Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #16
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmac View Post
You've never got to level 10 (or thereabouts)? My god man, I thought I was an altaholic but that's ridiculous.
Nah I've been to level 28 or so a good few times probably 20?, I just never seemed to collect a lot of gold? Others on much higher levels have mentioned having ample spare change, so I'm waiting till I hit 30+ to actually waste money on Breezehome as I just use it anymore. Not 100% sure on why you thought level 10? but not to worry.

Lakeview Manor actually cost's quite a bit of Gold, with the land then all the materials (or you get the steward to do it) which is lump sum money.

I keep adding Mods that make enough difference that it really need's starting fresh, plus DLC's and Patches always get a New Start as far as I'm concerned. I also play my own version of Dead is Dead which basically means you Die you start again. I'm not so stringent on the 'rules' there are for D is D but for me a couple of stupids deaths and its back to the start.

It adds a touch more interest, no just charging in and sod the fact you might die, besides with the hours I've clocked on this game I should know how to not get myself killed. Plus even with not finishing many of the bigger quest lines and I have covered pretty much most of the Skyrim Map and a very many of the smaller quests that you tend to find as tou wander.

PS: So level 10 was a bit off, but if you think I re-start to often you should check out Jela'n, she makes me look like a long distance player by comparison, He He

Sorry Jela'n just funnin, I think we are about the same on this one, but I have stayed with the same 'style' for 'three' characters so I'm getting a bit worried. A pale skinned Redguard with long blonde hair (Apachii Hair) my daughters think he looks 'good' which is even more of a worry, usually they go 'Yuk' Hearthfires threw me out with Mods not working and Corrupt Saves, so I've almost got a valid reason this time around

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-10-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #17
Jela'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
PS: So level 10 was a bit off, but if you think I re-start to often you should check out Jela'n, she makes me look like a long distance player by comparison, He He

Sorry Jela'n just funnin, I think we are about the same on this one, but I have stayed with the same 'style' for 'three' characters so I'm getting a bit worried. A pale skinned Redguard with long blonde hair (Apachii Hair) my daughters think he looks 'good' which is even more of a worry, usually they go 'Yuk' Hearthfires threw me out with Mods not working and Corrupt Saves, so I've almost got a valid reason this time around
Lol..It's so true BW..It drive my husband crazy,he gets home from
work and ask's "how many restarts have you had today" He just doesnt
understand it. Latest character is now level 8 and going well (so far)

See you soon on the restart road.
Jela'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
Shadowblade001

Banned
Quote:
You've never got to level 10 (or thereabouts)? My god man, I thought I was an altaholic but that's ridiculous.
LOL! Bret is probably the most compulsive restarter and mod tester I have ever come across in 18 years of TES gaming.

But his games are always stable!

For as long as they last...

~
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #19
CaptainMazda

This is the issue I'm having with Hearthfire. When I first began building Windstad Manor, nothing was actually showing up. The house was invisible. Removing the conflicting mods made the house finally show up, but it's completely inaccessible. The door to the entryway is missing so you can't actually enter the house itself.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D...0-10_00005.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...0-10_00006.jpg

You can just walk around inside and go through walls like a ghost. The only way I can properly enter the house is to use noclip and find the balcony entrance at the top of the alchemist tower. Once inside, everything looks great.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_...0-10_00007.jpg

I can even exit the house through the proper door, but as soon as the game transitions back to Skyrim, the same problem persists. I don't have a save before I began construction and I've already tried disabling all mods. If anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Not really sure what else to do with this buggy piece of trash.
CaptainMazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #20
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMazda View Post
This is the issue I'm having with Hearthfire. When I first began building Windstad Manor, nothing was actually showing up. The house was invisible. Removing the conflicting mods made the house finally show up, but it's completely inaccessible. The door to the entryway is missing so you can't actually enter the house itself.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D...0-10_00005.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...0-10_00006.jpg

You can just walk around inside and go through walls like a ghost. The only way I can properly enter the house is to use noclip and find the balcony entrance at the top of the alchemist tower. Once inside, everything looks great.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_...0-10_00007.jpg

I can even exit the house through the proper door, but as soon as the game transitions back to Skyrim, the same problem persists. I don't have a save before I began construction and I've already tried disabling all mods. If anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Not really sure what else to do with this buggy piece of trash.
The only suggestion I have since you don't have a Save, is to make a Save now, shut down, uncheck the Hearthfire mod, start the game, make a Save, shut down, turn off the conflicting mods again (unless they've been patched), then re-enable Hearthfire (put it back up where it belongs on the Data list too) and fire up the game again. You will now need to start all over with acquiring the land, the steward, building homes, ect.

I know you're not supposed to do it this way, but that is essentially what I did, only a week had passed between the time I turned off Hearthfire and the time I turned it back on. If that didn't work you can always go back to your 1st new Save.

Last edited by McDave: 10-10-2012 at 04:15 AM.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #21
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade001 View Post
LOL! Bret is probably the most compulsive restarter and mod tester I have ever come across in 18 years of TES gaming.

But his games are always stable!

For as long as they last...

~
He He, I thank you for that dear sir, I think???

Actually I do get way beyond level 10 quite often, its level 25+ that starts to get hard. Yea I do over-check Mods, mainly because of the ones that mess up the start, Mods that work fine in game can screw the opening as you know. So if I want a Mod in my Load Order it 'Must' be proven as stable at the Start, how do I do that? Do a clean start, simple

Actually now Hearthfires has settled down and I've got rid of that odd 'Master Vampires' without 'Dawnguard On' corruption I'm almost 'happy' with what I have. The Mods all do the little changes and tweaks I want to see, nothing I've noticed recently really appeal to me. Plenty of 'Over the Top' Armours and Smart Textures, plus the usual 'Cast iron Bikinis'

I've got one little one to re-do (which does not need testing) and Hearthfires Lakeview Manor takes out my Riverwood Home which I never could get the 'Lore' right as to why it was there. It did work (just) but I never really liked it that much, the House was good, the reason it was there and empty, not so good.

So is the the final big push to 30+??? Probably Not, but you never know as this character does really feel good for me. Only died once just before level 10, I was backing off from a group of 5 Bandits when 'Bang' down I went??? Another group had come up behind me with a couple of Chiefs Oops, So not really a stupid death because of bad playing, just forgot to turn my rear view camera on

PS: But as you said, I do have a very stable game, CTD's are a rarity but do happen and I'm pretty confident that if I List a Load Order there are no conflicts in the Mods. When TES5Edit 'does' (I hope it does) get released I can check more thoroughly and confirm 100% what I have and where I have them in the List has no conflicts and/or make Patches to fix any minor variations so the List is rock solid.

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-10-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
Grimmac

Quote:
Not 100% sure on why you thought level 10? but not to worry.
I think I've bought Breezehome at level 10 (or so). It's only 5K. After about level 30 you really have far more gold than you can spend. It actually devalues everything.

I almost never buy skills so I don't have a lot to spend money on. I tend to collect homes.
Grimmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #23
CaptainMazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post
The only suggestion I have since you don't have a Save, is to make a Save now, shut down, uncheck the Hearthfire mod, start the game, make a Save, shut down, turn off the conflicting mods again (unless they've been patched), then re-enable Hearthfire (put it back up where it belongs on the Data list too) and fire up the game again. You will now need to start all over with acquiring the land, the steward, building homes, ect.

I know you're not supposed to do it this way, but that is essentially what I did, only a week had passed between the time I turned off Hearthfire and the time I turned it back on. If that didn't work you can always go back to your 1st new Save.
That worked perfectly. Cheers, mate.
CaptainMazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMazda View Post
That worked perfectly. Cheers, mate.
Excellent. Another happy customer.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
Breton Warrior

Quote:
I think I've bought Breezehome at level 10 (or so). It's only 5K. After about level 30 you really have far more gold than you can spend. It actually devalues everything.

I almost never buy skills so I don't have a lot to spend money on. I tend to collect homes.
I don't think I collect loot as much as I used to in the older games? I only take stuff that's worth carrying, Steel Armour is worth money but its heavy, so I have a basic if its worth more than 10 for 1 (Ten Gold to a One Weight Value) I take it.

Collecting Houses, He He, I prefer making them with the CK
Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
McDave

Quote:
I don't think I collect loot as much as I used to in the older games? I only take stuff that's worth carrying, Steel Armour is worth money but its heavy, so I have a basic if its worth more than 10 for 1 (Ten Gold to a One Weight Value) I take it.

And I add one mod home, Riverside Lodge, from the start and forget about the rest unless needed to become thane... that is until Hearthfire came along.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #27
Jela'n

Oh joy..After all that messing around with mods and such since Hearthfire was released, I finally managed to get into Breezehome with Hearthfire and all of the Unofficial patches enabled.

Not that I want Breezehome anyway, but it's a useful place to keep Lydia in cold storage.

Just thought I would share my happy moment with you all..
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #28
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jela'n View Post
Oh joy..After all that messing around with mods and such since Hearthfire was released, I finally managed to get into Breezehome with Hearthfire and all of the Unofficial patches enabled.

Not that I want Breezehome anyway, but it's a useful place to keep Lydia in cold storage.

Just thought I would share my happy moment with you all..
I put her to work. She's my new steward for Lakeview Manor.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #29
Jela'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post
I put her to work. She's my new steward for Lakeview Manor.
You have my sympathies.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #30
Grimmac

Quote:
Weirdly I only make houses for followers to lounge about in. The CK is a giant black hole of spare time. I mean that in a positive way. You can cheerfully fumble about for hours in there.
Grimmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V