Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 10-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
McDave

Is anyone else having problems with freeze-ups around Hearthfire's Windstad Manor, even with Realistic Animals and Predators v1.27b update? I've played for several days without the RA&P mod to be sure the freeze-ups had stopped, then they returned the minute I turned it back on. (no other wildlife or bird mods installed)

Last edited by McDave: 10-14-2012 at 05:05 PM.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Breton Warrior

I'm working on that one at the moment, got fed up with the Falkreath one, so I tried up there. Anyway no problems so far, I have dropped back a couple of saves to change who I have as the Steward, but now the House has been part built twice. I've Fast travelled in/out a few times to get the purchase of the Main Hall furnishing to complete (still only about 40%)

Obviouslly I've got the V1.27B and the latest Birds and Flocks, I can have a look to see if there are any obvious conflicts in there?

EDIT: O/K a brief look and the most obvious 'red' conflicts are actually caused by Dawnguard and Heartfires making changes in the same place? Windhelm Candlehearth Hall? (or Windhelm Location) is that the right name for the Hall? has a error on it, but that's because it is the only entry in that line I believe.

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 10-14-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #33
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
I'm working on that one at the moment, got fed up with the Falkreath one, so I tried up there. Anyway no problems so far, I have dropped back a couple of saves to change who I have as the Steward, but now the House has been part built twice. I've Fast travelled in/out a few times to get the purchase of the Main Hall furnishing to complete (still only about 40%)

Obviouslly I've got the V1.27B and the latest Birds and Flocks, I can have a look to see if there are any obvious conflicts in there?

EDIT: O/K a brief look and the most obvious 'red' conflicts are actually caused by Dawnguard and Heartfires making changes in the same place? Windhelm Candlehearth Hall? (or Windhelm Location) is that the right name for the Hall? has a error on it, but that's because it is the only entry in that line I believe.
The tavern in Windhelm IS Candlehearth Hall, but is nowhere near the Windstad Manor. WM is just a bit east of Solitude in the swamps. It is obtained through the Jarl in Marthal.

The one thing that is different about WM is one of the exterior options is a fish hatchery. It's installed location is just northwest of WM at the water's edge. I suspect RA&P has a spawning overlap with the fish hatchery since that is where I often freeze.

PS I've never enabled Dawnguard. Waiting for the next character.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
Breton Warrior

That is odd as I was fighting a Dragon out near the hatchery last night, my follower was actually stuck IN the hatchery at one point, He He.

Plus I did put fish in there via that little breeding box? at the end of the jetty. One of those Beth Roulette Situations maybe? but I've still got one wing to complete and a lot of Furnishings so I'll be in that area a lot for a while. I'll keep checking around the hatcherey and see if I can find the same spot?

Checking the world space entries which should give an indication of different 'things' in the same block, but nothing shows up that looks 'wrong' with Realistic Animals???
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #35
McDave

Yep, got it stocked with fish. I think I've got every variety in there... even was able to get some salmon roe that hatched.

The freeze usually happens just as I'm leaving the dock and heading back up towards the house.

Edit: I just remembered something. I had a vanilla wolf pack attack up by the house killing everything in sight. Anyway, right after that I turned RA&P back on again and one of the dead wolves turned into a dead red male wolf. So there's got to be an overlap in that cell with that mod.

Last edited by McDave: 10-14-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
Arthmoor

Noticed some talk about mannequin and duplicating stuff. Make sure you guys aren't using a mod that changes the mannequin script. Hearthifire included an update for that, but nobody yet knows why and it's not clear if the matching .psc file that showed up with Dawnguard's scripts are for the same thing.

Also in case it isn't known yet, TES5Edit is out for public beta.
Arthmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #37
Jela'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthmoor View Post
That should make BW very happy..
Jela'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #38
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthmoor View Post
Noticed some talk about mannequin and duplicating stuff. Make sure you guys aren't using a mod that changes the mannequin script. Hearthifire included an update for that, but nobody yet knows why and it's not clear if the matching .psc file that showed up with Dawnguard's scripts are for the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jela'n View Post
That should make BW very happy..
BW has already got it and has had lots of fun with it all ready, He He.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #39
Ilbolza

It is known what causes the CTD directly from the loading screen right after launching the game? I'm still experiencing this issue and i can't play skyrim at all with Hearthdfire active. Any info?
Ilbolza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #40
xybolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbolza View Post
It is known what causes the CTD directly from the loading screen right after launching the game? I'm still experiencing this issue and i can't play skyrim at all with Hearthdfire active. Any info?
it's best to check the first post of this thread and check if you have a mod which is listed up. If so, then it's best to uncheck it because these are conflicting mods with hearthfire.

If your mods doesn't exist in the list, then you have to investigate it yourself which mods ( if you have it ofc ) causes conflicts with hearthfire.

Oh yes, please also ensure that hearthfire is on the top of the data order list ( after Dawnguard if you have this too )
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #41
Ilbolza

I will check better when i'm home but even if i have some of the listed mods installed none of them should causes such a crash. I mean what kind of mod could make the game crash even in loading screen?
Has Bed. announced some kind of fix or patch for this crappy DLC?
Ilbolza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #42
McDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbolza View Post
I will check better when i'm home but even if i have some of the listed mods installed none of them should causes such a crash. I mean what kind of mod could make the game crash even in loading screen?
Has Bed. announced some kind of fix or patch for this crappy DLC?
The problem is with conflicting mods or load order, not the dlc itself.

Last edited by McDave: 10-15-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #43
McDave

Update to:
  • Real Wildlife Skyrim - Invisible home (not specified) Status: No response yet from Author. Note: If you uninstall this mod some of the animals may get stuck in their animations, plus you will be unable to recover items from them. A clean install may be required. See the Comments section of the mod for more info. (author still unresponsive)

A new one has been added to the list...

• ScenicCarriages CTD in Lakeview Manor area. Status: Author is aware of the issue and is working on the fix. Check the Comments at the Nexus version for current info.

Last edited by McDave: 10-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
Arthmoor

For completeness' sake, Open Cities Skyrim should be on the list of Breezehome crashes. Updating that to 0.9.4 will resolve it.
Arthmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #45
alnic22

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=97501644

This mod "Oakwood" causes CTD when approaching or fast travelling to Lakeview Manor for me.
alnic22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V