and its translations) may conflict with Hearthfire. Paradoxally, version 3 should fix this problem.
Link to the mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15125/?
Rjoande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #186
McDave

"Version 5 is NOT compatible with Hearthfire and may cause problems with Open Cities and other mods. Version 3 is completely safe to use in this regard, but has problems where the wrong name is shown in certain places (such as Riverwood)."

How odd that he would knowingly release a mod that breaks HF (and other mods). Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. OP updated.

Last edited by McDave: 11-09-2013 at 05:08 AM.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #187
Brutis_Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikli View Post
Some fixes I can confirm:

1. I can definitely confirm WEREWOLVES OF SKYRIM caused invisible building to occur for at least the house in Morthal
I unsubscribed and loaded a save before I started building and then the house could be seen

2. UFO speech lines:
Personal stewards can be designated initially by speech, but after this none of the speech lines for this role are seen (buy house materials, furnish etc)... even after new hearthfire UFO update installed
Found if you attack the follower and get them jarateed enough to leave you're service (but then sheath you're weapon to cease the fight) they will not leave but return to steward duties WITH ALL SPEECH OPTIONS!! WORKS EVERY TIME!!!!!

If you designate a new follower as a steward after letting a previous one go, you may have to kill the previous steward to enable the steward speech options to appear for the new one.

Sorry if I'm covering stuff already mentioned.
Hope that helps!!!
Yup, that did it for me
Brutis_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #188
Neo_Player

Can't build the house in Heljarchen Hall. I "build" the sections in the workbench, but the house is either invisible or isn't even constructed.

I've recently got all the DLC. I haven't played since before Dawnguard came out, and only had the official HQ texture, SkyUI and the Stones Quest Markers in my old saves.

I've removed everything and did a clean install and loaded my old save file with 200 hours. Installed the following mods:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
ClimatesOfTamriel
Unofficial High Resolution Patch
Auto Unequip Ammo
SkyUI
Run For Your Lives
When Vampires Attack
Skyrim Unadoption Mod
BarenziahQuestMarkers
JiubQuestMarkers

Did all the Dawnguard quests and Dragonborn as well built the Lakeview Manor and Windstad Manor. Tried with a save prior to build the Heljarchen house without any mods selected, checked cached, used BOSS and TES5Edit to clean the official files, nothing worked. I've also never used any mods known to bug out Heljarchen Hall. Any help?

Last edited by Neo_Player: 01-05-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Neo_Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #189
McDave

I'm in the same boat as you Neo. I've been able to build Heljarchen Hall with previous characters, but not this time with the same basic set of mods used previously. The only ones we have in common are the Unofficial patches and SkyUI. I'm guessing something changed with one or the other (most likely SkyUI).

Sorry I can't offer more help, but this level 87 character has been mostly trouble free and I really don't want to risk mucking it up by making changes now.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #190
dalethfc

Well,, reading what is supposed to affect where and whats fixed, I am still not finding and answer.
Windstad does not show and you cant even start to build the extensions.
I have 3 characters with 3 stages of the buildable houses Windstad is THE ONLY one with the issue, NO there are no mods that change the area there and I don't have these wildlife stuff. The Only DLC I don't have just yet is dawnguard.(Soon to have it though)

So hhheeelllpppp please.
dalethfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #191
PixeL*HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalethfc View Post
Well,, reading what is supposed to affect where and whats fixed, I am still not finding and answer.
Windstad does not show and you cant even start to build the extensions.
I have 3 characters with 3 stages of the buildable houses Windstad is THE ONLY one with the issue, NO there are no mods that change the area there and I don't have these wildlife stuff. The Only DLC I don't have just yet is dawnguard.(Soon to have it though)

So hhheeelllpppp please.
are you using unofficial hearthfire patch ?? post your mods list specially load order of mods first
PixeL*HD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V