Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 07-09-2004, 08:21 AM   #31
Whit

I got a second reply from Eric while I was sleeping, I'll just copy & paste my post from the F2C forum:

I just checked my e-mail account and had a second reply from Eric, it reads:

Subject : RE: TFC Bug List

I don't have a time frame for when we'll have some of these things fixed and ready to release, but we'll definitely look into them. The list you sent has already sparked some conversations here.

I'll let Matt know. =)

-Eric

-----------------------

I just sent him another e-mail adding 4 more bugs , the blurry cross hairs one and 3 mentioned on the steam powered forums.

Quote:
quote:
Name: Forced team change bug
Explaination: Pressing N (alias changeteam) to goto the change team screen, then pressing cancel, will force you to change team when you next press jump. Very infuriating if you pressed N by accident.

By rebo

Quote:
quote:
Name: Well map bug.

Explanation:
This is an architecture related bug:
In the Blue base Flagroom, on top of the short
pipe that leads to the exterior water access (the long pipe),
a player can walk right through the wall into solid geometry.

Fixes: Fix the brushes at this location.
In fact, fix the entire network of pipes in this map.
I've personally been grenade blasted clear out of the map
from inside of these pipes on a few occasions...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Badlands map bugs.

Explanation:
There are numerous bugs in the Badlands map:
1. The 2 ammo packs in the Blue flagroom give 100 cells,
while the ones in the Red flagroom give 75 cells.
Engineers will understand the relevance if this discrepancy...
2. The func_rotating (fan) entities do not work.
3. Architecture bug above the Red base side door, at the corner
where the Base wall meets the rock wall. You can walk partially
into the solid geometry here and "drown".
4. Missing info_tfgoal entity with a "goal_no" of 100.

Fixes:
1. Equalize the "ammo_cells" KeyValue for the info_tfgoal
entities in both Flagrooms.
2. The "spawnflags" KeyValue of the func_rotating entities
need to include the "SF_BRUSH_ROTATE_INSTANT" bit for
them to automatically start up after the map loads
...OR...
func_button entities can be used to trigger them on and off.
3. Fix the brushes at this location.
4. Replace missing entity.

By SpannerSpammer
Old 07-09-2004, 08:56 AM   #32
chryosis

This isn't really a "bug" but I think it's important. The pyro's flamethrower needs to be fixed where it actually lights people on fire when the sprite hits their hitbox.

You have to hit directly in the center of the player at exactly the right time to set someone on fire. This may also be true of blue pipes but they aren't supposed to be accurate anyways I don't think.

Also, another thing I don't understand, is why the pyro dies from ONE emp. The soldier can take more (his ammo should be very explosive to?), as can the HW (who really only should be able to take 1 emp with all that ammo!).

Some people might want to talk about some things that valve could do to generally "fix" the game (fix some classes, etc...).
Old 07-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #33
FourStroke

Thumbs up

NIce to see some response from Valve on these issues
Old 07-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #34
Snowknight26

Great list Whit! Im glad to see that someone at Valve cares about TFC.

Name: Teleporter text bug

Explanation: If you build a teleporter entrance or exit, instead of text appearing in the middle of the screen saying "Teleporter exit (or entrance) built", it shows something similar to #teleporter_exit_built. This also happens when you personally build a teleporter and try to view its health. It shows as something similar to #teleporter_exit_health.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #35
† T-Rex †

Quote:
Originally posted by chryosis
Also, another thing I don't understand, is why the pyro dies from ONE emp. The soldier can take more (his ammo should be very explosive to?), as can the HW (who really only should be able to take 1 emp with all that ammo!).
I agree with the flame thrower bug, but about the EMP grenade... I've been a soldier full health and been taken out with one EMP before. It was because of all the backpacks surrounding me. The more backpacks, the more powerful the EMP, and the farther it reaches.

I've seen a guy take out the entire opposing team with one EMP! All you need is for them to be cluttered together and have a bunch of backpacks all over the ground. BOOM!.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #36
Athrency

great work on the buglist! :x and also very cool that it's talked about by valve :>
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowknight26
instead of text appearing in the middle of the screen saying "Teleporter exit (or entrance) built", it shows something similar to #teleporter_exit_built.
I think this is because you might have copied over the titles.txt file from your WON TFC dir by accident. If there's a titles.txt in your steam\SteamApps\username@account.com\team fortress classic\tfc dir, you can get those messages back by deleting it (or renaming it, moving it or whatever you wanna do with it :p).
Old 07-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #37
Fester

Quote:
another thing I don't understand, is why the pyro dies from ONE emp. The soldier can take more (his ammo should be very explosive to?), as can the HW (who really only should be able to take 1 emp with all that ammo!).
In game terms its because pyros carry a lot of cells. A fatty or soldier who discards ditches all his cells, but a pyro keeps them because they're the ammo for the flamethrower.

In balance terms its because pyros are annoying, and in order to balance their annoyance level you can annoy them back by EMPing them

Also, it looks artistically pretty when they go off in a gigantic fireball ^_^
Old 07-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #38
Hampster

Quote:
This isn't really a "bug" but I think it's important. The pyro's flamethrower needs to be fixed where it actually lights people on fire when the sprite hits their hitbox.

You have to hit directly in the center of the player at exactly the right time to set someone on fire. This may also be true of blue pipes but they aren't supposed to be accurate anyways I don't think.

Some people might want to talk about some things that valve could do to generally "fix" the game (fix some classes, etc...).
I'm pretty sure the amount of damage the EMP makes is directly related to the amount of "metal" (per se) within the blasting range. Since pyro and engie carry a lot of it with them (at most 200), they blow up fast. For some reason, in STEAM, hw's are harder to blow up with EMPs (it typically takes two now), and I guess it's because of that principle. ..

..don't quote me on it, but I think that's how EMPs work.
Hampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #39
Hampster

Quote:
Originally posted by Fester
In game terms its because pyros carry a lot of cells. A fatty or soldier who discards ditches all his cells, but a pyro keeps them because they're the ammo for the flamethrower.

In balance terms its because pyros are annoying, and in order to balance their annoyance level you can annoy them back by EMPing them

Also, it looks artistically pretty when they go off in a gigantic fireball ^_^
That's hilarious, we posted the exact thing at the same time.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #40
Fester

nah, not exactly the same time - I beat you by 2 whole minutes!
Old 07-09-2004, 04:36 PM   #41
Hampster

Quote:
Originally posted by Fester
nah, not exactly the same time - I beat you by 2 whole minutes!
Weird. It shows up on my computer as the same.

BUG!.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #42
Whit

Quote:
For some reason, in STEAM, hw's are harder to blow up with EMPs (it typically takes two now), and I guess it's because of that principle. ..
That was because of a bug fix by Valve I think, in WON a Scout (for definate) and a HW (I think ;/) couldn't discard their ammo properly and as such were more at risk to an EMP.
If you remember on WON when a scout died he dropped 100 Armour cells (or something similar) so it was very easy to upgrade SGs on a scout rush (clan match talk), this bug was sorted on Steam so a scout could drop their ammo bags, now they only drop like 10 armour cells or something similarly low if they remember to discard before dieing.
I think the same principle applys to the HW as on WON a HW bag had 0 armour cells in it so it was worthless to an engineer, now the HW can discard some cells I think.

(Did any of that make any sense? ;/ Even if it did I'm not entirely sure I'm correct about the HW).
Old 07-10-2004, 02:57 AM   #43
J3000

I want to know why i stick to HW's like glue. I understand that they are "Heavy" and "unmovable" but.. do i have to stick to them when im around them? Seems like a bug to me. Fix the sticky HW's please.

Minor bug.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:44 AM   #44
Blackcrisis

Cool wow

simply wow, some of these things Ive never even heard of good job for pointing them out.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:27 AM   #45
Gange

Im glad to finally hear of some response from valve. And its been pinned to the top of the forum! Lets hope they do actually take some real action this time, Its not the first time they have responded with a message to most of those bugs with promises of fixing. But i'm hopeful for a change.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic