Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DogFighter > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
acarnegi

Smile Congratulations + some suggestions

HI Darkwater and Fellow Flyers!

I purchased DogFighter last night and I played it for a good two hours online and I must say it was alot of fun! I'm usually not too good with online games, but I found this one easy to jump into and start blasting away (and even getting kills). I did, however, have trouble finding servers to play on - I searched and only 2 showed up! The graphics are pleasing to the eye and I like the variety of maps.

For those of you wondering about controls, I couldn't use my Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but I found that the mouse and keyboard worked pretty well. In addition to joystick support, could the devs support other gamepads too like my Logitech? It would also be good if I could bind my own keyboard controls - in particular, I found the m,n keys (for rolls) hard to hit when I have my left hand on w,s,a,d keys and my right hand on the mouse.

Also, I tried to chat while in game (t button) and the little text box came up but I couldn't type anything. Anyone else experience this? Also, I kept wanting to hit the TAB button to check the score - rather than waiting to die and then seeing the score - could this be implemented? In addition, I found that in the selection screen to select the map and planes, I found my self wanting to press the left, right keys to scroll through maps and planes, rather than mouse clicking. Minor les, I know.

Anyways, I find DogFighter a fun little game and I am very impressed with the work that has gone into it and the way in which the developers are supporting it thus far in the Steam/Darkwater Forums. The general 'friendly' vibe I was getting from the forums was a major factor in me wanting purchase the game. It's good to see that many still care about what they do, and it renews my faith in the pc gaming community.

Cheers, keep up the good work, and see you in the air!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarnegi View Post
I'm usually not too good with online games, but I found this one easy to jump into and start blasting away (and even getting kills).
I agree. With several of the Darkwater staff here on the forums They hear what people are saying and are listening.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
gusone

How about making it you can press spawn with a xbox controller. Its a small thing but I die a lot so I have to lean forward and press spawn with the mouse. Great fun. Love. Can't wait for some better dtailed maps. Dirtbox is brilliant and as is canyon.
gusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
This functionality has been added as a request along with autospawning.
Will keep you posted.
mooTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
psychoph

Did any of this ever happen? I also have a logitech controller and only 4 buttons work on it by default. Can i make a profile now and it works?
psychoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
~Ramziel~

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoph View Post
Did any of this ever happen? I also have a logitech controller and only 4 buttons work on it by default. Can i make a profile now and it works?
Well, Xbox 360 controller works well, but I personally don't like how sticks behave.

@acarnegi, Andrew, is that you?
~Ramziel~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DogFighter > Suggestions / Ideas