Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > STAR TREK D-A-C

Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
RedOctober45

Worth $10?

Is this game worth $10? It got horrible reviews on Gamespot for the xbox360...just wondering what you guys thought.

However, I do LOVE Star Trek soooooo....
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Drakkenfyre

I think so.

-Drakk )))
Old 11-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
Windswept-Scot

I beleive this is NOT quite the same game, as was released originally for the xbox360. as it has more content, (more ships, maps, modes, pick-ups, weapons etc etc...)

Personally ? It is worth it for the opening scene of the Enterprise NCC-1701 "warping" onto my PC screen, especially as it has the sound effect from the film, from the part where Sulu "warps" into Jupiters Rings !
Windswept-Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Drakkenfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober45 View Post
Is this game worth $10? It got horrible reviews on Gamespot for the xbox360...just wondering what you guys thought.

However, I do LOVE Star Trek soooooo....
Depends on the the reviews. If they are from the editors, they are wrong. If they were from players, they were really wrong.

-Drakk )))
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
mr. krab

Naked Sky Entertainment
Just a heads up that the 360 version will get a free update in the very near future that gives it all the new maps, ships, etc as seen in the PC version.
mr. krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Mordeth13

I enjoy this game very much. It's fast and furious (without cars and Vin Diesel). The only thing holding this game back right now is the number of people playing it. As the online games are sometimes sparse.

Overall I think it's a lot of fun and I made a video review which should help sales a bit and hopefully give me more people to play with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUVCqijbsPs

Oh and Mr. Krab. You guys need to do something about ingame communication. Some games someone has their mic on and it just creates static for the whole game (well it would if I didn't leave those games right away) and other than that there's no texting? So if someone's mic is on there's no way to tell them?
Mordeth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
Savoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordeth13 View Post
I enjoy this game very much. It's fast and furious (without cars and Vin Diesel). The only thing holding this game back right now is the number of people playing it. As the online games are sometimes sparse.

Overall I think it's a lot of fun and I made a video review which should help sales a bit and hopefully give me more people to play with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUVCqijbsPs

Oh and Mr. Krab. You guys need to do something about ingame communication. Some games someone has their mic on and it just creates static for the whole game (well it would if I didn't leave those games right away) and other than that there's no texting? So if someone's mic is on there's no way to tell them?
I agree with this. We need a way to communicate in game and the static is annoying. I like the game very much overall.
In fact if I'm reading it correctly it looks like I'm currently ranked number 1 in vs tdm. if I'm reading it correctly.
Savoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
mesa

Thumbs down In my opinion it's not worth 10$

It's pretty boring after a while. Only 2 races, pretty boring ships and it seems unbalanced...

I don't know, but everytime I play the game, the federation is the winner
The romulan fighter is not usable, because I cannot see the cross hair and the federation flagship feels like it's a bit stronger than the romulan.

long-term fun is not really given.
mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #9
Kitsunami

Its okay.

Play it, its fun for awhile. All i can say is that its definately unbalanced.

I would say im a fairly skilled player. In one game, with the same people, i was federation. Topped the scoreboard by a long shot, with my cruiser. So romulans needed a hand.

I switched over. The romulan flagship felt incredably weak in comparison! The cruiser was able to take more hits than i was, and fire faster...and the romulan pickups were very weak.

Cloak? Useless in this game. Holobomb? Never seen anyone hit by it...etc.

All in all, i love playing federation but it seems way too unbalanced.

I would dearly love to see a mod team pick this game up and make it into something brilliant. The graphics are nice, so if a mod team made it so we have 'real' fed ships in a battle that'd be epic.

On a sidenote, if the devs intend for this to get some long-life, add some DLC...

Heck, put in Wolf 359 as a co-op battle :P and give people a choice to play any of the fed ships that were present. Bet that'd get some awesome reviews
Kitsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
mr. krab

Naked Sky Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordeth13 View Post
Oh and Mr. Krab. You guys need to do something about ingame communication. Some games someone has their mic on and it just creates static for the whole game
Yes, there seems to be an issue with VOIP. We are working on the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa View Post
The romulan fighter is not usable, because I cannot see the cross hair and the federation flagship feels like it's a bit stronger than the romulan.
We are also working on a fix for the reticle issue. I can assure you the damage values for each side (fed vs rom) are exactly the same across all ship classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post
Its okay.

Cloak? Useless in this game.

All in all, i love playing federation but it seems way too unbalanced.
Have you tried staying in cloak w/ the Cruiser or Bomber and emerging out of the blue and ambushing someone? It can be really deadly.

I think we need to get a developer vs community game going. We'll play Romulan and show you the balance swings both ways
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Kitsunami

Perhaps...

Yes, i have. I unloacked with a charged missle, dented its shield. It turned around and one-hit killed me :]

I guess its just the feel. Everytime i try romulans they just feel weaker and i never seem to perform as well.

Last edited by Kitsunami: 11-16-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Kitsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
driscoll42

mr. krab I would love to fight in a developer vs. community game. I just started playing this today and it's awesome! We just need more people in it. The versus match I played in was just me vs. one other person and the co-op was a group of five. I would be great it it were advertised in the Star Trek DVDs/Blu-Rays. On a side note when I play on the computer can I play against Xbox users or not? I'm very new to online gaming, I've mainly done single player games/LAN parties.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the Multiplayer thread from earlier, too bad it's only same system.

Last edited by driscoll42: 11-16-2009 at 05:19 PM.
driscoll42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
mr. krab

Naked Sky Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by driscoll42 View Post
mr. krab I would love to fight in a developer vs. community game. I just started playing this today and it's awesome! We just need more people in it.
Thanks for the kind words. Agreed about wanting more people! Hopefully the word spreads and we can get more people playing.

Last edited by mr. krab: 11-16-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
driscoll42

You're very welcome mr. krab. I was wondering what sorts of marketing are being used to push ST.DAC (If there's a different acronym you use please let me know) now that it's on the PC. The most I've seen was a Steam update and it being on the front page of steampowered.com recently, but that's not going to last.
driscoll42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Cedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscoll42 View Post
I was wondering what sorts of marketing are being used to push ST.DAC (If there's a different acronym you use please let me know) now that it's on the PC. The most I've seen was a Steam update and it being on the front page of steampowered.com recently, but that's not going to last.
Not to speak for mr. krab, but one major piece of marketing for the game that I know of is a demo version of the game, which will be included as a bonus feature on the DVD release of the movie (which comes out tomorrow, the 17th). I'm not sure if the demo will be available elsewhere, but I'm sure that a lot of people who buy the DVD will be exposed to it that way.
Cedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > STAR TREK D-A-C