Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Old 12-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
blix2006

dont bother

i still have a special place in my heart for this game i was there from the beginning and stayed for about 6 months..but they just announced that there will be no new features for this game ever.all they are doing is alittle bug fixing.this means that the game is in its death bed.that makes me sad but its true.it WILL be closed within the next 6 months you can be sure about that.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Teriander

I also had this game since launch day. Played for about 3 months and couldn't believe they had a premature launch. The executives who allowed this disaster are the people to blame. Its a shame. Im sure its better now, but i'll never know.
Teriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
evs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix2006 View Post
.it WILL be closed within the next 6 months you can be sure about that.
last time i checked it's still going....

fail!
evs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Boe-Os

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriander View Post
I also had this game since launch day. Played for about 3 months and couldn't believe they had a premature launch. The executives who allowed this disaster are the people to blame. Its a shame. Im sure its better now, but i'll never know.
It had a premature release because it ran out of funds. Not much they could do.

But Vanguard holds a special place for me too, absolutley loved what they were doing with it (beta tested it for a year prior its release) was just such a shame what happened to it, and how SoE have pretty much imho done very little with it, could easily be a Flagship game for SoE but they just cant be bothered it seems.
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
Saorlan

It is an EQ clone. Why you think they bought it?

They bought it to kill it so that EQ2 would succeed!

Get some business sense guys....
Saorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Dialectic

Disagree

My cousin and I have been playing Vanguard together for a few weeks now, and it has been really fun. There are always other people around, despite the low population. If enough people start playing they will make new content, but there is enough in the game already to make it worth playing. Even without friends to play with there are solo quests. Even if the game where to die out in 6 months, it is worth the time.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #7
xxproto21xx

At this years SOE fanfaire they announced Vanguard will be getting 2 Content updates in the coming year. That is major news considering VG hasnt had 1 update in the past 2 years.

Just a FYI.

It seems like SOE is starting to concentrate on their games again instead of making new ones.
xxproto21xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Augmenti

Actually they bought it because it's better than EQ2 and the Vanguard world is being merged/used/implemented into EQ3/Vanguard 2.

Also there was nothing anyone could do about the state at release, it was either Release or it would have never been released, ever. They ran out of money/finance making the most innovative mmog in the past 10 years.
Augmenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 AM   #9
Jack Pipsam

New content is coming now
Jack Pipsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
Bague

2 years too late, its a shame since it had the most awesome class concepts of any mmo.

Bloodmage, disciple, the combo trigger thingies....
Bague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
AsheMan

Avoid this game like the plague. Only play if you are truly desperate for an MMO and even then there are so many others to choose from.

No support. Plenty of bugs. Low population. One terrible thing after another since release.

This game had the most potential of any MMO ever, and they failed so hard.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
maldorf

I just downloaded it and am going to give it a go since its free now. I tried LOTRO for about a month or two but got bored real fast with it. I liked the original EQ a lot and it looks like some of its characteristics are to be found in this game. There should be a more robust amount of players online now that its free and found on steam.
maldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Erikose

Just got this up and running and have to say bleh!!!!
The lag was awful to the point of taking ages just to open up NPC dialogue screens. Seriously, it's worse than Shadowbane ever was with its rubberbanding MOBS and DBL.

Secondly, you can see why it's on Steam. Its a last gasp to get a population for a game that offers nothing new to an already stale market. Its graphics are dated and although that isn't critical the dull mechanics are.

There is far better out there with more to offer although you won't get a chance to go make a cup of tea while you wait to chat with newer games.

Last edited by Erikose: 10-21-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Erikose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
Losse

Ive played since it went ftp on steam and really like it so far, but then I am already bored with pandas and guild wars so.....

This game is challenging, which makes grouping and community important again. And there are lots of lowbies running around right now so making friends is easy. If you try it, do the island first.

Compared to what this game was when it was not free to play and before it hit steam it is thriving at the moment. Turn up the grapics all the way and they aren't bad. Tons of people are on and there are several large guilds. You can play several races and classes to max level for FREE. And you dont have to pay 50$ up front.

If your going to try it now is the time to join and level with all the new noobs

They have also brought in some new blood for development.
Losse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
maldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losse View Post
Ive played since it went ftp on steam and really like it so far, but then I am already bored with pandas and guild wars so.....

This game is challenging, which makes grouping and community important again. And there are lots of lowbies running around right now so making friends is easy. If you try it, do the island first.

Compared to what this game was when it was not free to play and before it hit steam it is thriving at the moment. Turn up the grapics all the way and they aren't bad. Tons of people are on and there are several large guilds. You can play several races and classes to max level for FREE. And you dont have to pay 50$ up front.

If your going to try it now is the time to join and level with all the new noobs

They have also brought in some new blood for development.
I have been looking a long time to recapture the same feelings I had when I played the original EQ and hope that this game might be able to accomplish at least a smidgeon of that. Im older now though and not able or willing to commit the same amount of time I did when playing EQ. I have tried a few MMOS since EQ and nothing has even come close. My most recent effort was on LOTRO and it just did not hold my attention enough, it got boring.

I think its foolish for any serious online roleplayer to not give this game a go since it is free.

Now if I could steer some of my enthusiasm for WOTR and Chivalry toward trying this I could get started on it! Still havent run the game yet.
maldorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes