Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
TG Chewitt18

Official Steam MW2 Rank Backup

after waiting for a week or so Steam have told me that i could have restored my rank and this is how you do it if your rank gets reset.

Hopefully it will help other as i have now passed the rank i lost and so it is no use to me any more.

Quote:
A recent game crash or system error may cause your multiplayer stats to rollback to an earlier date or reset completely.

However, to protect your stats against this, backups for your stats are frequently saved to your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 folder in Steam.

In the event of a rollback or reset, please locate your Modern Warfare 2 install folder:

Default Location: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\

Open the \players\ folder

Your multiplayer profile is updated regularly as a .stat *and* backup file.

Your original profile file will begin with: md202ef8d

Your backup profile file will begin with: md202ef8d.bak

In order to recover your lost data, please do the following:

Locate the profile and backup .stat files with the most recent "Date Modified" listed in Windows

Move your original profile .stat file to a new location (Creating a new folder and placing it here should be fine).

Rename your backup file by removing ".bak" from the file name.

Once you have finished this, launch Steam and re-test this issue.

If you require further assistance troubleshooting your game crashes, technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the link below for instructions to contact the support provider for this title:

Title: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_a...3991-EOAV-1596

Please let us know if you experience further difficulties, or if you have additional questions or concerns.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Playerp228

This doesnt work for me, the steam cloud just overwrites whatever I attempt to restore it to.
Playerp228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
vietkangta

was just hacked today, tried it and no go for me either. This sucks. Guess imma just quit and wait for the next big game.
vietkangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Playerp228

I completely deleted the player folder and then the userdata folder under C:\program files\steam\userdata\4358938 (well actually i renamed that folder) and relaunched the game. It resets everything including rank/achievements.

Third game I entered since doing that, was a bump server (boosts level to 70), but I've started going through the annoying as process of killing my connection / backing up userdata/players when I hit those modded lobbies, so who knows I might actually make it through the prestiges on my own now.
Playerp228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Pavelow

Talking achivementz

[QUOTE=Playerp228;15284880]I completely deleted the player folder and then the userdata folder under C:\program files\steam\userdata\4358938 (well actually i renamed that folder) and relaunched the game. It resets everything including rank/achievements.

WOW, let me just get this clear... You reseted the achievements?? Isn't that supposed to be permanent on Steam Cloud or something lol :P but if its true.. i'm gonna try that. but then again.. i'd hate to loose my fall camos > so lol can u really reset achievments?? :P thx
Pavelow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare