Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SkyDrift

Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Azhrei

Stop leaving when the race is nearly finished!

I'm tired of seeing people wait until half way through the last lap to leave the match. I've had my last 4 races end early because people got mad I was about to win. If you're going to wait that long to leave, at least wait until the first place position crosses the finish line!

I don't care if you leave early, it's just extremely aggravating to go for a 5 lap race and on the 5th lap have people leave because the first place racer is so far ahead.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
inspiral66

This seems to happen more in SkyDrift than any other racing game I've played. I wonder... Are people leaving, or is the server dropping them? Or is it an aspect of the desyncing issue being discussed elsewhere on this forum?

Then again it could be that close races are not common and people get jarateed off too easily.

Two things could be done to improve the situation. We could have chat in the lobby. People that get o know each other, no matter how briefly, are more likely to respect other players and not drop out when they are losing. Also we need private racing.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Drewshua

I'm sorry, but this game's multiplayer seems pretty damned broken. The only weapon that is of any offensive use is the mines, which you have obviously noticed and lay them down in every single choke point in the map. Playing multi is just no fun, because the leader gets ahead and lays down mines. If this game any any other offensive abilities that would work (none currently work because multi does go out of sync all the time) Until then the multiplayer will suck. Also, why the hell is there no private match option? Not everybody wants to play with people who play this game all the time and are aces in the sky. I just wanted a multiplayer racing game that would be fun to play vs my friends, and it is not any fun when you throw in random people in the mix.

Just my cent's worth, I like this game, but it is not much fun as it is.
Drewshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
inspiral66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewshua View Post
I'm sorry, but this game's multiplayer seems pretty damned broken. The only weapon that is of any offensive use is the mines, which you have obviously noticed and lay them down in every single choke point in the map. Playing multi is just no fun, because the leader gets ahead and lays down mines. If this game any any other offensive abilities that would work (none currently work because multi does go out of sync all the time) Until then the multiplayer will suck. Also, why the hell is there no private match option? Not everybody wants to play with people who play this game all the time and are aces in the sky. I just wanted a multiplayer racing game that would be fun to play vs my friends, and it is not any fun when you throw in random people in the mix.

Just my cent's worth, I like this game, but it is not much fun as it is.
Sorry to say it, but this is how I feel too. I've not had a single close and exciting race online.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
NC37

You know the shockwave pretty much obliterates mines, missiles, anything. Theres even an achievement for doing it. Think that was the intent of it was to be both an offensive and defensive weapon. Or is it broken in MP. Enjoying single player too much to really care about loading MP.
NC37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
KujaLeonhart

I have found another MP problem.
You play MP and all is ok, but once Steam lost connection and you pull out from MP game. No internet connection problems or Steam downtime. The game cause lost connection of your Steam account.

It's become multiple times and I can say it's bug in MP code.
KujaLeonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
Appl250

Just started playing this game online and found only one person bail on me intentionally.

He was all good when he was winning and very quick to get ready. :/
Appl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
MoonshineFox

The multiplayer isn't broken game-mechanics wise. It's broken. Period. The matchmaking and the server stability is an utter joke. I have 90% of my games desync out on me. I've given up on this game completely. I've even spoken to the devs. They don't care. They're working on a fricking sequel and can't be arsed to fix this game. Think I'm gonna buy the sequel? Hell no.
MoonshineFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
Appl250

95% of the time there is no one on the MP side of the game so this game is pretty crap.
Appl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
lgm1979

Just came back to see if anything had changed and there was maybe an update coming, but I see it's still the same.

What a shame.
lgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
sabre3901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I'm tired of seeing people wait until half way through the last lap to leave the match. I've had my last 4 races end early because people got mad I was about to win. If you're going to wait that long to leave, at least wait until the first place position crosses the finish line!

I don't care if you leave early, it's just extremely aggravating to go for a 5 lap race and on the 5th lap have people leave because the first place racer is so far ahead.
This happens in all racing games. People get it through your heads !You can not win them all! Do not be a bad sport and rage quit just because you could not beat the lead player.
sabre3901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #12
SymphonicAlex

God, how much I hate quitters in the middle of a race!
SymphonicAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #13
Tapewormz

I love a good rage quitter.
Tapewormz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SkyDrift