Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
MalayAmok

Back to Counter-Strike, what a disappointment

Hello fellow CSGO players,

I have been playing Counter-Strike since version 1.1 and have spent literally thousands of hours of my life playing CS.
I had stopped for a few years and I'd been playing Overwatch for the past few months. I decided to come back to CS since OW seems so unbalanced and complex, with a toxic community to boot.
I started playing CSGO, learned the new maps and jumped into competitive and quickly made my way to Master Guardian II. It was very fun and I thought it was great that my good old friend CS had a proper competitive mode now.
Unfortunately, my fun stopped because lately I've been running into a cheater (if not several) in every single game I play. I regularly
see guys who have no clue whatsoever about positioning or movement in the game, but magically manage multiple full-auto headshots or shoot you through walls and smoke grenades before ever seeing you and even though you shift-moved to your position (and they keep tracking you perfectly when you move).
The game is unplayable, it's infested with cheaters and I'm going to be forced to stop because I don't have a team (or the time) to play in tournaments with anymore. It's sad because it really is the best team-based multiplayer FPS out there.
To the people who have been at CSGO longer than I have; was it always like this? Is there any hope of this being fixed?
Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
forrestparkay

Are you sure they're cheating? MG2 is basically exactly what you described - good aim, horrible game sense. And csgo is easier on the aim (greater bullet accuracy, more predictable recoil pattern...) than other versions of the game.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
kinderjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestparkay View Post
Are you sure they're cheating? MG2 is basically exactly what you described - good aim, horrible game sense. And csgo is easier on the aim (greater bullet accuracy, more predictable recoil pattern...) than other versions of the game.
First reply already the dumbest. What are you trying to avoid here? He already realised the biggest issue with the game and you try to defend it from him? Just because he is on mg2 (currently) doesn't mean he is oblivious to what's happening around him. Especially with rewatchable gameplay.

The sad reality is that what you are saying is completely true. It actually doesn't matter what rank you are on, you have a really good chance of running into cheaters every 2nd or 3rd game you play. Sometimes it's obvious sometimes it isn't. It hasn't always been like this, but funny enough I personally encounter cheaters more frequently since the implementation of Prime beta. I have this feeling that cheaters can buy bundles of this combo: steam+CSGOrank21+sim
You try playing a bit of casual and I promise you, you will start hating the idea of multiplayer experience. I would say that I am sorry to hear that this happens to you, but that would be valve's job. However if you are interested, you can buy the new cases (can't remember the name now) and get keys off steam for 2 quid and try to get some nice skins. I promise you, other than getting ripped off, you wont run into any other issues there.

Ps.: if you want to fight the cheaters together you can add me on steam
kinderjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
forrestparkay

Why are you being such an ?

The thing is, I NEVER see hackers. I use that chrome extension to check people from months ago and never see any. So just saying "they have good aim but terrible game sense" isn't very convincing.

You've played thousands of hours since 1.1 yet use shooting through smokes and walls as evidence of cheating. It really seemed from your post you don't really know how to recognize hacking when you see it.

Last edited by forrestparkay: 04-07-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
Yaspan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestparkay View Post
Why are you being such an ?

The thing is, I NEVER see hackers. I use that chrome extension to check people from months ago and never see any. So just saying "they have good aim but terrible game sense" isn't very convincing.

You've played thousands of hours since 1.1 yet use shooting through smokes and walls as evidence of cheating. It really seemed from your post you don't really know how to recognize hacking when you see it.
No need for either of you to result to name calling, just makes you look childish.

As for using VAC or OW bans as a metric to gauge how many cheaters there are is not reasonable at all. I can point you to hundreds of recent players banned on ESEA and FACEIT that have neither a VAC ban nor an OW ban and never will because the truth is most cheats now are too sophisticated for VAC to detect and OW only works for the most blatant cheaters.

I have given up on matchmaking for now because since the winter sale I have had cheaters either on my team or the opponents or both in nearly every single game that I have played (prime), with only a handful actually being banned.

Last edited by Yaspan: 04-07-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Yaspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaspan View Post
No need for either of you to result to name calling, just makes you look childish.
More or less childish than your lack of reading comprehension combined with hypocrisy?

Just kidding, I recognized the joke and appreciated the irony of your post.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #7
Yaspan

There was a dash of hypocrisy though as of late I am trying to be of a higher standard, my comprehension is just fine thank you.
Yaspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #8
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderjoker View Post
However if you are interested, you can buy the new cases (can't remember the name now) and get keys off steam for 2 quid and try to get some nice skins.
Weirdo
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
freakn1ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9ZhzqMCzs
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #10
forrestparkay

If I could do more than one overwatch every ten minutes maybe overwatch would be more effective. When I only have ten free minutes, doing a few overwatch cases would be great, but I fast forward through the first demo (spinbotter) and 30 seconds later I'm done and can't do another case even though I've got 9:30 of free time.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
perestain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaspan View Post
I have given up on matchmaking for now because since the winter sale I have had cheaters either on my team or the opponents or both in nearly every single game that I have played (prime), with only a handful actually being banned.
Thats's pretty much my experience, too. Wallhackers literally every game.

It's possible to adapt your playstyle to some degree to lowskill wallhackers, like playing hyper-aggressive, always strafing even behind cover, never camping, forcing long-range duels whenever possible where you can destroy them easily, baiting them out by turning your back or taking a grenade into your hand, etc. It's hilarious, but all that stuff actually works pretty consistently more often than not nowadays.

You'll win some and you'll still lose some that way. But lets be honest, it's not CS anymore that you're playing at this point. And its a complete waste of time if you actually try to improve and make tactically correct ingame decisions.

MM is dead.

It has been killed by people who for some reason think that someone will respect them because of their rank in a videogame that they cheated while wasting their time and everyone elses time in the process.

Last edited by perestain: 04-16-2017 at 07:23 PM.
perestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
ideanator

Since I've been using prime I very rarely run into cheaters anymore. The way I look at it is to consider how many random people you team up with, and how many of them cheat? If everybody was cheating so much then there should be a way higher rate of teammates cheating, but it seems everybody on my team is always complaining about somebody on the other team cheating. Specing my own teammates never reveals anything suspicious, so I've pretty much let the whole cheating thing rest and just play. I know I get lucky sprays through smoke or go on a head shot streak. It just happens...
ideanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 AM   #13
vandal33

Knowing the csgo community, it's pretty easy for someone to resort to cheating. People are willing to spends thousands of dollars on skins, it won't be a surprise if they spend on something that actually has an impact to the game - hacking.

There's plenty of reason to cheat: showing off their meaningless skill group, gain money for boosting, former legit players want to be equal to cheating enemies and there's even the sadistic kids who cheats solely for their amusement by making strangers online angry. Some of the people in my friend list (some of them are even real life friends) openly admit they were cheating.

I'm not saying I had cheaters in all of my games, I just can't say it because there's no way of telling (except the obvious ones) but I did found a lot of suspicious instances in most of the games. Whether they cheat or not, I just don't care anymore, I only play for fun.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #14
perestain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideanator View Post
Since I've been using prime I very rarely run into cheaters anymore. The way I look at it is to consider how many random people you team up with, and how many of them cheat? If everybody was cheating so much then there should be a way higher rate of teammates cheating, but it seems everybody on my team is always complaining about somebody on the other team cheating. Specing my own teammates never reveals anything suspicious, so I've pretty much let the whole cheating thing rest and just play. I know I get lucky sprays through smoke or go on a head shot streak. It just happens...

Well I have had lots of obvious wallhackers on my teams when I still solo queued. It's not about a single lucky situation, it's about a consistent pattern in decision making that is tactically incorrect play most of the time and doesn't make any sense unless the guy has information he really couldn't have. Other indicators are a drastic discrepance between movement and aiming fundamentals and awareness. And by awareness I explicitly do not mean awareness about round time, economical situation, but just awareness about where the next enemy might be.

It's possible that you won't notice things like that if you only play MM. You can get used to it and win some and lose some, but this has nothing to do with the game of CS imo. It's a BS-show.

And if you question the sheer amount of people who are actually willing to cheat...
I just remember back in CS Source, when ESL had a rather casual gather system with dedicated anticheat-software, yet still about 30% of all my games were cancelled afterwards because cheats were detected with some of the players. And that doesn't even include the people with undetected private cheats at that time. I was surprised at this, I really wouldn't have expected such a high percentage and didn't really notice while playing back then.

Compared to what you have in MM now it still felt like perfectly clean CS though.

Since I don't have the time and motivation anymore to play in a competitive league the only option for 5v5 is to get 9 other guys from my friendlist and play 10man on a private server. But MM is a complete joke nowadays.

Last edited by perestain: 04-17-2017 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #15
perestain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal33 View Post
Some of the people in my friend list (some of them are even real life friends) openly admit they were cheating.
I can't understand the tolerance that is brought towards these kind of individuals nowadays. I mean, people like that are just plain s. Like someone who goes to the local tennis court taking a dump on the court so others can't play properly anymore. (With the latter still being somewhat funny from a certain perspective). Its completely against any form of sportsmanship and delegitimizes the whole idea of esports.
I can completely sympathize with people like that getting beat up after getting caught on lan and I can't imagine being friends with someone who is dumb enough to think he gains something from betraying himself and stealing other peoples time.

Quote:
Whether they cheat or not, I just don't care anymore, I only play for fun.
I can understand where you're coming from, because it is what it is, but at the same time its that very mentality that puts the game of CS to its grave. If you accept casual cheating it's not a deep tactical game anymore but a random clicky clicky waste of time.
I'd be all for hardware bans and people getting sued, but if kids nowadays don't care anymore so be it I guess.

Last edited by perestain: 04-17-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive