Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arx Fatalis

Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
Maverick

How are we supposed to download this? I go to the website, and click "Download", but it says that it's still under maintenance.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
Maverick

Never mind, I joined the IRC and it seems one of the devs responded immediately. Thanks for the quick help!

The game is running silky smooth now! Perhaps now I can actually get into this game.

Last edited by Maverick: 09-17-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #18
HitDeity

Cool

Yeah, these guys are awesome. I've been loosely following the development stages of Dishonored for quite a while. It's been one of the few games that I've been interested in enough to even do that, or care. Even back before I found out that one of the old TTLG'ers was on the team, I was interested. I pre-ordered it and hope it's as good as I've dreamed it will be.

Can't wait to try out this Arx Fatalis. I've heard good things about it, but never got around to playing it for one reason or another. I think I even owned it at one time in the past, but it was a freebie then too, as part of one of Computer Gaming World's special edition game DVDs or something. Probably still have the thing on one of the dozen or so CD spindles I've got sitting around my computer desk area. Glad to see this Arx Libertatis thing, as I was not looking forward to the amount of work needed to get a game this old to work under modern OSes. Thanks, devs! Much appreciated.
HitDeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
Joan-Michele

It doesn't work, it appears that the world textures are missing when I installed it, and I start the game in a black void.
Joan-Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #20
dscharrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan-Michele View Post
It doesn't work, it appears that the world textures are missing when I installed it, and I start the game in a black void.
Can you please post the contents of arx.log located at:
  • XP: '%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Arx Libertatis'
  • Vista and up: '%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Arx Libertatis'
dscharrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #21
dscharrer

Hey all, we are still alive!

1.1: Fixes player movement issues, minimap scaling, and a bunch of crashes and other bugs. We also continued our work on restructuring the engine, to facilitate new features in the future. Further, there is an improved installer for the data files on *nix systems as well as minor graphics and sound tweaks. See the changelog for full details. While we haven't managed to include everything originally planned for 1.1, we felt it was high time for another release after nearly a year of development since 1.0.3. (announcement)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #22
dscharrer

Exclamation

Hey all, I messed up a merge for the 1.1 release

1.1.1: This release is a hotfix addressing a regression introcuded in 1.1, that caused map markers to not be saved correctly and then removed when such a save is loaded. We encourage all users of Arx Libertatis 1.1 to upgrade to 1.1.1 as soon as possible. (announcement)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #23
Jitterskull

I'm Russian user. Does AL fix the issue with the "authors" button instand crash?

EDIT: Just downloaded and tried to install. Ugh, it's was much, MUCH worse than I though... First of all, I can't update with it my current arx fatalis game on steam, but it created another folder with another arx fatalis launcher, which is BS for my view. Also, I take 32-bit version, since I'm XP (pro) user, but when I tried to install it, it got glitched\bugged on directX installization (says some error -15, I don't get it) and then it stop installing... Anyone know solution for that?

Last edited by Jitterskull: 09-13-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Jitterskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #24
dscharrer

Another one:

1.1.2: This is another small hotfix, this time to fix a crash when hovering over map markers after the window size or resolution has changed. (announcement)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arx Fatalis