Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stormrise

Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
GIRAFFE OF GOD

Does anyone buy this game?

Even in the sale?

Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Adus98045

Well, I can say that I was very interested in it before, but when I saw "Requires Windows® Vista SP1 and DirectX 10 to play" I think it is not going to be good to play, especially the score of this game is 42 out of 100, what kind of a crap can make it so bad like this?

I must say, I am still a little bit interested in it, but I am not going to buy it in any sense.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
nadenitza

Banned
Judging from the feedback i'll say ney :]
nadenitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Dark Globe

lol this game really sucks, i advise everyone to stay away, it doesn't even deserve that 42 out of 100 imo
Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
CynicalNinja

I can't believe Creative Assembly made something this terrible. They had a string of awesome games with their Total War series, and suddenly...wtf?

Guess it got what it deserved, though. 75% off and it's not even in the top 20 sellers. (Maybe the discount should be permanent?)
CynicalNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Adus98045

Well, just as one of the Critic Reviews says, this game is designed to be a new fashion of RTS, just that it is too new for the players to get used to it and enjoy it.

Besides the terrible control system, the graphic is great, the art design and the story is great. But only because of such control system, there is no way to buy it even in a price cut of 75% off.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
rta

42/100 metascore? why would i even BOTHER to look into the game? yes, i am that shallow and probably wouldn't download it if it were free.

How's about some real deals there Valve?
rta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
Nukeknight

[QUOTE=CynicalNinja;12802883]I can't believe Creative Assembly made something this terrible. They had a string of awesome games with their Total War series, and suddenly...wtf? QUOTE]

The last good game they made was MEDTW2! That new game Empire is a disgrace to the Total war series with its lack of support from CA/Sega and thair failure to fix it by just releasing Napolean Total War with out even fixing the original. They abandoned that game just like they did Stormrise they just didn't announce it.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
MWMJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeknight View Post
The last good game they made was MEDTW2! That new game Empire is a disgrace to the Total war series with its lack of support from CA/Sega and thair failure to fix it by just releasing Napolean Total War with out even fixing the original. They abandoned that game just like they did Stormrise they just didn't announce it.
Really? Is that why there have been at least 4 major patches for Empire Total War and one in the works for a massive AI overhaul? Because you know they never support any of their games at all.

Further, Napoleon is completely different than Empire in nearly every facet.

Empire is 'fixed.' Every game has bugs. You can be a man and suck it up and deal with them or blame for the developers for making a 'horrible game.' Nevermind the fact no one who complains about it could ever even come close to making a game.

At any rate, stay away from Stormrise. The controls are horrendous.
MWMJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
BloodShed

This video review pretty much sums it up
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...e-video-review
BloodShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
BDK

Banned
I still can't believe Creative Assembly, makers of the Total War series, could make such a broken POS game. It should never have been released. It's horrible and it's a waste of cash. Valve's quality assurance is severely lacking.
BDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #12
lyravega

If you ask me, strategy means, either deciding & executing as many orders as you can, or pausing (if available) the game, trying to find best manuevers, planning ahead, and execute them to see the results. Meanwhile, adjusting anything necessary to get & keep the upperhand. That's why I like Total War series. Get an army, then try to achieve big victories, with minimal casualties and/or maximum damage inflicted. But Creative Assembly sucked big time by making this PoS.

But if this is the new/next-gen strategy gaming, we're damned, and I blame consoles. I hope CA won't ever try making a PoS similar to this.

PS: If they have added a crosshair and made an action/strategy game from this PoS, I bet metacritic reviews would be around 45.
lyravega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #13
Quick

Oh no, is it possible to get refund?
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stormrise