Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile

Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Azariah

Broken Mobile chat?

Samsung Galaxy S3, android version 4.4.2

First, for a long time now, more than a year, the chat has refused to refresh automatically. I have to back out to the friend list then back into each individual chat just to see what/if any responces were given.

Today i noticed a new bug. When ever my friend (all so far that i've tested) type something i get the usual "..." and the chat jumps up to make room for that as it normally does.

But when my friend sends the message the chat keeps jumping, it'll move up to make room for the "..." then when that dissapears, it'll drop down again, only to jump back up again because the "..." keeps popping up and disappearing. This makes it damned near impossible to have a conversation.

I can deal with backing out to the friend list to force it to refresh messages (THough i honestly shouldn't have to, and have been dealing with this for more than a year by now.) But this new jumping chat is just stopping it from working properly...

I've uninstalled the app, re-installed the app, logged out logged in, cleared the cache, updated all the apps (in case there was a conflict with something else)

What else can i do? Has anyone else noticed this? if i can ever figure out how to take a video of the problem i will and i'll post it here.

Seriously... Why is it the chat on this app has never worked properly... :\
Old 04-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
Yoritech

I have the exact same problem, which makes the chat virtually unusable at this point. I really hope Steam fixes this soon.

The problem occurs on both my Lenovo Tab 2 and my Samsung Galaxy S4. The Steam app and the operating systems are both fully updated.

Last edited by Yoritech: 04-21-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Yoritech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:14 AM   #3
Thrashpipe

Red face Same here

+1 I have the same exact issue on my LG g3 and like you said it makes the chat portion of the app 98% useless. As well as having the issue with chat updating new messages sometimes and sometimes not, but now.... Omg lol Please fix this before it gives me a seizure.
Thrashpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #4
Thrashpipe

Thankyou steam for fixing the app for me, the recent update fixed the issue. 😁🎂
Thrashpipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile