Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Inconsistent Mouse Speed MW2

Hey guys, i'm having a problem that is really getting on my nerves. Ever since I got the game, I have been having problems simply aiming in this first person shooter. If i move my mouse at a steady rate you can see the aim thing jump as if the mouse is accelerating or that the speed is just faster for a second. I know this sounds weird but it's been bothering me.

I only got it to work some how like magically by putting my computer in hybernate mode for a long time and getting that direct x error. Then it might work. I know I can run the game great at high settings thanks to two times it actually worked. I really dont know what to call this problem, i guess it's like an offline mouse lag that only came about when using steam. Call of duty 4 worked fine but did not use steam for it.

By the way i'm running windows 7 64 bit, have an updated Radeon HD 4650 card and 4 gigs of ram. IS any one out there having this same problem? Help would be gladly appreciated, thanks!!
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Me_EB
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 1
Posts: 30
Its called mouse acceleration, its a console port, lucky us right.
Me_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
but i know what mouse acceleration is though, that even applies when you are moving the mouse at a completely steady rate? i thought mouse acceleration is only invloved if you actually accelerate the mouse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
DarK_cS
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 13
Posts: 1,013
Mouse smoothing turned off in-game? I don't notice any acceleration in-game and I'm a natzi about that kind of thing.
DarK_cS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Sir
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2008
Reputation: 77
Posts: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31418 View Post
but i know what mouse acceleration is though, that even applies when you are moving the mouse at a completely steady rate? i thought mouse acceleration is only invloved if you actually accelerate the mouse.
Yes, it happens if you leave it at a constant rate. It might be in your mouse settings, otherwise it's in the game, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Whippy
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 343
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir View Post
Yes, it happens if you leave it at a constant rate. It might be in your mouse settings, otherwise it's in the game, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Google CPL MOUSE FIX. Get the one that has the add and remove .reg
Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Putto
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 6
Posts: 205
Disable "Enhanced Pointer Precision" in mouse options in control panel, it turns mouse accel in COD4 and MW2 off without needing the mouse fix ;O

Edit: I was getting the problem earlier too, but mine was input lag caused by the game not liking my mouse set to a higher polling rate :|
Putto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
Google CPL MOUSE FIX. Get the one that has the add and remove .reg
i keep finding cpl fixes for xp and vista only, not 64 bit windows 7 but i'm still looking, thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
Putto
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 6
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31418 View Post
i keep finding cpl fixes for xp and vista only, not 64 bit windows 7 but i'm still looking, thanks
cheesemfix works on Windows 7
Putto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putto View Post
Disable "Enhanced Pointer Precision" in mouse options in control panel, it turns mouse accel in COD4 and MW2 off without needing the mouse fix ;O

Edit: I was getting the problem earlier too, but mine was input lag caused by the game not liking my mouse set to a higher polling rate :|
yea, "Enhanced Pointer Precision" has been off, that was acually the first thing I checked, I think mine may be input lag also i don't know but thanks though
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
DarK_cS
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 13
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31418 View Post
i keep finding cpl fixes for xp and vista only, not 64 bit windows 7 but i'm still looking, thanks
I'm on 7 and I thought accel was stuck on but seemed to be gone after using CPL Fix + precision off.
DarK_cS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_cS View Post
I'm on 7 and I thought accel was stuck on but seemed to be gone after using CPL Fix + precision off.
Ok I tried downloading cheesemfix and all I get is a notepad file. What am I supposed to do with it, sorry, i'm a noob to this kinda stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
toppy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 43
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putto View Post
Disable "Enhanced Pointer Precision" in mouse options in control panel, it turns mouse accel in COD4 and MW2 off without needing the mouse fix ;O

Edit: I was getting the problem earlier too, but mine was input lag caused by the game not liking my mouse set to a higher polling rate :|
ty I always wondered what was wrong with this game. reps for u and the poster for bringin it up.
toppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #14
Putto
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 6
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj31418 View Post
Ok I tried downloading cheesemfix and all I get is a notepad file. What am I supposed to do with it, sorry, i'm a noob to this kinda stuff
http://www.filefront.com/13992579/cheesemfix.zip/

Run the reg file that correlates with your monitor refresh rate :O
Putto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
sj31418
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putto View Post
http://www.filefront.com/13992579/cheesemfix.zip/

Run the reg file that correlates with your monitor refresh rate :O
Ok so I ran the 60 file since it correlates with my refresh rate, and unfortunately the game is still acting the same. Am I supposed to run any more files within the cheesemfix or restart the computer cause i am still getting that stupid acceleration problem. by the way, i'm really appreciating the help
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.