Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #31906
GirlPower23

The Marvel subreddit feels like it's turned into 24/7 MCU or Marvel Related movies subreddit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
I am really happy that I bought that Rammstein ticket in December
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #31907
Hamster Gutz

Just saw Logan....man that was a great movie! It's funny that they'd have the best x-men movie released after the worst one(Apocalypse, holy crap that was a flaming heap of poopsicles, I think I might have been mildly entertained like twice in that whole movie). It was very good, I think I need more superhero movies that are more grounded in reality in my life...along with Deadpool.
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #31908
supertzar

How about that. The new Power Rangers movie includes the first ever openly gay character in a superhero film, a lesbian to be exact. I'm not going to see that film, but good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
Just saw Logan....man that was a great movie! It's funny that they'd have the best x-men movie released after the worst one(Apocalypse, holy crap that was a flaming heap of poopsicles, I think I might have been mildly entertained like twice in that whole movie). It was very good, I think I need more superhero movies that are more grounded in reality in my life...along with Deadpool.
Aye, Logan was the bomb. The main DC and Marvel stuff is going to plow ahead on the same path most likely, though I have my hopes for some of them, but for now I'm glad we have Logan and Deadpool.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #31909
NinjaEngineer

Quote:
Doing it now. I want to stab some people the next time I play this game.

I had a good save before Lord Shaw, thank god, I also know which Lady it is and most of the stuff was looted already, except Lydia's room and the Gallery, so not a huge deal to repeat the mission from that point forward.

The guards yelled "Black Magic!" when I slowed down time and sleep darted him, but I think I'm good, cos they just walked away.
You don't really need to slow down time (and I'm not sure if it'll mess it up). Just take a good shot at him with the dart gun, and it's all good.
NinjaEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #31910
supertzar

David Rockefeller is dead at 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaEngineer View Post
You don't really need to slow down time (and I'm not sure if it'll mess it up). Just take a good shot at him with the dart gun, and it's all good.
I read something about that, used as a precaution, so that I have time to change back to pistol. Either way, mission stats gave me the clear. I finished it in no time.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #31911
Ishan451

Quote:
How about that. The new Power Rangers movie includes the first ever openly gay character in a superhero film, a lesbian to be exact. I'm not going to see that film, but good for them.
You mean aside from Iceman, Deadpool, Batgirl and Mystique... Or do we not count them because they are not having it tatoo'd across their forehead or because they are Bi-sexual?

Heck, Deadpool even had a pegging scene.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #31912
Lethal_Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan451 View Post
Heresy! You can't have your own opinion on the internet! You need to have it validated by the rest of us!
Yeah, especially here on TIAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
Just saw Logan....man that was a great movie!
Good to hear.

Hate the marketing though, they already have a pre-order for the BR...
Lethal_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #31913
supertzar

Quote:
You mean aside from Iceman, Deadpool, Batgirl and Mystique... Or do we not count them because they are not having it tatoo'd across their forehead or because they are Bi-sexual?

Heck, Deadpool even had a pegging scene.
You'll have to refresh my memory, cos the only thing I remember from these is the pegging scene, which is just a sexual practice. Are you referring to animated films, cos I haven't seen most of the TV and video stuff.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #31914
Ishan451

Quote:
You'll have to refresh my memory, cos the only thing I remember from these is the pegging scene, which is just a sexual practice. Are you referring to animated films, cos I haven't seen most of the TV and video stuff.
All 4 characters are at the very least Bisexual. Mystique and Iceman are full on gay. All four of them were on the big screen.

Seems like an awfully arbitrary measurement stick for the sake of clickbait, with Power Rangers.

I mean... it sounds like they only count if they take to the stage and proclaim "i am <insert sexual preference>" as if sexual preference was the only defining characteristic of a person.

Last edited by Ishan451: 03-20-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #31915
GirlPower23

Quote:
It sounds like it's basically a microscopic subplot. While it shouldn't be the only part of the character it deserves more than just bait from companies. It's like the LeFou thing in Beauty and the Beast. It's a small nod but nothing more. If it's the start of getting the point that movies will LGBT subplots that are as prominent as heterosexual subplots then that's good. I do doubt that Marvel or DC will entertain this sort of idea any time soon.

Quote:
Learn what openly gay means. No, it doesn't mean acting overly flamboyant and telling people they are gay every 10 minutes. A few more things. Iceman hasn't always been gay or even openly gay. Batgirl is bisexual? Which one? Cassandra? Babs? Stephanie? You only really got two about partially right and neither of them are even open about their sexuality in their movies.

Last edited by GirlPower23: 03-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #31916
bluz74

Quote:
"<insert sexual preference>" .
Uh, can we get to know each other a little better. At least buy me a drink first.
bluz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #31917
GirlPower23

Wikia going full stupid with their Anti-AdBlock crusade. Hopefully it's their downfall at this point.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #31918
supertzar

Quote:
All 4 characters are at the very least Bisexual. Mystique and Iceman are full on gay. All four of them were on the big screen.

Seems like an awfully arbitrary measurement stick for the sake of clickbait, with Power Rangers.

I mean... it sounds like they only count if they take to the stage and proclaim "i am <insert sexual preference>" as if sexual preference was the only defining characteristic of a person.
We're on different pages here. I'm not familiar with their comic book versions, so the films haven't done a good job in representing them accurately. I do recall some bi vibes from Deadpool and Mystique, but I attributed those for his sense of humor and her being a chameleon. There's a long history of subtlety in representing gay characters in films, due to official censorship and societal, so I wouldn't be surprised if stuff has gone over my head, but portraying openly gay characters doesn't require such reserve or to shove it in your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
It sounds like it's basically a microscopic subplot. While it shouldn't be the only part of the character it deserves more than just bait from companies. It's like the LeFou thing in Beauty and the Beast. It's a small nod but nothing more. If it's the start of getting the point that movies will LGBT subplots that are as prominent as heterosexual subplots than that's good. I do doubt that Marvel or DC will entertain this sort of idea any time soon.
I agree. I haven't seen the film, but it feels baity for sure. We'll get there.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #31919
B33 ENN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Scribe View Post
I'm a 9 and 3 driver.
Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie pavie View Post
Monday RAHR!!
Thanks, marie. I needed that. Always good to see a rooster that appreciates 70s fashion.
B33 ENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #31920
GirlPower23

Quote:
I do recall some bi vibes from Deadpool
Deadpool is not bisexual. He can be any sexuality, including none at any given moment. He can be gay one story, straight the next and whatever else the next. Deadpools mind is completely fractured and things about him like his sexuality, likes, and dislikes can change. It's basically an intentional design of his character since his creation. He can be a fairly diverse character when used properly.

Last edited by GirlPower23: 03-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Tags
bottom of the barrel