Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
shrinkshooter

Banned
Steam ID complaints?

Hello guys,

I sincerely apologize if this has been stickied or asked somewhere befored, but every time I try to use the search function my browser just sits there waiting to load the page.

Anyway, my question: I just finished playing some Modern Warfare 2, and i was camping domination on Karachi and getting nice killstreaks. I got 7 in a row defending a flag, called in a harrier, then an ac-130, then a nuke. The caveat it, some guy started calling me a hacker and aimbotter because i was getting so many kills without dying. He claimed to have watch my killcams and said it was "obvious," which only made me want to punch him in the face even more because I've only ever used my keyboard and mouse, and while I should be flattered it's just downright irritating.

Anyway, the guy goes on to say "I'm reporting you" and I say "okay, go ahead, it won't do anything because I've never hacked in any game I've ever played." His response was "then why do you have 25 complaints on your steam id?" I asked "for what?" and he said "for hacking and aimbotting."

This is the first time I've ever heard of any such system, and I've barely had the game for a week or a week and a half, so 25 complaints within that time seems insane. I ask the guy "really? how do i look at these complaints?" Because I'd genuinely like to see them, if they exist. He just brushed me off and didn't respond, so that's why I am here: is there a steam ID complaint system? And if so how do i look at the complaints against me?

I've always been used to system securities like punkbuster, which don't globally ban anyone unless they have total proof of someone hacking, which is why I've never been banned. My qualms are, if enough idiots like the guy above just get raged out because I'm destroying them legitimately, I'll rack up enough of whatever these "complaints" are and get banned from a (really expensive) game.

Also to note, guy said since I had 25 I'd be banned "within a week." Is this dude just blowing hot air, or do I need to be worried? I don't want to intentionally sabotage how well I play in the hopes of not racking up these stupid "complaints."

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #2
kakkerlak

Banned
they are talking about a violation report on the/your community page.
vac(valve anti cheat) does not accept reports ever.

noting to worry about valve will not do anything if they reported you cheat trough the community pages
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-RADZ-6869

edit:these cod kids wrongly call there community name/ID there steamID.
we just have to deal with that I guess like the cheater/hacker thing.

Last edited by kakkerlak: 12-07-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
m00d

He's lying, you'll only get banned for hacking by VAC and that's not anything to do with players. There is no way to complain about a user and there's no way to be automatically banned because of complaints. It'd be a ridiculous system, too easy to abuse.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
kakkerlak

Banned
they probably get some kind of punishment themselfs for sending bogus violation reports all the time :P
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #5
sneakbyte

VAC does not ban racism foul language, TKing, people with noisy mics etc its only priorty is memory injection, Dll hacks, modified exes, modifying cfg files will not get you VAC banned. and Valve don't deal with user complaints, Server Admins also don't unless the server chat logs or someone records a source timed demo of the abusive player and send it to the admin then you might/maybe banned depenading on server admin. With MW2 admins don't exist so its only VAC. so you can't get banned.

Valve do have control over Vac bans they do remove them for cybercafe accounts only.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
shrinkshooter

Banned
Thanks for the help guys. I have one more question though: now that I have found what he was talking about, and more importantly that it's total BS, is there any way to actually view how many violations have been submitted against you? Because if you can't, then this guy was lying twice over, and it would be nice to have some ammunition against such smacktards for future use.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
kakkerlak

Banned
if he said 25 ppl it is save say it was 3 reports maximum
there is no way of viewing it.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
pacbowl

As a non-cheater I would count every one of those 25 hacking complaints as a badge of honor.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
shrinkshooter

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacbowl View Post
As a non-cheater I would count every one of those 25 hacking complaints as a badge of honor.
Well yeah, I might, but if they existed in public view anywhere other people wouldn't think the same way. So you're right, but it still sucks.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Satine

If someone accuses you of cheating, just say thank you for the props, but that no you dont cheat.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
fofofo

banned for no reason

it is so gay steam you mistaked me with a nuther guy and know i am banned and if you can plz un ban me my name is xxjellyfishxx

Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
fofofo

plz help me steam i am so deveistated

Old 10-21-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
Gentle

Find a different/better/harder server to play on because if you are accused of hacking...

They aren't in your league any more.

Back in the day, I had a guy chasecam me in a game for a few maps in Counter-Strike 1.6... They then accused me of hacking.

Using a good pair of headphones instead of speakers allows you to hear many things people not accustomed to listening will incorrectly assume was hacking.

Gentle
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #14
T@F

Only vac can ban you not hear say.
Also you should have said to them ty i can now aim like a bot that's a new step up in my playing.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #15
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
fofofo: Contact Steam support or visit the VAC section for more information.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips