Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #676
Sho Minamimoto

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstarher0 View Post
I am also getting the "steam connect failed" error every match in MW2 Multiplayer. Someone please help
Stop hacking.

Lololo.
Sho Minamimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #677
xxpenguinxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOnions View Post
- Spawning directly underneath a harrier/pave low etc. in wide open space

- Spawning on top of a grenade

- A grenade launcher shot into a ceiling won't explode. It will either skip collision detection or ricochet off the ceiling and leave a bullet hole in the wall in front of it (difficult to explain, try it yourself). EDIT: I'm told that the grenade won't explode if you shoot from too close, but when I first discovered this & tried it a few times it still would do the same thing from far away.

- If you die, things you've set like C4, Claymores, etc, or rockets that you've fired that have yet to hit anything, disappear. Very noticable when attempting to shoot down an airborne kill streak reward with a javelin, etc.

- An annoying knife spammer will sprint up to me, I'll turn and fire shotgun. I die. In killcam, shotgun doesn't go off. Often times when I'll be shooting at someone and die, I'm not shooting at all during killcam. Lag, or a glitch?
To add to the grenade launcher not exploding at close range, if the grenade bounces off the wall and hit's a players foot it kills them from direct impact. This may not be a glitch but why would that kill them?

C4 usually stays where you placed it until you respawn. I get random kills watching the killcam. But there have been many times when I placed C4 just before being knifed and the C4 didn't go off.

I noticed my last 3 to 5 shots with an auto/semi-auto gun do not register if I die while shooting. However I did notice when using final stand or last stand those shots do get registered as long as I don't die.
xxpenguinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #678
Yves_W

To add to the grenade launcher not exploding at close range, if the grenade bounces off the wall and hit's a players foot it kills them from direct impact. This may not be a glitch but why would that kill them?

^'cause it's a hard hit. And why would a throwing knife in your foot kill you? :")

I noticed my last 3 to 5 shots with an auto/semi-auto gun do not register if I die while shooting. However I did notice when using final stand or last stand those shots do get registered as long as I don't die.

^I have the same with a launcher. I see the smoke, but it still doesn't hit. I think it only records hits when you're still alive.
Yves_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #679
Sho Minamimoto

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves_W View Post

^'cause it's a hard hit. And why would a throwing knife in your foot kill you? :")

^I have the same with a launcher. I see the smoke, but it still doesn't hit. I think it only records hits when you're still alive.
They call latency issues, bro. What happens on the screen doesn't really register fast enough.
Sho Minamimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #680
MMaleficarum

cannot get any of those 30 pages explaining how to solve the IWNet connection problem. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #681
Yves_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMaleficarum View Post
cannot get any of those 30 pages explaining how to solve the IWNet connection problem. Thanks.
http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.ph...rfare-2-Errors
Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #682
garyoa1

Single player is dead in the water.

Single player just starts to load and just disappears. However, multi player runs fine. Help?
garyoa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #683
ciul90

When: 12?.08
Map: Skidrow

Second floor building marked on jpg. link
Sniper Quick-Scope's trough riot shield and kills a guy.
He drops dead and SETS ON FIRE.
His head is covered with flames.
Happened twice.
On the same map (but dont know if only on it) - Quick Scoping goes through riot shield and kills smoothly.
ciul90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #684
FancyPantsMan

NOOOO

I Bought MW2 of the weekend sale and after i finished downloading it, I got an error saying, "Installation In complete Call of duty modern warfare 2 multiplayer (2)". When I tried to launch single player, it just keeps trying to relaunch by itself. I've tried alot things and I still cant get the game running. I have just reinstalled the game but I get the same error. PLEASE HELP ME!
FancyPantsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #685
garyoa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsMan View Post
I Bought MW2 of the weekend sale and after i finished downloading it, I got an error saying, "Installation In complete Call of duty modern warfare 2 multiplayer (2)". When I tried to launch single player, it just keeps trying to relaunch by itself. I've tried alot things and I still cant get the game running. I have just reinstalled the game but I get the same error. PLEASE HELP ME!
In your library, right clik on the game, "properties"... "local files"... "verify integrity of game cache".

Worked for me.
garyoa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #686
les_paul94

Random Crash

This happens if I open either the single player or the multiplayer.

The main menu will act as essentially a screenshot and not an actual menu. The cursor will not move, and the dynamic ambiant features of the menu (the smoke, ect) will appear frozen. This makes the game unplayable and must be force shut down using Task Manager. This happens randomly, with no apparent bearing on whether the computer is freshly restarted or updated or not.

I'm positive my game can handle both aspects of MW2 as when it does work, the performance is incredible.

Please help, Thank you!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #687
Yves_W

^Try the fixes on this site .

(Yep, I posted it a lot, but it has solved a lot of errors).
Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #688
schoffel

server mods

Hey everybody,

I've been playing in a server which installed a mod. I can't see my radar while playing in regular tdm matches. Can someone help me out?

thanks in advance
Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #689
Vinto

Hey, I think this solution should work as it did for me recently when my radar was enhanced 2x in size.

Navigate to: Computer > Local Disc (C: ) > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > common > call of duty modern warfare 2 > players

Then delete your config_mp file and restart steam. Launch MW2 and it should automatically create another default configuration and your game should be back to normal.
Vinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #690
FaR2sToNeD

Red face Double You Tee Eff ?

Here's an odd one.

Was literally JUST playing mw2 and it crashed, an odd error message something like "localisation could not establish 'local_something.inf".

Now the weird part, my game begins to update with over an hour remaining. Sweet a mw2 update I thought, and a huge one! Maybe secrect servers are being implimented since mw3 is out ect ect ect.

Turns out nope, 60% of my game just uninstalled itself.

Anyone experienced this? I have like 900 hours and it's crashed a fair few times, but I've never heard of it uninstalling 60% of a game after crashing.
FaR2sToNeD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 2