Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #31
barneyinblue

L4D2 modders are bunch of babies. I reported them like two times already.
barneyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #32
alehm

They are "working on it". I hope it comes out soon for you peeps. I am not too bothered because I am still working on my l4D campaign. Looks like well into March 2010. hahaha
alehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #33
StakeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofog View Post
What a in piece of company... One week.

I dont give a about how many mails they receive or that they just released a game, they announced that it would include the SDK and now dont even bother to give us a in answer? Thats like selling a in car without gearshift and not giving an answer when we can expect it, or why they took it out.
They didn't take anything out... its not part of the game release but rather a seperate set of tools thats released. It was never promised to be in the game, but rather released AROUND the time L4D2 came out. Its coming obviously, and Valve has communicated expected release dates if you actually read the thread... its just that Valve has terrible time estimates.

In the end, its only been a week. Im sure it will come out this week or sometime next... whats the big deal so long as it doesn't take as long as the L4D1 tools?
StakeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #34
herbius

Personally, if Valve says something I usually expect it about a month+ later. I'm surprised L4D2 actually came out on the day, so in a way they did a good job. I wasn't particularly expecting this when L4D2 was released so I'm trying not to get too hyped up over it. Still annoying though, but in a "You know it's good for you" kind of way, since a more stable Hammer (will this ever happen?) is a damn good thing in my books.
herbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #35
ProZak

Doesn't L4D2 use the same VPK system as L4D1? I imagine the entities are more or less the same. I'd check out some of the official maps and work from there if it was me.
ProZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:13 AM   #36
Salith

Yep, start all your brush-work with the L4D1 SDK (or at a press the Orange Box SDK), but don't put in any entities until the L4D2 SDK is finalised and released.
Salith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #37
Furious Dre

No one truly understands Valve Time. You guys honestly thought "on Release" meant on release?

Are you all already bored of the default maps? :O
Furious Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
herbius

My L4D2 and L4D Authoring tools just got updated, and guess what... Crap all changed. God.

I'm just not in a good mood at the moment because of L4D nav meshes taking the mick like they always do. Then, something good could finally happen...but doesn't.

Last edited by herbius: 11-27-2009 at 10:11 AM.
herbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #39
helio-g

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33ky View Post
Yeah, dumb Valve for giving us such a great engine, then making a bunch of good games but delay the SDK releases. Those lazy s deserve to be shot[/sarcasm]
They did not actualy give it to us (maybe they gave it to You, but we had to buy it), They sold it to us. If they had actualy given it to me, i would be more understanding that they did not release the SDK as stated on the Official Post, because they are doing it for free and they enjoy it but they do have a real job that they need to do plus life, so of course its not they're priority. But thats not the case....

Last edited by helio-g: 11-29-2009 at 01:02 AM.
helio-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #40
z33ky

What do you think Valve is doing? Just waiting their asses of and laugh about guys complaining about the unreleased SDK? What the heck would be the benefit of doing so?
They're doing a good job and if it takes them longer than expected to release the SDK then they'll have a reason for that.
z33ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #41
KevinSpacey

Maybe if we do more flag designs they'll release it sooner.
KevinSpacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:42 AM   #42
The Colour Blue

Looks like we're waiting
The Colour Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #43
helio-g

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33ky View Post
What do you think Valve is doing? Just waiting their asses of and laugh about guys complaining about the unreleased SDK? What the heck would be the benefit of doing so?
They're doing a good job and if it takes them longer than expected to release the SDK then they'll have a reason for that.
Of course there is always a reason and obviously there is absolutely no benefit in them waiting around and laughing from a professional viewpoint for either the company or the clients.
What exactly would be the benefit in them giving you what you pay for when you pay for it?
helio-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #44
z33ky

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
You payed for L4D2, which includes a Single-Player version, a Multipler one, Co-op, Steam Achievements and so on, and you got it.

The SDK will come, you just have to be patient.

Last edited by z33ky: 11-29-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: grammar
z33ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #45
Stylus15

Actually, I only pre-ordered before the sales because I was under the impression that the SDK would be released at launch, (as advertised.)

It does seem like a marketing ploy to me, but then I guess it can't be helped now.. I just wish these people would give some kind of response as to why they decided to do this. I mean.. the game is clearly the same as L4D1 in practically every way. I doubt the SDK needed much work to be distributed on time.. So why the hold up?

The only things I can think of would be that they want to release the L4D1 campaigns officially or they want us to play their L4D2 campaigns properly before we get to create our own.. OR the match making system needs work.. Meh.. Guess we'll never know.
Stylus15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion