Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old Today, 02:15 PM   #34291
B33 ENN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
Test results confirmed lymphoma and gave my dog 30-50 days left without treatment. They've got her on steroids and the vet thinks that'll give her a couple months, but full on chemotherapy could give her up to another year. I'd have to drive her to Seattle every week for chemo and it would likely cost thousands of dollars.

I've opted to treat her with the steroids for as long as possible and will have to put her down when she takes a turn for the worst. I'm pretty depressed.
Poor thing. I can't imagine what you're going through, mate, but I hope she doesn't suffer.
B33 ENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #34292
joeylawn

Sorry about your dog, AsheMan.
joeylawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #34293
marie pavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33 ENN View Post
Now I have to deal with stuff out of combinatorics just to do computing.
Never heard of it.

Are you sure it's really a thing?
Quote:
Oh look, the sky is clearing for the first time in days!
Here.
Quote:
I've opted to treat her with the steroids for as long as possible and will have to put her down when she takes a turn for the worst. I'm pretty depressed.
Well that's the s.
Labi Siffre.
marie pavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #34294
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
It's April 29 and there's a blizzard outside. It's not out of the question for April, but it sucks a bag of regardless.
I was in Denver one year in May and June and it put down about 4-5 inches in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel View Post
Our Public Libraries are pretty awesome.
Don't tell bluz he may burn it down cause books is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie pavie View Post
We was dum.

So I flunked math in 9th grade, like actually flunked. Later I'd get A's in two semesters of college algebra without the textbooks. Go figure.
I sucked at math in school. Used to think it was me but when I went in the military and started college in my spare time, I found out it was my lousy Jr and Sr High school teachers. They didn't know how to teach. I took two remedial classes to refresh me on what I had sorta learned in Jr & Sr high and got "A" in them. Then went on to make "A's" in the other college level math classes I took. Well at least until Calc 2 , LOL. Sure wish they had had the internet and great tut's online they have now back then.

Quote:
Test results confirmed lymphoma and gave my dog 30-50 days left without treatment. They've got her on steroids and the vet thinks that'll give her a couple months, but full on chemotherapy could give her up to another year. I'd have to drive her to Seattle every week for chemo and it would likely cost thousands of dollars.

Sorry to hear that . It sucks. I had to put down my last cat and it still bothers me. He came to me a skinny scrawny little kitten with no teeth some butt hole had tossed to the side of some road. Adopted him at PetSmart. He caught my attention by attacking the glass, LOL. We fed the little guy up and he packed on muscle as he grew into a beautiful near 15 lb solid muscle adult cat. Six years after I got him he began having and issue keeping food down and naturally began losing weight. Took him to the vet and they could find nothing wrong with him. No diseases, no cancer, nothing blocking his throat stomach or intestines, nothing. They had no clue what to do for him. He wasted away to about 8 lbs when I finally let him go. ironic he came to me a skin and bone kitten and died a skin and bone adult cat. Family wanted to end his suffering earlier but I couldn't let go for another month. Hardest thing I ever had to do was have him put down. I still miss him after 2 years and every Garfield cat I see reminds me of him.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #34295
NinjaEngineer

Quote:
Repeat after me. Maths is fun. Maths is fff...unn. Maths is fu.... dumb!
But maths IS fun!

Quote:
Oh look, the sky is clearing for the first time in days!

Too bad the sun is about to set.
But didn't the sun never set in the British Empire?
NinjaEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 PM   #34296
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Hardest thing I ever had to do was have him put down. I still miss him after 2 years and every Garfield cat I see reminds me of him.
I had my dog for 16 years, one day he was so much in pain, he couldn't even stand up anymore. Took him to the vet. The Vet suggested steroids, but told me that there wasn't anything to be done anymore and that we could only hope the injections could help him.

So i decided to have him put down, because... honestly i couldn't stomach the thought to string him along in pain just for my sake. I spend the time with him, until he had fallen asleep after the first injection. Its been over 10 years now and it still pains me.

Putting a beloved pet down is probably some of the hardest things you can decide.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #34297
Lethal_Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan451 View Post

Putting a beloved pet down is probably some of the hardest things you can decide.
Because they are no longer a pet, but a friend.
Lethal_Sting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #34298
Firestorm998

Had to go through that process several times. Apart from losing a human family member or friend, it's one of the worst things ever.
My last dog was only 8 when he developed total kidney shutdown. From healthy to gone in a fortnight. When I think back about all the dogs I've had now though, all I think about all the good times.
My current staffie is only 2 and a half but it's gone so fast since he was just a wee pup.
Firestorm998 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #34299
MADDOGGE

Quote:
I had my dog for 16 years, one day he was so much in pain, he couldn't even stand up anymore. Took him to the vet. The Vet suggested steroids, but told me that there wasn't anything to be done anymore and that we could only hope the injections could help him.

So i decided to have him put down, because... honestly i couldn't stomach the thought to string him along in pain just for my sake. I spend the time with him, until he had fallen asleep after the first injection. Its been over 10 years now and it still pains me.

Yeah I was being selfish not wanting to let him go. It was about his quality of life not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
Because they are no longer a pet, but a friend.
Oh heck yeah. They are family. You get to know them just as well as your kids and they act just like kids too, LOL.

I've never understood people that say they want a dog but then chain it to a tree or post in the back of the yard only interacting with it at feeding time if then. Though I never allowed any of my dogs to stay in the house when no one is home. In the beginning I did but expensive bad things happened. That's what a fenced yard, a nice dog house, a huge bowl of water in the shade and if it summer a small kiddie pool of water to cool off in are for. When I come home though, the dog comes inside and stays inside all night. Dogs are pack animals and don't like being alone all the time. In fact they are miserable.
Old Today, 05:33 PM   #34300
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Yeah I was being selfish not wanting to let him go. It was about his quality of life not me.
:/ i am sorry. Not really what i meant to imply. I know its not easy and i wouldn't hold it against anyone for not putting them down right then and there. I mean, in the case of your cat, i might have held onto as well... i mean they didn't know what was wrong with it, so i think i'd be more inclined to hope that maybe we'll find out what is wrong.

Its just my dog was 16 years old, which was already really old and he had some other age related issues. Its just that he had a long live and it seemed wrong to drag it out even further for something the doctor basically told me it wasn't ever going to be better.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #34301
MADDOGGE

Quote:
:/ i am sorry. Not really what i meant to imply. I know its not easy and i wouldn't hold it against anyone for not putting them down right then and there. I mean, in the case of your cat, i might have held onto as well... i mean they didn't know what was wrong with it, so i think i'd be more inclined to hope that maybe we'll find out what is wrong.

Its just my dog was 16 years old, which was already really old and he had some other age related issues. Its just that he had a long live and it seemed wrong to drag it out even further for something the doctor basically told me it wasn't ever going to be better.
Oh no need to apologize. I didn't take it that way. It was just a self realization after he was gone that I wasn't thinking what was best for Ringo at that time just about me, myself and I. What I wanted was more time with him and that was not what he needed. Totally selfish on my part. As Spock would say, love isn't logical.

Yeah 16 years is a very long time for a dog and to have good health for most all those year is a blessing.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Tags
bottom of the barrel