Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 12-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
onyxapple

is it true?

one of my friends sent me a message.

k listen, if two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, do not accept it. It is a virus. Tell everyone on your list, because if one person on your list, add him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Please pass it on to everyone on your list. We need to find out, who where using this account.

is it true that that can happen?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Slayer00

No.
You cannot get virus by adding someone, however if you click links then yes.

That is just hoax/spam/chainmail/etc..
Slayer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Glenntja4

My friend tried to trick me into such sites... but Cometbird (Not my avg) found the virus.. lol

There migth be a time when your Browser might detect something is wrong.. and you have the virus.. always check your C disk for suspicios large consuming memory files. (Suggest having 1x Virus program, Firefox or Cometbird, Anti Spyware (spywareblaster) this will keep you partly safe.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
onyxapple

thank you slayer00 and glenntja for the help and tips hope to see you guys around if i need anymore help
onyxapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Glenntja4

Hehe.. I dont find myself too helpful hehe. I suggest never using IE.. unless you have too. I like Cometbird, it is firefox based but quicker, and I find it more safe. Im using AVG (if not norton) and spyware blaster and I am very happy.

CCleaner and Defraggler also helps me keep out trash (After 1 week I might throw out 6 gig of trash) From Filehippo (Do not trust this site for all as it contains some virus In items only. I suggest just getting Ccleaner, Degfraggler or Spywarblaster from there.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Ajhayter

I've got s terminal taht I built for £10 that i use to display movies from NAS to TV. Anything from someone I don't know I open using remote access on that. If it is somthing bad, then a) it's a linux box, and b) nothing important is on there.
Ajhayter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips