Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 10-02-2004, 05:21 AM   #151
Xecuter

(dont start flaming me if im wrong for this, or if its already been said :P)
is there a way to change dustbowl so that it switches att/def after each round, like on avanti.
I think i remember this happening on won, but i might just be dreaming ;P
Old 10-06-2004, 10:06 AM   #152
Koron

That never happened on WON.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:05 AM   #153
Inferno_str1ke

ooh, this thread has got me remembering my TFC days. Thinking back, the most annoying bug had to be the assault cannon sound bug. HWGuy was my first and probably best class, but I ended up prefrering soldiering becuase I wasnt always having to turn my sound off (and i learnt to rocket jump )

And as this is my first post on the forums, Ill say that its cool to have found they have a whole TFC bit, because that was such a good game when I played it, and I want to get back into it. Sadly at the moment, every server I try is too laggy (or steam cuts out), so until i get my ADSL, ill talk the talk, but only walk with alot of lag.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #154
trepid_jon

Re: The TFC Bug List - Fix Please

Name: Restored Goal Groups Break

Explanation: Some mappers probably know about this. If a group of info_tfgoals are removed, and then they get restored...they don't work until the player that restored them switches teams. That's basically how it works. Maybe it happens because of other things, but this is one way that I know it happens. This sucks for mappers that want to remove a group of goals, like uh...remove a group of packs from the enemy base *cough* skayoo_b1 *cough* *die*.

But we got around it in the soon-to-be-released skayoo_b2, by simply blocking the packs with enemy colored fades. This new way we're doing it is actually a lot better than just removing the packs. But the bug is still annoying, and we'd like it fixed. There were two other times in skayoo that we were removing groups of goals, but we took those acts of chaos out because we couldn't get around it. Well, we could have, but we're running low on available entities, so we have to watch what we add. Skayoo pushes the egine to its limits. Yay.

"I peed in your pool! Yayyyy!"
Old 10-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #155
trepid_jon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xecuter
(dont start flaming me if im wrong for this, or if its already been said :P)
is there a way to change dustbowl so that it switches att/def after each round, like on avanti.
I think i remember this happening on won, but i might just be dreaming ;P
Yes, server admins/mappers can do this. Although it would be a lot of entity changing, it could be done. Hmmm...maybe I'll do it. Lot of work, though.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #156
weasel@ladt.us

Quote:
Originally posted by trepid_jon
Yes, server admins/mappers can do this. Although it would be a lot of entity changing, it could be done. Hmmm...maybe I'll do it. Lot of work, though.
I wish when they added Avanti, they went back and made DustBowl work the same way.
weasel@ladt.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #157
trepid_jon

Quote:
Originally posted by weasel@ladt.us
I wish when they added Avanti, they went back and made DustBowl work the same way.
In my opinion, the timelimit and changing the map at the end makes it more intense. If you're on defense, you're ready for the time to be up before they score on the third one. Then on offense, the pressure is on when you're trying to get the last CP with only a few minutes left. I think that's one thing that makes dustbowl great fun.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:31 AM   #158
advocate

Exclamation wow

awesome 11 pages
that'll get valve off their butts hopefully. But I would assume that since HL2 is so close, that these inherrent bugs are going to be fixed in TFC source rather than in TFC regular. But you never know , valve actually might do something benevolent for the community
Old 10-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #159
gfreeman1

i would just like to say, the death bug jaratees me off the most. i can't count the number of times that it has happened to me during a match, causing an enemy to either kill me while im like "wtf, am i dead or not?" then making their way to the flag room. FIX THIS PLEASE!
Old 10-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #160
weasel@ladt.us

Thumbs down Rock2 Death

My personal "favorite" bug is the gas death on Rock2. Get in the water - dead anyway. Inside the gas chamber - dead anyway. Get a suit - dead anyway. Great stuff.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #161
Rikupsoni

Look like Valve sucks, they haven't updated TFC since first version, only ordinay Steam updates, what updated all games.

I won't buy HL2, because when HL3 comes, you won't update it!
.. :/
Rikupsoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #162
uBeRed

That is most lilely the worst reason not to buy HL2.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:49 PM   #163
Narbleh

So that's what's been going on with rock2 then? I noticed it before and thought it was just the server sucking. Makes that map SUCK to play.

Another bug I *always* get, is when you come out of the water trough outside on well, you'll almost always get stuck in the lip and have to duck crouch to get out of it. It's the same when coming out of the water on 2fort.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #164
weasel@ladt.us

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikupsoni
Look like Valve sucks, they haven't updated TFC since first version, only ordinay Steam updates, what updated all games.

I won't buy HL2, because when HL3 comes, you won't update it!
.. :/
I disagree with that. They have added some things over time (teleporters, a map here or there, etc.). I just think it's obvious that CS is Valve's new priority (after getting HL2 out) - not TF.

I will probably be buying HL2. I will definatley play CS:Source. I'm very disappointed to hear that HL2 will not have a deathmatch mode (at least initially anyway, I think there's a 3rd party group working on an HL2 mod to make the equivelant). I used to play HL TeamPlay all the time - even more so than TFC.

I don't expect TFC will go to Source - which is sad. It would be great for TFC mappers if it did (I have several maps in mind that I just can't do on the old HL engine). However, as player, I'd just like the bugs fixed in the existing version.

As far as TF2 - eh? I don't care if it ever comes out.

IMH(f)O anyway.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #165
nagolxela

I've seen this over the past month or so on Dustbowl.

Problem:Invisible Wall

When trying to conc/nade jump on cap #3 there sometimes is a "pause" right before the cap. This pause has lasted around 2-4 seconds, which is more than enough time to get killed. So, you nade jump fly right to the cap, stop in mid-air(just before the cap point) for the 2-4 seconds then continue. This has happened on multiple servers and to other people as well.

Problem:Flag disappears

Again multiple servers, multiple maps. After the flag is in your possession for an undertermined time, it will simply disappear (the flag icon will go away). No deaths are involved, flag was not accidently tossed, it just goes away. It cannot be located until it returns to it's original location.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic