Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
weedo

Can't move mouse when pressing keys (cant move in-game!)

Hey guys, just got a new laptop and I tried out some CSS on it to the joy that it runs it at maximum settings but to the horror that I cannot hold down any keys without my mouse not moving!

Yeah I know laptops and touchpads suck for gaming, I have my nice gaming PC for proper gaming.

Anyway, when I press a key my mouse wont respond to movement for exactly one second, if I am holding keys for movement to run in-game the mouse doesn't move at all until i let go for 1 second. This makes gaming impossible!

It's a brand new Acer laptop with all it's pre-installed drivers and stuff, it's working nicely. I have looked through the mouse options and this "synaptics pointing device" options but can't find any setting to do with this. I am able to check if the laptop is recieving my movement on the touchpad when the mouse isn't moving with the synaptics software, and I can confirm it does infact know im trying to move the mouse.

Please help

EDIT: Problem fixed!

Last edited by weedo: 12-10-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
ester25

what happens if you use external mouse
ester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
weedo

I didn't try an external mouse. I did sort out the problem though, I got the latest version of the synaptics drivers from their site and the problem was fixed, I should have done that in the first place.
weedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems