Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Penumbra series

Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
hellb0y123

Black Plague crashes after intro cutscene

IN Black Plague, after the cutscene explaining the events in Overture at the beginning, I'm stuck on a loading screen and have to ctrl+alt+del out Theres one of those 'black box' thingies too giving the crash report ...

Did anyone else have this problem and find a fix?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
SoullessDreamer

YES I FOUND A FIX! You need to go into the file in \Documents\Penumbra\Black Plague and open the settings.cfg file and edit what I have highlighted in bold and underlined (I'm sorry I don't know the file name that used to be there it was 2am when I finally got it fixed and playable, It had something to do with boat, I can remember that much. If you look in the Black Plague maps folder there is no map with the word boat in it...=-S)

<Game FirstStart="false" Subtitles="true" SimpleWeaponSwing="false" DisablePersonalNotes="false" AllowQuickSave="false" Flaems="true" ShowCrossHair="false" AskTutorial="false" SimpleSwingInOptions="false" Difficulty="1" CurrentUser="default" LanguageFile="english.lang" ShowPreMenu="true" ShowMenu="true" ShowIntro="true" />
<Controls MouseSensitivity="1.000000" InvertMouseY="false" ToggleCrouch="true" />
<Keys Forward_Type="Keyboard" Forward_Val="66" Backward_Type="Keyboard" Backward_Val="62" Left_Type="Keyboard" Left_Val="44" Right_Type="Keyboard" Right_Val="47" LeanLeft_Type="Keyboard" LeanLeft_Val="60" LeanRight_Type="Keyboard" LeanRight_Val="48" Run_Type="Keyboard" Run_Val="116" Jump_Type="Keyboard" Jump_Val="6" Crouch_Type="Keyboard" Crouch_Val="118" InteractMode_Type="Keyboard" InteractMode_Val="61" LookMode_Type="MouseButton" LookMode_Val="1" Holster_Type="Keyboard" Holster_Val="67" Rotate_Type="Keyboard" Rotate_Val="46" Examine_Type="MouseButton" Examine_Val="2" Interact_Type="MouseButton" Interact_Val="0" Inventory_Type="Keyboard" Inventory_Val="1" NoteBook_Type="Keyboard" NoteBook_Val="57" PersonalNotes_Type="Keyboard" PersonalNotes_Val="59" WheelUp_Type="MouseButton" WheelUp_Val="3" WheelDown_Type="MouseButton" WheelDown_Val="4" Flashlight_Type="Keyboard" Flashlight_Val="49" GlowStick_Type="Keyboard" GlowStick_Val="50" Escape_Type="Keyboard" Escape_Val="5" RightClick_Type="MouseButton" RightClick_Val="2" LeftClick_Type="MouseButton" LeftClick_Val="0" One_Type="Keyboard" One_Val="22" Two_Type="Keyboard" Two_Val="23" Three_Type="Keyboard" Three_Val="24" Four_Type="Keyboard" Four_Val="25" Five_Type="Keyboard" Five_Val="26" Six_Type="Keyboard" Six_Val="27" Seven_Type="Keyboard" Seven_Val="28" Eight_Type="Keyboard" Eight_Val="29" Nine_Type="Keyboard" Nine_Val="30" ResetGame_Type="Keyboard" ResetGame_Val="97" SaveGame_Type="Keyboard" SaveGame_Val="100" LoadGame_Type="Keyboard" LoadGame_Val="101" Screenshot_Type="Keyboard" Screenshot_Val="108" PrintLog_Type="Keyboard" PrintLog_Val="55" />
<Graphics NoiseFilter="true" Bloom="true" MotionBlur="true" MotionBlurAmount="0.300000" DepthOfField="true" Refractions="true" TextureSizeLevel="0" TextureFilter="0" TextureAnisotropy="16.000000" Gamma="1.000000" FSAA="4" PostEffects="true" ShaderQuality="3" LimitFPS="true" Shadows="0" />
<Debug ShowHealth="false" ShowSoundsPlaying="false" LogResources="false" />
<Sound Volume="1.000000" UseSoundHardware="true" UseEnvironmentalAudio="true" MaxSoundChannels="32" StreamUpdateFreq="10" UseThreading="true" MaxMonoChannelsHint="0" MaxStereoChannelsHint="0" LowLevelSoundLogging="false" />
<Screen Width="1920" Height="1080" FullScreen="true" Vsync="true" />
<Demo WebPageOnExit="http://www.penumbrablackplague.com/" />
<Map GlobalScript="global_script.hps" File="level01_cells.dae" StartPos="link01" />
<Physics PhysicsAccuracy="2" UpdatesPerSec="60.000000" />

I hope this helps everyone that has had this problem. I have not found many answers on this so I assume that this is not a problem everyone has.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
SoullessDreamer

I can't believe they blocked Flaems="true" so the word that is in harts is F-L-A-S-H-I-T-E-M-S

steam really? I mean really?!?
/facepalm

Anyway this is the line that you need to change to what I have here

<Map GlobalScript="global_script.hps" File="level01_cells.dae" StartPos="link01" />
Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Freeman45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessDreamer View Post
I can't believe they blocked Flaems="true" so the word that is in harts is F-L-A-S-H-I-T-E-M-S

steam really? I mean really?!?
/facepalm
lmao... i'm guessing because there is a "swear" word imbeded in the other word... F-L-A- S-H-I-T-E-M-S [COLOR="Red"]

We are all better off not reading that evil evil word, for the greater good of humanity.
Freeman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Sverd

Bump.

Mods, sticky this thread now.
Sverd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
EPic_FAil86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sverd View Post
Bump.

Mods, sticky this thread now.

I second this.

I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Thank you SoullessDreamer.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
TTangent

I had the exact same problem as in the OP and this fix worked for me. Thanks a ton, SoullessDreamer. How did you figure this out?
TTangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
enigma789

I'm glad this got bumped, I can finally play this game!

Anyone know why this problem arises in the first place?
enigma789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Penumbra series