Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #286
gufu

Here is an idea:Fix the scout! :P
gufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #287
fortressfiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straven007 View Post
Name: Invisible (missing?) cross hairs.

Explanation: The orange cross hairs for aiming the weapons are missing making it difficult to aim a weapon that does not have a laser sight. Cross hairs disappeared with out an error message; they just were not there when I started to play and have stayed missing on all servers.
an admin probaly typed "crosshair 0"

open console and type "crosshair 1"
Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #288
klob

About a month or two ago, one day i went to open tfc and it told me to "Please wait while Steam verifies game files." It has that little percentage bar that goes all the way up as it verifies 1 of 1. After it finishes, that little dialogue box goes away...... then thats it. nothing happens. tfc doesnt open. i tried restarting steam and my computer, neither helped. as a last resort, i uninstalled/reinstalled tfc and that fixed it... until yesturday when it did it again. i once again uninstalled/reinstalled, tfc, but it continues to do it and wont let me open it. any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #289
tschumann

It'd be nice if the Half-Life HD pack worked with Team Fortress Classic like it's meant to.

Last edited by tschumann: 06-04-2009 at 03:52 AM.
tschumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #290
MatthewHare

wow
10char

Last edited by MatthewHare: 06-25-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #291
tschumann

Emailing someone at Valve would probably work better than this thread.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #292
orangensaft

I don't know about e-mailing, but I wrote the Steam Support once and the answer I got was like "The game is too old, it wouldn't be worth it."
orangensaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #293
Gnu

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangensaft View Post
I don't know about e-mailing, but I wrote the Steam Support once and the answer I got was like "The game is too old, it wouldn't be worth it."
or what they realy mean: we can't get any money from this game anymore so of and go buy crappy tf2
Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #294
tschumann

It'd be nice if there was a dedicated GoldSource person at Valve.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #295
MightyLord

indeed, but Valve just never could afford to lose/hire a guy or 2 for that
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #296
Gnu

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschumann View Post
It'd be nice if there was a dedicated GoldSource person at Valve.

i would say it's necessary there is someone who did this, if i were them i would be ashamed to make products that didnt work, but apparently when it comes to videogames people think it is normal they pay for something that is not finished and full of bugs

imagine i did the same at my job as electrician: your house would burn down, your children would die and they throw me in prison, but when a gamedeveloper does it we just live with it and even pay for a sequel thats sucks and has even more bugs...

for all i care valve can go to hell and choke on their new games tbh, there was a time i used to think they where different and actually care about the players, but now i know they are just doing it for the money, why you think they made steam? not to do us a favor, but to increase sales and get even more money. But they seem to forget, if we didnt buy hl1 (and tfc) there would be no hl2, tf2 or any of he new crap they are making, so please have some respect valve...
Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #297
tschumann

I think there's a guy that does server related GoldSource stuff, but that's about it unfortunately. Still, some patches are better than none.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #298
orangensaft

That guy you mean is mostly doing CS stuff if I remember correctly. That protocol update was just applied to the other games cause it was an engine update. (btw, i'm still searching a converter for HLTV demos from prot 47 -> 48)
orangensaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 AM   #299
chewburyjr

Banned
Quote:
Name: Passing Through Door Heals Caltrop Wounds.

Explanation: Another strange bug. When wounded by a scout’s caltrop, a player with reduced mobility can simply pass through a door entity and have their injuries magically healed. This may extend to sniper leg shot victims but I haven’t tested the theory.
this also works with spy's Tranq gun.
would you class slight weapon damage defects as bugs? (e.g enjii's railgun, low pyro flame dmg ect.)

also, being tranqued and using a concussion grenade can cause the grenade not to fire you in the air(as if you were a HWG, you also still suffer the effect of the grenade).
I havn't checked how often this happens but it has only happed to me once..

but as I have said, there are very few problems here that couldn't be solved by a sourcemod :P
chewburyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #300
urban360

Quote:
Name: Dodgy Gas / Gas suits.

Explanation: Taking a suit to be protected from the gas on a map like rock2, but it randomly not protecting you, this also happens in the gas chamber where you trigger the gas release. Sometimes you are also unable to pick suits up. Also sometimes the gas does not actually do anything.
i use the rock2bug fix plugin on my server(Amx Mod X) works great.

Quote:
Name: Telefragged by spectator.

Explanation: If one is occupying the space also shared by the info_player_start within a map, if a spectator should join the server at that exact moment, then one becomes a victim of a spectator telefrag. That is, it is possible to be killed by a non-existent player! It should be simple to fix this problem, either by strategically placed vantage points using the info_player_start or due to a rewrite of the entity code.
looks like i need to make some simple fixes on my maps.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic