Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kane & Lynch series

Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
baloo32

Red face Steam Backup failure Kane & Lynch Dead Men

Anyone experienced the Steam Backup not creating correct files?

For K&L 2, I get the SID file with steambackup.exe, but for K&L it only ever creates a directory of .csd and .csm files (x10) plus a single sku.sis file - but no steambackup.exe or associated files, so can't see a way to store this on DVD9 to save a download on restore.

Have raised as support ticket, but interested if others have had same issue...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Zulfiqar

I don't have K&L, but I just bought K&L2 a couple of days ago and I notice I regularly have to verify cache integrity. About every other time I load the game it crashes out at the start and then when I verify the cache, it downloads something--maybe to do with synching files to Steam, I dunno. Anyway, when I reboot the game it automatically goes through a reinstall of pregame setup files. Then it runs OK. Minor inconvenience--just glad I didn't buy the game at full price with this start-up glitch.
Zulfiqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Zulfiqar

Well, the minor convenience has turned into a headache. Halfway into the game it crashes regularly on start and keeps requiring a rerunning of the set-up. After checking around, I find this game is a very bad port to PC. Too bad. It was fun as long I was able to get it running.
Zulfiqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Live2bcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfiqar View Post
Well, the minor convenience has turned into a headache. Halfway into the game it crashes regularly on start and keeps requiring a rerunning of the set-up. After checking around, I find this game is a very bad port to PC. Too bad. It was fun as long I was able to get it running.
Optimization and controls wise, the port isn't to bad... but the crashing does plague a lot of people. I only get the bug every 5 months or so... oddly enough lol. I have it on a CD though, so that may be the reason.

I would suggest a reinstall, especially if you were still having fun with the game.
Live2bcool is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kane & Lynch series