Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix

Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Jean-CT

Red face Error ! With Credit card validation ...

Alright ! Hi all, I have a problem I hope some of you can help me with

I bought the Final Fantasy Ultimate Collection, and to make a long story short, I am having a issue with the credit card verification step, every time I would insert my information in the play online Viewer, I would get this :

Error !
UCS - 5311
A timeout error has occurred in the card authentication process
Please try again later

I have tried "later" several times, My card is 3D-Secure, Everything is compatible, but for some, reason, I cannot play because of this

I am asking anyone if they know how to bypass this or to actually get through, I viewed many threads with no success, and it seems that Square Enix, has terrible customer service

So I beg of you, Help !

Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Ashrow

"On July 29, 2009, Square Enix put into place an additional security measure that requires all future credit cards used to pay for PlayOnline services be either a Verified By Visa card or an AccountSecure Mastercard. Since the initial announcement, there has been a lot of confusion and misinformation going around. The following is meant to answer questions and prevent further confusion about this change that is meant to tighten security around accounts even further than the measures implemented in the last year.

None of my credit cards qualify for this service! Do I need to get a new credit card?

If you are not going to be changing your payment information anytime soon, you do not need to worry.

Source: "Anyone updating their payment information after July 29 will need to register with the appropriate service before the change can be made."

What do I do if I need to change my payment information and my new card does not qualify for either program?

Call the Info Center and they will assist you in changing your payment information. Unfortunately, if you wish to change your payment method via PlayOnline, you will need to have a credit card that is actively enrolled in one of these programs.

Source: "If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance.""

Source: http://www.zam.com/forum.html?forum=...35007926342957

It sucks because I bought FFXI not knowing this myself, so now I'm outta 11 bucks too, since I only use gift credit cards. (Long story)

Edit: Or the registration servers could have been down, that happens now and then. Try again later. Also, you might want to wait until the 1st, Squeenix charges on the last day of the month, not 30 days from when you register (if you aren't using free trial days).

Last edited by Ashrow: 12-27-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Ashrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
Jean-CT

I see, alright, well seeing as calling them to activate my account will cost me money (1 $ A minute on other forums it said) I see that this game is NOT worth it !

They need to step up and find a new system, meanwhile, I guess I will have to stick with WoW for a little while, but I will keep trying for a week, and after that, I am giving up

"Square Enix is one of the most unpleasant MMO companies in the world. Not evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. On no account should you call Square Enix customer service."
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
chwynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-CT View Post
"Square Enix is one of the most unpleasant MMO companies in the world. Not evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. On no account should you call Square Enix customer service."
The same could be said for Vogons.
chwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
Jean-CT

My co-worker was advising me that it would most likely be that during the holidays, the servers are flooded, If anyone can confirm that they were able to validate themselves recently, I will know that the problem is most likely coming from myself

This is... Pretty damn lame
Old 01-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #6
Bjornalf

no it's stupider than just that.. they are doing reg server maintenance over the New Year holiday.. so they authorize a crazy deal through steam then make it impossible to register? that's exactly how i'd make customers happy [/sarcasm]

*edit* well i've given up and am cutting my $11 loss.. it's 1/3 and i still can't register a PlayOnline Account.. and after reading the crazy ban sweeps they're doing.. banning legitimate non-TOS breaking users in the process i don't believe i'll ever try an online FF game again...

Last edited by Bjornalf: 01-03-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Bjornalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
zekk

Purchased the game off retail, attempted to register, failed several times.
One of my cards is 3D-Secured, and still fails to register.

Basically, just don't buy this game, don't bother with it, its not worth the hassle.
zekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
sammy123

I'm having same issues with this credit card thing as well saying error code UCS-5311 about a time out accuring.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
nisha40

i have a solution but it only lasts for 14 days. go to the final fantasy 11 homepage and apply for the 14 day trail they will send you a cd key. use the TRAIL KEY AT FIRST because if you do you shouldn't have to apply a credit card and you will get your account and will be able to play there is a way to change your account from trail to automated billing system so you can play after the trail but your gonna have to look at my thread for that :P
Old 04-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #10
fentus

Newest Info

Here is the most useful stuff you must read the understand this!

1.)
Read this link
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews16694.shtml

2.)
Read the news
When you load FFXI PlayOnline Viewer go the the main page and click Information, you will see under there all the dates of maintenance, they have been working on the Security on VISA and MasterCard, they are working on it, it might not be 100% compatible yet but I am guessing they added this because they released it to the steam community.

FYI: MasterCard and visa are the only supported cards, if you are a chase customer, you are now visa even if it says MasterCard on your card (Took me 2 days to find that one out).

To Square Enix: I love the game I have played it befor I though about rejoining only because it was on steam, and so help me god if I don't get to play one last time before FFXIV comes out I am never going to buy or play any of your games again.

Everyone else: If it is not fixed by April 5th feel free to flame me!!! Yaaaa for flame!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
sfbuck415

This from their support center:

https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...create+account

I don't see any button that says 'Additional Assistance' do you?

These people are just vile. Square Enix can die in a fire.
sfbuck415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix