Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
bRownies_21

Reset Cd Key

About 3 weeks ago i MAILED my cdkey card to Vavle because they told me to, to get my key reset. Point being its been 3 weeks and i still haven't gotten an email or anything.. should i reopen the ticket??

Old 11-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
TheMG

Volunteer Moderator
Mailed? Afaik they only ask for a scan or digital photo of the CD-key, not for you to actually physically mail it in.

Contact support again and see if they can do anything, but if you actually did mail it in and they weren't expecting it then there's a good chance it may be lost.
TheMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
bRownies_21

no i scaned it for them and everything then they said ok, and gave me steps to mail the actual thing tot hem with a 10 USD money order.!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
TheMG

Volunteer Moderator
And they said to mail the original in or just a printout of the scan/photo?

Seems strange that they would ask you to mail in the original, as then you are left with no proof of ownership. Plus stuff does get lost in the mail on occasion.

You have only one thing left to do: contact support and see if you can work it out with them. That's about all you can do.
TheMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Kwiki

Sounds like a Scam, Why would steam ask for money? < HAHA.
Kwiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
L.o.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bRownies_21 View Post
About 3 weeks ago i MAILED my cdkey card to Vavle because they told me to, to get my key reset. Point being its been 3 weeks and i still haven't gotten an email or anything.. should i reopen the ticket??
How did you contact them?

The FAQ for cd key resets makes no mention of mailing the card in, just scanning it nor do they ask for money now.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1673-IDGK-4694
L.o.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
bRownies_21

Its not a scam i can go on my account for steam tickets and i see my ticket which says him telling me the steps to get my key reset and to mail it in.... i was just wondering when will i be contacted its been 3 weeks.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Mangr0v3

I find after a couple of weeks of no reply, politely bumping the ticket helps.
Mangr0v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
bRownies_21

Still no word from Valve or steam, not even an email nor has my ticket been updates and its about 4 weeks Should i bump my ticket and ask whats going on?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
bRownies_21

I think steam scammed me

i have been reading up on resetting cd key tickets, and apparently you only need to send in a 10 USD money order if you have a cdkey which is OLD like the half life blue shift and original CS cd keys.

BUT

In my ticket I submitted the steam support guys told me to scan a photo of my key with my ticket written on it( Counter Strike Source), then after that he told me to mail in my CD KEY referance card (ORIGINAL CD KEY) with a 10 USD money order and a cdkey reset form, in order for my key to be reset. Its been a month and still no answer from anyone, and i don't think i am really suppose to be paying the 10 USD especially since the bank charged me 17$ so i basically paid for my 20$ game twice?

Can some one please clear this up for me!

EDIT: EXAMPLE, on my ticket the support guys told me this

Hello Dario,

You will have to go to EB Games and have them print you out a duplicate receipt for your purchase.

If you cannot do this, you will have to do the following:

Our records indicate that this CD Key is registered to another user's account - to ensure that you are the owner of the physical CD Key, we request that you mail the following materials to Steam:

1. The original printed CD Key - no copies, photos or scans of the CD Key will be accepted. Please send only the CD Key. Do not send the game box or game CDs

2. A copy of the CD Key Reset Form (https://support.steampowered.com/dow..._key_reset.pdf) completely filled out.

3. A photocopy of your receipt for the purchase of the game if the game was purchased within the last 90 days (please circle the game title on the photocopy if there are multiple items on the receipt).
If you do not have a copy of your receipt for the recent purchase of the game, please include a money order or bank cashier check made out to Valve Corporation for $10.00 USD (ten dollars in United States funds) to pay the CD Key reset service charge.

AND on the CDKEY reset form he linked me it only mentions the OLD games i stated before and says if i have a normal cdkey to take it up with support.steampowered.com :S

I wish i noticed this before i wasted my 17$ some one clear this up please

Last edited by bRownies_21: 11-16-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Please contact support about this as nobody on these forums can help you with account issues.

Erm, are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the thread where you were asking about buying CDKeys from an online shop and were told it wasn't legal?

Last edited by Silicon Vampire: 11-16-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Silicon Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
bRownies_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
Please contact support about this as nobody on these forums can help you with account issues.

Erm, are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the thread where you were asking about buying CDKeys from an online shop and were told it wasn't legal?
actually no it doesn't at all because i have the box and the actualy CDkey reference card which i had to mail to steam :P no i never used the site im too scared to loose the games i have!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
bRownies_21

Bump

They answered my ticket and they have not received my mail yet? its been a month and im in Canada is this normal or should i contact my local post office?

Last edited by bRownies_21: 11-16-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like you need to contact the post office and check on the M.O.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips